I Have a Plan To Destroy America

[quote]StevenF wrote:
I have a plan too, its called voting for Bush. [/quote]

Ha ha…I love it! He’s President and there is not a dang thing you can do about it :slight_smile:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
StevenF wrote:
I have a plan too, its called voting for Bush.

Ha ha…I love it! He’s President and there is not a dang thing you can do about it :)[/quote]

And that’s the beauty of it!

Speak english or die!!!

in all seriousness immigration needs to be handled way better and people like vincente fox don’t make the situation better. If we need walls from San Diego to the gulf of Mexico so be it. But we also need the gardeners,agricultural pickers,janitors fast food employess etc etc. I don’t see any common white folk (except for maybe the midwest) doing these labors, but i do see 99% of the work from those people are from south of the border. And i wonder how many of them are illegals???

“Only a fool bets against the United States of America.”
— J.P. Morgan

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

[quote]futuredave wrote:
The problem is, as I understand it, businesses get such cheap labor that the politicians are never going to stop it.[/quote]

That’s a big part of the problem. As long as enough people profit from the problem, they’ll be little incentive to do anything about it.

So what’s the solution if no state will pass laws to punish businesses that profit from illegals?

An alternative to a law forbidding businesses from hiring illegals would be a law that forces them to give them equal pay and benefits. That would prevent having millions of illegals rioting in the streets and would effectively remove any incentive a business has of hiring illegals.

[quote]vroom wrote:
The sky is falling, the sky is falling![/quote]

Ontario is currently considering allowing Sharia Law tribunals for its Muslim citizens.

Instead of cracking jokes, you might want to get involved with the situation happening in your own back yard, maybe by writing your local representative and letting them know you don’t want Sharia law to make some of your compatriots into second class citizens.

Pookie, unless they have reconsidered their decision, it was already decided not to go ahead with this Sharia Law, which was to be available on a consensual basis for arbitration of issues not falling under criminal law.

So, if I wished to discuss this seriously, perhaps I’d suggest we should stop being bilingual and just absorb Quebec into the rest of Canada whether it likes it or not…

Alternately, in Canada, I’d suggest we finally do teach everyone both English and French, which was sadly lacking during my schooling days.

Also, seriously, I do somewhat ascribe to the fact that there is one planet, so if we could get rid of fanatics, then things would be pretty good.

If Canada treats Quebec and its citizens like crap, then we’d get fanatics. If the US takes the wrong extreme measures against the millions of immigrants already present, they may get fanatics.

So, seriously, the sky has already fallen. Step carefully.

You can’t force everyone to be the same, and have the freedoms espoused by the founders of the country and you can’t let everyone be different and not end up with a fractioned populace.

You’d better learn to deal with this schism, because it isn’t going away, whether or not immigration is finally solved.

Hahaha, zebbie and the rest of the shrub accolytes need to go back and edit their posts.

Dick Lamm is a liberal Democrat, therefore he is wrong about this and everything else.

Dick Lamm sounds like what the shepherd does on those lonely nights.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Pookie, unless they have reconsidered their decision, it was already decided not to go ahead with this Sharia Law, which was to be available on a consensual basis for arbitration of issues not falling under criminal law.[/quote]

Their where still showing protests on the news a few days ago, so I don’t think the decision is final yet.

A lot of issues do not fall under criminal law. Having two different set of rules for citizens according to their origins or beliefs is not how things are done here. Our lives are governed by secular laws, not religious ones.

Well I could suggest that you’ve been attempting that for nearly 350 years now with no success at all. And don’t make me laugh about Canada being bilingual in anything but name…

Funny, my english turned out ok. You were saying something about Canada being a bilingual country…?

We’d need to get rid of the cause for fanaticism first.

It’s pretty apparent to everyone that English Canada and Quebec are two nations forced to be a country together. I just think I’d be a whole lot easier to simply drop the charade and each do as we will as far as laws and political institutions go.

You can’t force everyone to be the same, but you’ve got to have some boundaries. Basic human rights and civil law are the basis of this country (one thing both Canada and Quebec agree on), and we should draw the line at any group wishing to operate outside those guidelines.

Until they immigrate in sufficient numbers to become the majority and overturn the laws, I suggest they obey them or stay abroad.

[quote]reddog6376 wrote:
(First) ;"Turn America into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bi-cultural country. History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual.

“The historical scholar Seymour Lipset put it this way: ‘The histories of bilingual and bi-cultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension, and tragedy.’ Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, Lebanon all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons, and Corsicans.”
[/quote]

Don’t look now!..

ABC to Offer Primetime Shows in Spanish By LYNN ELBER, AP Television Writer
2 hours, 4 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - ABC viewers will get “Lost” in translation as part of a plan to make all the network’s primetime entertainment available in Spanish starting this season.

