I Just Drank a Can of Tuna?!

[quote]Mr. Black wrote:
Tuna, avacodo, cottage cheese, chopped celery on Ezekiel bread.[/quote]

That sounds pretty damn good, I need to get more creative with my cottage cheese!

I still haven’t tried this Ezekiel bread everyone is raving about, is it really any better than bread from a local baker?

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:

[quote]Mr. Black wrote:
Tuna, avacodo, cottage cheese, chopped celery on Ezekiel bread.[/quote]

That sounds pretty damn good, I need to get more creative with my cottage cheese!

I still haven’t tried this Ezekiel bread everyone is raving about, is it really any better than bread from a local baker?[/quote]

Ezekial breads are usually found in the frozen foods section. Some of them are tasty, some taste like cardboard. They are high fiber, relatively high in protein and contain no ingredients really other than grains, seeds and water. They tend to use a number of grains and seeds not found in most commercial breads.

Taste wise I would take a loaf of hand made sour dough rye over any ezekial bread any day, but in terms of macros ezekial breads may be a little more in tune with a body building diet.

Also, drinking tuna sounds like the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard in my entire life. I can’t even imagine a situation in which that comes down as the best way to get in an adequate protein intake.

[quote]gregron wrote:
I’ll second (or third) the Tuna and avocado idea.

Its really good. Smash up one big avocado with a can of tuna… basically tastes just like quacamole. I could eat guac all day urry day!

it just sucks that a can of tuna is like 89 cents and one single avocado can be like 3 bucks lol. LAME![/quote]

Damn thats cheap for tuna! In england, its about 6 pound for 3-4 cans. I think thats about 10 or so us dollars. Ridiculous.

[quote]gregron wrote:
I’ll second (or third) the Tuna and avocado idea.

Its really good. Smash up one big avocado with a can of tuna… basically tastes just like quacamole. I could eat guac all day urry day!

it just sucks that a can of tuna is like 89 cents and one single avocado can be like 3 bucks lol. LAME![/quote]

Damn thats cheap for tuna! In england, its about 6 pound for 3-4 cans. I think thats about 10 or so us dollars. Ridiculous.

[quote]atg410 wrote:
Also, drinking tuna sounds like the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard in my entire life. I can’t even imagine a situation in which that comes down as the best way to get in an adequate protein intake.[/quote]

Agreed… unless it’s for a dare or just to see if you can hack it why do this?

If you absolutely can’t eat another bite that day protein shakes have come along way and taste like dessert for the most part. Get some soup broth and brown some turkey/beef and noodles and slurp that down. It’ll actually taste good

I drank tuna blended with apple juice when I was a clueless 16 year old. Tasted like grainy fish juice. I never did it again.

can of tuna, half tablespoon olive oil, bbq sauce, tastes like pulled pork

Just add 2-3 cloves of raw garlic, and pepper. You wont taste any tuna.

I love tuna, but see no need to turn it into some rite.

If I want protein fast I’ll put 2 scoops of protein powder in milk instead of just one…that would be about 50g of protein…and it tastes like dessert.

I think one can of tuna only has 30g.

Try this one:

The Virile Mary Tuna Shake - By Master Chef John Romano
1 can solid white tuna in water,drained
2 1/2 cups V-8 juice
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
2 tbsp lemon juice
a dash of a good Habanero pepper sauce

Dump it all in a blender for a few seconds and frappe for a few seconds til smooth. Serve with a stalk of celery and a Shot of Stoli( a good vasodialtor for you bodybuilders…the powerlifters are going “a vasodi…WHAT”)

[quote]fairbairn wrote:

Try this one:

The Virile Mary Tuna Shake - By Master Chef John Romano
1 can solid white tuna in water,drained
2 1/2 cups V-8 juice
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
2 tbsp lemon juice
a dash of a good Habanero pepper sauce

Dump it all in a blender for a few seconds and frappe for a few seconds til smooth. Serve with a stalk of celery and a Shot of Stoli( a good vasodialtor for you bodybuilders…the powerlifters are going “a vasodi…WHAT”) [/quote]

While this almost sounds drinkable. NO. People shouldn’t encourage this sort of behavior.