I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell

By Tucker Max.

I’m not even halfway through this book and its a fucking riot.

Basically, this guy wrote down certain stories throughout his college (and after) years and compiled them into a book.

He’s a total asshole, and knows it. Basically, he’s happy he’s an asshole and acts like it, but his stories are still funny.

Has anyone else read it? To those who havent, I suggest you do.

Yeah I love that book. I like the one about the girl who forgot she had a tampon in while they were fucking.(sorry if I spoiled this one)

His stories on his website were funny - but I have a hard time believing all of them (and yes, I know about the Miss Vermont lawsuit - I also know someone who corroborated at least one of his stories from when he was a summer associate. I still don’t buy all of it…).

I read alot of his stories online too. I think more people should be like him, i admire his honesty. plus he is fucken hilarious.

I read it and laughed. But, as with most stories I hear, I took it with a grain of salt.

You’ll like him, Irish.

just read the butt sex story. sounds like complete made up bullshit to me. I know a guy who makes up stories like that all the time. maybe he should start a website.

so what if makes them up ? he’s funny… like all stories they probably start with some truth and get polished over time.

[quote]swivel wrote:
so what if makes them up ? he’s funny… like all stories they probably start with some truth and get polished over time. [/quote]

Because they’re only funny if they’re true. Otherwise they’re just stupid.

I’m not a fan of him. He’s a big pric who thinks who the fuck he is… he always reminds me of a spoiled little prep/frat boy.

You want a good young writer, go with Dave Eggers. writes fuckin circles around “Tucker” (even the name is queer).

The Butt Sex story, I’m certain I’ve read that some where else except it was written slightly different.

Any other good books in the same vein as Tucker Max? Loves the book and don’t want to wait for his new book with Maddox coming out.

“…those military guys sure do use some creative insults. I didn’t even know I had a “cock holster” or a “man pleaser”.”

Good book.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
swivel wrote:
so what if makes them up ? he’s funny… like all stories they probably start with some truth and get polished over time.

Because they’re only funny if they’re true. Otherwise they’re just stupid.

I’m not a fan of him. He’s a big pric who thinks who the fuck he is… he always reminds me of a spoiled little prep/frat boy.

You want a good young writer, go with Dave Eggers. writes fuckin circles around “Tucker” (even the name is queer).[/quote]

well, no his book isn’t worth paying for and none of his stories are even worth a single re-read, so i agree he’s no writer. he’s still funny though.

“I think more people should be like him”

Are you high or something?
I read some of “his stories” and I can only shrug with my shoulders. Anyone who thinks that this guy has had an interesting life is probably a dumb child.
In his stories, he drinks, vomits and fucks-pretty impressive. Sounds like Balbos to me, minus the hooliganism. Or Kliplemet. Must I say more?

It seems to help to be cool these days if you treat women like shit.

Don’t take me wrong, Bukowski, for example was a great man and writer, but these are mere amteurs.

got the book as a gift but just stick to his website IMHO. enough stories there.

very funny guy though…

While some of the stories are worth a laugh or two, the guy is a complete douche and not a very good writer.

Take the comic value out of the stories and just look at the guy for what he is, a selfish prick.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
“I think more people should be like him”

Are you high or something?
I read some of “his stories” and I can only shrug with my shoulders. Anyone who thinks that this guy has had an interesting life is probably a dumb child.
In his stories, he drinks, vomits and fucks-pretty impressive. Sounds like Balbos to me, minus the hooliganism. Or Kliplemet. Must I say more?

It seems to help to be cool these days if you treat women like shit.

Don’t take me wrong, Bukowski, for example was a great man and writer, but these are mere amteurs.[/quote]

Agreed. Like I said, rich little prep boy antics.

Prep frat boy punk or not, he writes about some funny shit. I don’t know if it’s all true or not, but I have better things to worry about as to whether or not they’re true. The visuals you get are what make the book. Truth to all the stories or not, I get my laugh and go on with my life.

Aaron Karo did this all first, and in my opinion, better. His accounts of college life are less outrageous but much more relateable.

I’m honestly surprised that there are a lot of people out there who find this guy hilarious.

I like Maddox’s stuff, but this guy’s writing is just stupid.