I Have an Eating Disorder

Well i don’t think i have an eating disorder and i’d say most of you would agree but did anyone catch the article on yahoo about the two new eating disorders?

* Orthorexics: Those affected may start by eliminating processed foods, anything with artificial colorings or flavorings as well as foods that have come into contact with pesticides. Beyond that, orthorexics may also shun caffeine, alcohol, sugar, salt, wheat and dairy foods. Some limit themselves to raw foods.

does anyone see a problem with cutting all that? I’m sure i’m not the only one that sees cutting processed food as a good thing.

I think that article is fucking retarded but I’m not surprised if people with healthy eating habits get labeled with a disorder. Its to be expected in Fatica, land of fat slobs and home of dumb fucks.

‘eating disorder’ is a vague term as a lot of ‘eating disorders’ aren’t necessarily bad for you (it is just not anorexia and bulimia etc). Maybe ‘eating practice’ is a better word for it.

You know how to cure an eating disorder, right?

Squats and milk, motherfucker. Squats and milk.

[quote]boldar wrote:
Well i don’t think i have an eating disorder and i’d say most of you would agree but did anyone catch the article on yahoo about the two new eating disorders?

* Orthorexics: Those affected may start by eliminating processed foods, anything with artificial colorings or flavorings as well as foods that have come into contact with pesticides. Beyond that, orthorexics may also shun caffeine, alcohol, sugar, salt, wheat and dairy foods. Some limit themselves to raw foods.

does anyone see a problem with cutting all that? I’m sure i’m not the only one that sees cutting processed food as a good thing.

[/quote]

Just in time for TC’s most recent and excellent article. And yes, by those standards I have an eating disorder and I’M FINE WITH IT.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
You know how to cure an eating disorder, right?

Squats and milk, motherfucker. Squats and milk.[/quote]

By milk you mean some highly processed soy milk…right? right? everyone knows squats are bad for the knee’s and cow milk will kill you…wait???

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]boldar wrote:

[/quote]

Just in time for TC’s most recent and excellent article. And yes, by those standards I have an eating disorder and I’M FINE WITH IT.

[/quote]

I’m having deja vu.

This exact thread has already taken place…

^^ Are you talking about the one with the video of that really skinny guy talking about his food?

Yeah, orthoexia is not referring to people who lift weights and try to eat clean…they mean the really far gone types who not only eat healthy food, but must eat the exactly right healthy food. Like you may say you eat almonds…and they’d scoff and say you’re eating the wrong ones because yours are full of chemicals.

[quote]Nards wrote:
^^ Are you talking about the one with the video of that really skinny guy talking about his food?

Yeah, orthoexia is not referring to people who lift weights and try to eat clean…they mean the really far gone types who not only eat healthy food, but must eat the exactly right healthy food. Like you may say you eat almonds…and they’d scoff and say you’re eating the wrong ones because yours are full of chemicals.[/quote]

This. It’s an extreme - it’s not just about eating like a bodybuilder. It’s a condition that can manifest serious problems - not just eating like most folks on this site do…

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

Yeah, orthoexia is not referring to people who lift weights and try to eat clean…they mean the really far gone types who not only eat healthy food, but must eat the exactly right healthy food. Like you may say you eat almonds…and they’d scoff and say you’re eating the wrong ones because yours are full of chemicals.[/quote]

This. It’s an extreme - it’s not just about eating like a bodybuilder. It’s a condition that can manifest serious problems - not just eating like most folks on this site do… [/quote]

Douchebag hipster + vegetarian = orthoexia

Is the World health Organization or the American Psychiatric Association seriously considering including this in the next edition of the ICD index or the DSM?

Thought not.

If you are obsessed about eating healthy to the point where it becomes unhealthy via nutrient deficiencies and extreme weight loss, then how is that not an eating disorder?

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

This. It’s an extreme - it’s not just about eating like a bodybuilder. It’s a condition that can manifest serious problems - not just eating like most folks on this site do… [/quote]

Douchebag hipster + vegetarian = orthoexia [/quote]

“yo bro, what store did you get your almonds from?”
“UGH, im not even gonna bother. Youve probably never heard of it anyway”

[quote]Johnny T Frisk wrote:
I think that article is fucking retarded but I’m not surprised if people with healthy eating habits get labeled with a disorder. Its to be expected in Fatica, land of fat slobs and home of dumb fucks.[/quote]

Genuinely the funniest post I have ever read on T-Nation.Thank you.

[quote]wigsa wrote:

I think that article is fucking retarded but I’m not surprised if people with healthy eating habits get labeled with a disorder. Its to be expected in Fatica, land of fat slobs and home of dumb fucks.[/quote]

Genuinely the funniest post I have ever read on T-Nation.Thank you.[/quote]

you must not read very much

Fun Fact the only people who don’t have a eating disorders are Fat people.

First off I admit I only read the first few posts and jumped to the bottom. Anyway…
I’ll post this definition one more time so emphasize my point…

• Orthorexics: Those affected may start by eliminating processed foods, anything with artificial colorings or flavorings as well as foods that have come into contact with pesticides. Beyond that, orthorexics may also shun caffeine, alcohol, sugar, salt, wheat and dairy foods. Some limit themselves to raw foods.

According to yahoo news, cutting out unhealthy things such as pesticides, alcohol, sugar, salt, etc is now officially classified as an eating disorder. America has become so unhealthy that a completely clean, although slightly drastic I admit, diet is now considered a freaking Eating Disorder. wow. just, wow.

Wow. Professor X much?

I can’t be on board with this disorder being a hiptster thing.

You wouldn’t catch them dead without a can of Pabst nearby. Take my dog for example. She eats verly cleanly yet, as you can see, will not give up the Pabst.

[quote]postholedigger wrote:

Wow. Professor X much?[/quote]

You both have downs.