I Just Ate A Lamb

Sat here after cooking a leg of lamb.

Recipe -

Organic lamb 1.5 Kg
4 cloves garlic
Plenty of Rosemary
5 anchove fillets

Poke holes in the lamb all over with a knife then stuff them with bits of the other ingredients. (While drinking quite a bit of red wine)

20 Minutes in a hot oven at 230 then drop it down to 160 for 50 mins for a medium lamb after a fifteen minute rest.

So I also cooked a huge amount of veggies and some gravy made from the fat off the lamb.

While all was resting, Resident Evil came on the TV and something came over me.

Instead of slicing up the meat and serving it with a heap load of delicious veg, I grabbed the whole leg and devoured it - no knife or fork - just teath and ripping.

Fucking awesome and delicious.

Milla Jovovich you have a LOT to answer for.

Just what separates “organic lamb” from regular lamb?

Did a hippy medicine man bless it with holy tie dye?

[quote]Contrl wrote:

Did a hippy medicine man bless it with holy tie dye?[/quote]

Read The Omnivore’s Dilemma, Slaughterhouse, and The Jungle. “Organic” means a lot of things but hopefully it means that the animals flesh wasn’t sprayed with shit before it was packed.

[quote]Contrl wrote:

Ahh just spend the extra $1 for better meat.

[quote]Contrl wrote:

lmao

[quote]Contrl wrote:

PMSL - Now that conjours up images.

Don’t know about elsewhere, but in the UK “Organic” is a very strict process. The animal must be fed on none treated feed for it’s entire life (Just grass and organic feed). No man made chemicals used at all - ever. There are strict rules about how the animal must be kept & looked after, the slaughter process must be done within just a few miles of where the animal was reared (less stress on the way to slaughter).

I buy straight from the farm where the animals are reared. Nice place - They’ll even give you a full tour round so you can see everything from the animals out in the fields to where they are penned in bad weather. Even the finishing and butchering process if you want to see.

All in all, it makes a big difference to the flavour of the meat and the nutients it contains. That and I know the animals were well looked after for their entire lives.

I think it’s more enjoyable sometimes to forget being civilized and revert to our animal roots. I also enjoy tearing and hacking into a hunk of meat with my bare hands like a caveman, ripping into it, letting it all dribble down my chin, snorting, grunting and savouring every delicious bite fast and wild, as if I have to finish it before any other predators or men come along to steal if off me. When nobody is watching of course, lol.

MILLA!!! Oh my GOD Milla you are so fine.