T Nation

I Have Lost All Motivation...

I made all my goals, which is great! I’m not complaining about that. it just seems like the only reason i was pushing my self so far was to attain my goal!

Well any how, the main reason i am posting:
I gained 8lbs of lean mass
I lost 2.5%BF which put me down to 13.5
I can see my abs now.
I weigh 160lbs
And over all stronger with my “transformation”

Now, with that said do you guys have any goal ideas that would help me get to a desired point.
Maybe an 8 of 12 week program.

Thanks in advance guys!

For starters, try getting your bodyfat down to a single digit, without losing strength/muscle mass.

You could easily do that in 8-12 weeks.

How tall are you?..

…don’t you want a more lean mass than 160 pounds?

Holy hell. There’s one born every minute…

I hope this was a joke.

[quote]Hankey wrote:
For starters, try getting your bodyfat down to a single digit, without losing strength/muscle mass.

You could easily do that in 8-12 weeks.[/quote]

Then set new goals

You’ve been training 3 fucking months.

i just want to hit you. i might need to stop coming to this site, the posts have just been getting more and more frustrating to read lately.

[quote]mthomps wrote:
How tall are you?..

…don’t you want a more lean mass than 160 pounds?[/quote]

Im 5ft 8". and more mass would be great
but isn’t that the “motivation for everyone”

Asking other people to help you pick a goal is a sure sign whatever you settle on, if anything, is meaningless.

You are short changing yourself on a monumental level pal. 8 lbs? I have a feeling you’re pretty young. You could probably gain 80 lbs if you could see past 8 to 12 weeks from now. Like 8 to 12 years. Your profile says you’ve been training for 3 months and it shows, no offense. 3 months and 8 pounds is an experiment, not a goal. Get those sights up out of the dirt.

To paraphrase the inimitable Jim Wendler “If you don’t want to put on muscle… then fuck off”.

LiveFromThe781, i came here for advice. not criticism, if you do not like the “idiots” here, you could just not comment? or read.

any who, I’m not here to to bash on anyone.
i have been “working out” for longer than 3 months. that is just the time i have been kicking my ass at the gym. so in my head that is the only thing that constitutes as “years” training.

Tiribulus, thanks for your input. i just know that it is easier for me to set short term goals, still with big progress in the future. Maybe i just need to sit down and tell my self. “hey, in thirty days i want 4 more lbs.”

How about this for a goal:

“When grown men get off the pavement as i am so huge”

There you go now THATS a goal !
Well its mine anyway !

I understand that you may not have the same goals, but this is a bodybuilding site of which the premise is to gain as much asthetically pleasing mass as possible…160 lbs is not much at all.

[quote]The sofa king wrote:
<<< Tiribulus, thanks for your input. i just know that it is easier for me to set short term goals, still with big progress in the future. Maybe i just need to sit down and tell my self. “hey, in thirty days i want 4 more lbs.”[/quote]

Try and objectify this conversation for a minute, meaning you are reading this from somebody else.

A guy starts a thread titled “I’ve lost all motivation”

He says he’s been training seriously for 3 months and has gained 8 pounds.

He is asking other people to tell him what goal to set next, even though the thread declares his non existent motivation.

When asked if he wants more mass he says that would be nice, but everybody’s goals’ aren’t the same (what does that mean?)

He then says MAYBE 4 more pounds in a month, though big progress is in the future and that with no motivation.

What would you think if you were reading somebody else saying all this. Would you perhaps come to the conclusion that no conclusion is possible because this person is mentally going in about 5 directions at once?

That’s great kid, take that fucking bullshit mentality to bb.com, you’ll find lots of friends there.

[quote]The sofa king wrote:
LiveFromThe781, i came here for advice. not criticism, if you do not like the “idiots” here, you could just not comment? or read.

any who, I’m not here to to bash on anyone.
i have been “working out” for longer than 3 months. that is just the time i have been kicking my ass at the gym. so in my head that is the only thing that constitutes as “years” training.

Tiribulus, thanks for your input. i just know that it is easier for me to set short term goals, still with big progress in the future. Maybe i just need to sit down and tell my self. “hey, in thirty days i want 4 more lbs.”[/quote]

You still need a long-term goal…
Since you apparently don’t want to get big, what else do you want, exactly?
Btw, 4 lbs in 30 days for a total beginner (no offense!) seems kinda insignificant…
If you want a short term goal, you could really shoot a little higher, provided you get diet, rest and progress (weight increase for reps) right.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
The sofa king wrote:
<<< Tiribulus, thanks for your input. i just know that it is easier for me to set short term goals, still with big progress in the future. Maybe i just need to sit down and tell my self. “hey, in thirty days i want 4 more lbs.”

Try and objectify this conversation for a minute, meaning you are reading this from somebody else.

A guy starts a thread titled “I’ve lost all motivation”

He says he’s been training seriously for 3 months and has gained 8 pounds.

He is asking other people to tell him what goal to set next, even though the thread declares his non existent motivation.

When asked if he wants more mass he says that would be nice, but everybody’s goals’ aren’t the same (what does that mean?)

He then says MAYBE 4 more pounds in a month, though big progress is in the future and that with no motivation.

What would you think if you were reading somebody else saying all this. Would you perhaps come to the conclusion that no conclusion is possible because this person is mentally going in about 5 directions at once?[/quote]

Not that I want to sound like an asshole, but “mentally going nowhere” seems more appropriate…