I Have the Worst Biceps. Help

[quote]nudecyberdude wrote:

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
OP, I’m gonna say the main problem is that you just need to get stronger. And for heaven’s sake, use elbow sleeves and stop doing skullcrushers…I thought it was common knowledge that they’re rough on almost everybody’s elbows, so I’m not sure why you’re doing them AFTER acknowledging your elbows aren’t the best.

I get it, you’re a tall-ish guy…but at 250 lbs, with your numbers, you shouldn’t really expect to look impressive. Just being honest with you. Having said that, pick 2-3 MAIN exercises for arms that you feel the best without joint pain, and focus on getting stronger at those over the next year. [/quote]

Yes, well beginning at 6’3 and 190, I find where I’m at impressive. I am out of the n00b gains period, so the 2 exercise beginner workout has run it’s course.[/quote]

I didn’t say 2 exercises for a workout, I said 2-3 exercises to focus on. That doesn’t mean you don’t do anything else. The rest of your workouts would be considered auxiliary work, accessory work, whatever you wanna label it. It’s secondary. You can’t make everything your primary focus at once.

hello man i have the same problem.
(i am sorry for language but i am french )
This is what we call a short biceps

If you’re in this situation, you will have to work the brachialis and the brachioradialis to visually fill the hole between your biceps and your forearms.

To do this, then it should focus on exercises such as reverse curl, the curl at the desk …

The program set up twice a week can be:

Monday: Focus on the brachialis
Curl lying to the high pulley
Hammer curl across

Thursday: Focus on the brachioradialis
reverse Curl
hammer Curl

A good stimulator for biceps is CT’s mechanical drop sets. You’re only supposed to do them every now and again because they are so brutal, but they definitely work.

I have a hard time with biceps peak too, they tend to grow inward rather than out, so while they are decent size relative to my body they have very little peak, especially from the rear.

But as some have said, i got a set of fat gripz about 3 weeks ago and they fucking tear my biceps up. Hopefully we will see some good progress with these soon.

At risk of stating the obvious, all these techniques and exercises and workouts are great, but the key is just going to be making them bigger and bigger over time. They will probably never look as good as you want them. I really do feel your pain… subpar arm genetics have been the focus of my training for the past several years. If it’s important to you, prioritize your arms in your programming and hammer away.

Once they’ve reached a decent size, getting them ( and yourself) really lean is going to be your best bet to being happy with how they look. That’s been my experience, anyways… Still have a long way to go though.

Haven’t read the thread but make sure you hit the brachiialis.

They not only sits in front of the biceps but run under. As they get bigger, they can sort of “puff up” your biceps. Like a car jack kinda.

Good advice from everyone.

But if your genes won’t allow high peaks, just grow your arms as big as possible.

Kevin Levrone had relatively poor peaks, but had tremendous arms otherwise… so much so that no one really noticed his “lacking” peaks.

skullcrushers/pjr pullovers destroyed my elbows. with that being said i was reading a post by C_C about deadstop off of the floor pjr pullovers/skull crushers and they dont hurt my elbows since the range of motion is limited but they still give great feel and pump.

it’s simple you grab the EZ curl bar load it up with 10s or whatever and do them dead stop off of the floor behind your head while lying on the ground

Frequency work for you biceps…

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]nudecyberdude wrote:
EZ-Cirl skull crushers with a 45 each side is about all I can handle.
[/quote]

One thing I’ve heard time and time again from guys like Stu, is some movements just don’t agree with/your joints. Ditch the skullcrushers, they bother a lot of peoples elbows and it’s not like there arent any replacements… Sorry no bicep advice except maybe try a “Specialization” phase hitting them 3x w/ different rep ranges each session. [/quote]

I second this. I have never been able to do any kind of heavy overhead extension or skullcrusher comfortably due to my shoulders. however, pushdowns feel ok, so I learned how to activate different parts of my triceps with that one movement.

what do your arm sessions look like OP?[/quote]
thats pretty interesting…
I on the other hand gain tend to believe that skullcrashers is the best exercise for me…I did cg bench and i use too much front delts and a bit of chest there and not too much tricep work.However skullcrasers really isolate my tris .Try getting the bar behind your head though or you may get elbow pain.