I hope your all eating organic meat

deep freezers are cheap, you can pick up one at your local applicance store for less than 300 bucks. they are a very worthwile investment.

Don’t touch that Ozzie beef, have you seen how dry Australia is?

Who wants to eat a cow raised on brown grass?

Kiwi beef all the way!

I agree with Coach Clarke, if you have th freezer space 4-H is the way to go. My son is starting next fall, we’ll start with chickens and maybe a goat. In a few years we’ll go for the calf.

The guy who runs the local feed store grows his own cows. Hormone free, grass fed, grain finished, free range mooers. He takes two a month in to the butcher, they age for 3 weeks then get packaged up and frozen. Best steaks and lean hamburger you can buy, and it doesn’t cost any more then the supermarket.

“they age for 3 weeks then get packaged up and frozen.”

I’ll be the first to admit that I know nothing about beef, but did I read this correctly? Is the meat deliberately aged after slaughter? That would seem somewhat counterintuitive, to me at least.

yep i love eating out on kiwi cows
oh and new zealand beef is quite good too,
go us!

leave it to the french to do something like that.

Yes and a bit of white sauce makes the sheep taste beter too :wink:
If these rumoured “healthy doses” of hormones can be afforded by the farmers then it begs the question; why are our roids so expensive, not that I know. Seems like a lot of money to spend. Are there quality issues there too.