Destrength Has Awful Priority Management (road to 405 pound jerk)

Beast.

tweet

2 Likes

He is a bit.

Not quite, but I am getting there.

When I can start making teams I’ll call myself a beast.

Thanks though, Birdie and Mark.

2 Likes

Week 1 day 4

General warm up then

power snatches
95X3
95X3
115X2
140X2 for 5 sets

mid thigh hang cleans and power jerks
115X1+1
115X1+1
135X1+1
165X1+1
185X(1+1)2

clean pulls
185X3
225X3
240X3
255X3
225X3

push presses
115X2
140X1
165X1
185X3
190X3
195X3
200X3
205X3

PJR extensions and drag curls
95X13+8
95X8+5
95X8+5
95X6+4

The hang cleans felt really, really good. The power jerks got better as time went on, and I feel like things I was addressing in the power jerk will help my split jerk.

1 Like

Day 5 week 1

AM:
Snatches
45X3
95X3
115X2
135X1
155X1
175X1
195X0
185X1

Didn’t have breakfast/the bar was really stiff, I was getting it to chest height but wasn’t pulling down underneath it. Arms probably early pulling

cleans (was running low on time and didn’t feel like jerking)
145X2
195X2
215X1
235X1
255X0, same deal couldn’t get underneath it

PM

rack jerks
45Xa bunch
95X2
135X2
185X2
225X1
255X1
275X1 really easy, first time I hit 275 was death/probably didn’t count
295X0 nope, got it in position behind my head and high enough, but my body froze and didn’t split underneath it
285X1 10 pound PR, and was really tight and solid. Had someone record it for me, will be uploading when I check my phone

squats
135X3
225X3
315X3
365X2
405X2
425X1, was a nice crisp rep for a daily max/heavy single, will build onto this

neutral grip two arm up one arm down pull ups
bwX4 R
bwX4L
bwX3R
bwX3L

feet to bar
5X5
5X4
5X3

Just another day. I woke up really late so I didn’t eat breakfast, so I was suffering during my AM session/perhaps a tad during my PM session.

I am considering doing a modified hepburn type thing for one of my assistance lifts sometime.

1 Like

What’s your price range? The only jeans I’ve ever found for cheap that I could get into were cowboy cut wranglers at walmart. The waist is at/above one’s belly button

$50 or below. I wear levi right now, and have been for years (really good brand aside from the jeans being cut sometimes inconsistently). I think I’ve worn wranglers before, and I hated them. They’re too stiff, and are too restrictive. That, and I don’t really like the color they normally come in.

They are very uncomfortable, but they hold up to work and women compliment my backside.

Have you tried the Levi commuter line? Super comfy, but might be a bit too much of the skinny jeans look for you. Mine are close to qualifying for indecent exposure lol

2 Likes

I have two pairs of jeans. I wear a pair about once every six weeks to two months. Don’t see the point of not being comfortable so I wear training shirts and shorts most of the time.

1 Like

It helps with you being married/engaged (I think you are one of those…)! I think I am going to get some sweats, or something so that I don’t look like a bum when I don’t feel like wearing jeans in the fall/winter.

@brady888: Comfort is nice, and I don’t really wear jeans anywhere they need to be tough. I’ll try the commuter line. Their relaxed fit stuff fits on me like skinny jeans though, so I am not sure if they’ll be worse or better.

1 Like

You’re probably right, although I’m lucky my fiancee doesn’t mind me walking around in gym clothes most of the time especially since she dresses really nicely.

1 Like

Thank god, I thought I was the only one. Of course it helps that I’m currently a student who is expected to dress like a bum. Not sure what’s going to happen when I hit the work force.

In the interests of not hijacking Destrength’s log, I’ll comment on his training. Thing is, Birdie took the phrase right out of my mouth.

BEAST

Nah seriously though, you’re doing awesome work in here. Keep it up my friend

2 Likes

Supposedly some women like that look, but… I really, really doubt that. I am going to assume it’s a myth until I see one of these supposed women that like it.

Also for my log:

I need a 405 pound jerk this year. It’s not a want, it’s a need that I am going to fulfill. After I finish this heavy cycle and do my GPP cycle/get to a point that I don’t constantly feel like I’ve been in a car accident I am going to start a hepburn type programming for power jerks (like I am programming for my push press). Start out at something like 215X2 that I can do for 5 sets (or should), and do 215X2, 220X2, 225X2, 230X2, 235X2 then work towards 235X2 for 5 sets each week, and taper off the sets and increase the weight during my heavy cycle and hit 275X2. It will put me in a good position to jerk some really heavy weights for normal jerks, and if it is successful I am going to consider incorporating it again later.

2 Likes

Thanks, man. I still have light years to go though.

I think mine tolerates it because I scrub up quite well when I have to. I myself am doubtful that anyone likes that look who isn’t wearing it.

1 Like

That is certainly a good skill, and it can be really easy depending on the event. Putting on a well fitting suit is an easy one for example. I have a nice suit, but I have literally no clothing for semi-formal things. I think I am going to get a dress shirt or two in my neck size tailored so that it doesn’t look awful on me.

1 Like

Am I the only one thats gets around wearing a adidas tracksuit?

tweet

1 Like

Thought you were Ozzy, not Russian?

2 Likes

I’m 31 1/2 inches around the waist and 26 around my upper thigh. If you’re close to that ratio you probably won’t like the fit. They feel like pajama pants though, incredibly comfortable.

I’m pretty sure it’s more about how you look rather than the clothes. You put someone like…

into anything, he’ll still probably look good.

2 Likes