I Hit a Deer This Afternoon.

[quote]conorh wrote:
battlelust wrote:
rich44 wrote:
Did you atleast put the deer in the bed of the truck to butcher? They are good eatin and full of protien. :wink:

I was thinking the same thing. Car death is just as good as gun or bow death. Mmmmmm…Venison jerky…

Now, I don’t want to make any remarks that may incriminate me and my Ozarks heritage, but I can attest that gun or bow death makes a HUGE difference. Something about getting whacked with a big slow hunk of metal makes something go funky in the carcass. Possibly bursting one of the many “stink bags”, to use functional anatomy.

Just a fair warning…[/quote]

That all depends on the damage done to the deer and how quickly you can field dress the deer. If you leave all that blood inside of it for too long, forget it.

Did I mention my brother hit a 250 lb deer this last week? No joke, I swear it was a horse but it wasn’t. We are gonna have some good eatins from it. :wink:
-T

[quote]Tank53 wrote:
conorh wrote:
battlelust wrote:
rich44 wrote:
Did you atleast put the deer in the bed of the truck to butcher? They are good eatin and full of protien. :wink:

I was thinking the same thing. Car death is just as good as gun or bow death. Mmmmmm…Venison jerky…

Now, I don’t want to make any remarks that may incriminate me and my Ozarks heritage, but I can attest that gun or bow death makes a HUGE difference. Something about getting whacked with a big slow hunk of metal makes something go funky in the carcass. Possibly bursting one of the many “stink bags”, to use functional anatomy.

Just a fair warning…

That all depends on the damage done to the deer and how quickly you can field dress the deer. If you leave all that blood inside of it for too long, forget it.

Did I mention my brother hit a 250 lb deer this last week? No joke, I swear it was a horse but it wasn’t. We are gonna have some good eatins from it. :wink:
-T

[/quote]

What did he hit it in? Sounds huge.

[quote]Aeon Infinitus wrote:

What did he hit it in? Sounds huge.[/quote]

Well, it hit him. From the sound of it, it could have almost flipped his car. Hit his Saturn and survived, if that isnt a miracle enough. From the looks of it, the deer hit the front fender and then flipped and slide across the hood. Surprisingly little damage and probably is about $1500 total damage.

And talk about a big deer. Geez. We couldnt even get it off the ground for gutting. Good times.
-T

I’ve hit a small deer and been hit by a larger deer.

Luckily, both times it did superficial damage.

When I got hit by the deer it left two heathy sized dents in the passenger side of the car. The first dent was on the rear door and the second was on the rear quarter. It was a beater of a Cavalier, so I didn’t even get the dents fixed.

I had had a couple of pops after work, so I didn’t stop driving until I got home that evening.

When I hit the deer I was driving on an interstate, had just looked down to turn the radio from CD to FM, and when I looked up there were about 3 deer standing in the middle of the road.

Luckily, I hit a small deer and all it did was knock my right headlight loose and dented the hood slightly. The damage was so minor that I fixed it myself with some help from my father-in-law.

A guy in a pickup truck saw what happened and asked if he could take the deer.

Thankfully the neither my wife nor I were hurt.