T Nation

I Have.....

I eat anything I want and for some reason I dont gain or lose weight.

This may be because I work out, or because Im not eating completely healthy foods.

But I’ve been noticing something strange about my abs. If I flex the muscles down there I can see a hard outline of a 6 pack. How does this happen if I dont eat right or nessacarly excercise that section of my body?

Everybody has abdominal muscles…

you have a high metabolism. so you are a lucky bastard but also probably a skinny bastard too.

Yeah, I figured it had something to do with that.

Will a high metabolism affect my weight lifting negatively?

[quote]All4MyGirl wrote:
Yeah, I figured it had something to do with that.

Will a high metabolism affect my weight lifting negatively?[/quote]

No depend on your goals want to gain eat more, and yes you can eat enough it may be hard work but you just have to do it.

Phill

having a high metabolism isnt negative. it just means you can eat loads without worrying about putting fat on. like i said, you are a lucky bastard. you can stay lean and mean without problems

Really?
So if I start doing 500 situps every day like I did when I was 12 I could see results pretty fast eh?

You weigh 100 pounds, you’re not going to have to do much to see the outline of your abs. But no, just doing sit-ups isn’t going to give you great results, you’re going to have to do a more elaborate ab workout

[quote]All4MyGirl wrote:
Really?
So if I start doing 500 situps every day like I did when I was 12 I could see results pretty fast eh?

[/quote]

Your not going to gain much muscle doing 200 push ups and 500 sit ups a day even if you eat 5000 cals every day. You’ll get muscle endurance but not much size.

Yeah someone asked me what kind of results I seen… there was none… other then I could do 40 more pushups then I use to be able to do, and thats what the plan was intended to do.

Log what you eat. Your not eating as much as you think you are, <<that should really be put in “strong words”<< The weight gain can be done, I gained 8lbs in May so, eat everything in site.

[quote]All4MyGirl wrote:
Really?

[/quote]

No, doing situps will just make your abdominals bigger, while this can improve their look b/c you can see them more visibly through fat, losing bodyfat is the best way to make your abs bigger. But being skinny, that is not the best way to go. You should worry about gaining size and muscle.

[quote]MuscleBear wrote:
having a high metabolism isnt negative. it just means you can eat loads without worrying about putting fat on. like i said, you are a lucky bastard. you can stay lean and mean without problems[/quote]

It also means he has to eat like an animal just to see any muscle gains. How are you lucky if you know that b/c of your metabolism, you could very easily stay a lil over 100 pounds for the rest of your life?

It happens because you weigh less than most supermodels and are still growing.

Hundreds of sit-ups isn’t going to give you anything but more endurance. They may make your abdominals somewhat bigger, but at a much, much, much slower rate than heavy weighted ab exercises (in range of 8-12 reps each set).

Anyway, you need to gain about 80 lb of muscle. Look up Big Boy Basics from this site and start that program. When you’re done, start Total Body Training by Chad Waterbury. When you’re done with that, start Anti-Bodybuilding Hypertrophy program. After that, pick a program you are interested in and rock on.

People still do situps? Damn.

[quote]All4MyGirl wrote:
I eat anything I want and for some reason I dont gain or lose weight.[/quote]

Like some others have mentioned, you’re just not eating enough consistently to gain weight. I know you can eat whatever you want, but I doubt you do so 14 days in a row, non-stop. I reckon that some days, you might wake up late, grab a piece of toast on the ride to school, have something for lunch at school, nosh on whatever was made for dinner, and go to sleep…and that’s it.

Other days, you can probably knock back a big bowl of cereal for breakfast, a candy bar before lunch, a ginormous lunch in the cafeteria…and half of your buddie’s fries, a Super Big Gulp and chips on the way home, popcorn before dinner, a pb&j sammich after dinner, and then fall asleep with an empty ice cream bowl on your chest in bed.

It’s all about the consistency of your calorie intake. You wanna gain weight? Eats lots of food…often.

It happens because you haven’t clouded the natural muscle you were born with, with a layer of bodyfat. Enjoy it while you can, brother-man. Somebody’s sure to kick me in the teeth for bringing it up, but just for perspective, half the reason Bruce Lee was so ripped was because he was so freaking skinny. It’s relatively easy to have a 6-pack when you’re a skinnier guy. Dudes with more meat on their bones have to work a bit harder to get that same shredded look.

I’ll put what others have said in another way: you simply have to eat more than you’d ever “want”. To make any gains I have to eat 6 times a day plus drink 3-4 liters of milk.

squats and milk!