The move is an acknowledgment of the expanding U.S. Hispanic population and its potential as a source of viewers. Previously, " George Lopez" was the only ABC series that aired in both English- and Spanish-language versions.

“We wanted to move beyond toe-dipping and really dive in,” ABC entertainment chief Stephen McPherson said in a statement. “Almost half of the 41 million Hispanics in this country watch only or mostly Spanish-language television, and we want to bring that audience to ABC.”

ABC, using both dubbing and closed captioning, will be the first of the major English-language broadcasters to provide its full primetime entertainment lineup in Spanish. Most other networks offer few shows in the language.

The cost is “not inexpensive,” McPherson said in an interview Thursday, declining to provide a specific figure. But he said the return could be significant in terms of viewership.

“If you look at the performance of Spanish-language stations in a lot of the big (TV) markets, they’re doing very well. In some markets they’re beating the broadcast networks,” he said.

Hispanics are the fastest-growing minority in the United States and represent one-seventh of the population, according to a recent Census Bureau report.

“Desperate Housewives,” “Lost,” “George Lopez” and the new comedy “Freddie,” starring Freddie Prinze Jr., will be dubbed into Spanish, as will the network’s theatrical movie premieres and some specials. Casting has already begun for actors to voice the Spanish dialogue.

The rest of ABC’s primetime entertainment schedule, which debuts next week as the 2005-06 season officially begins, will be available with closed-captioned subtitles in Spanish, the network said.

In test screenings, the network found viewers receptive to ABC’s programs in Spanish. “A lot of people had not seen the shows because they were not English speaking but were TV watchers, and were enthralled with them and wanted more,” McPherson said.

McPherson said he wasn’t concerned about an immediate effect on Nielsen ratings.

“It’s more to get it out there and get a large audience watching it and I think the overall ratings will follow,” he said.

The subtitled versions will be on Closed Caption 3 channel (CC3), and the dubbed versions will be accessible through the SAP ? secondary audio program ? TV option.

ABC previously had aired major films in Spanish through SAP. This year, the network premieres scheduled to air with dubbing include “Catch Me if You Can,” “Pirates of the Caribbean” and “Finding Nemo.” The made-for-TV movie “Have No Fear: the Life of John Paul II” also will be dubbed into Spanish.

[quote]BigRJ wrote:
Speak english or die!!!

in all seriousness immigration needs to be handled way better and people like vincente fox don’t make the situation better. If we need walls from San Diego to the gulf of Mexico so be it. But we also need the gardeners,agricultural pickers,janitors fast food employess etc etc. I don’t see any common white folk (except for maybe the midwest) doing these labors, but i do see 99% of the work from those people are from south of the border. And i wonder how many of them are illegals???[/quote]

It is funny because here in PA we have tons of white landscapers doing all that. I wonder how we manage to get by without all the illegals…

RedDog,

Holy Crap, what B.S!!

Because it’s never been done before it can never be done in the future?

I wonder what your German, Irish, Italian, Russian, Norwegian, Swedish, Polish, Romanian, Hungarian grand parents and great-grand parents would say if they could read this trash?

So, as long as the people are white coming over we’re okay? Do you forget that it takes generations for people to assimilate to a culture–usually with their children and grand children?

We have a hard time because the people coming over don’t speak English. Neither did my great-grand parents, but my grand parents did, and my parents and I do. It probably took at least one generation to totally assimilate to the culture. I don’t think people who come here take longer than at least two generations to assimilate. People are scared because they think their predominately white, Anglo-Saxon European culture is in danger of being over run. I think you can still wave your Italian and Mexican and Swedish and Norwegian flags and still be American.

If you have a hard time with immigrants move out to the suburbs into a gated community where they don’t let them in except to clean their houses.

[quote]Todd S. wrote:
BigRJ wrote:
Speak english or die!!!

in all seriousness immigration needs to be handled way better and people like vincente fox don’t make the situation better. If we need walls from San Diego to the gulf of Mexico so be it. But we also need the gardeners,agricultural pickers,janitors fast food employess etc etc. I don’t see any common white folk (except for maybe the midwest) doing these labors, but i do see 99% of the work from those people are from south of the border. And i wonder how many of them are illegals???

It is funny because here in PA we have tons of white landscapers doing all that. I wonder how we manage to get by without all the illegals…

[/quote]

Todd is right.

The only major populations of Mexicans I see are the mushroom farmers in Coatesville, PA

They are all from the same area in southern Mexico and have come in specifically because they are experts in the field.

Other than that most laborers in this area are white.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
RedDog,

Holy Crap, what B.S!!

Because it’s never been done before it can never be done in the future?

I wonder what your German, Irish, Italian, Russian, Norwegian, Swedish, Polish, Romanian, Hungarian grand parents and great-grand parents would say if they could read this trash?

So, as long as the people are white coming over we’re okay? Do you forget that it takes generations for people to assimilate to a culture–usually with their children and grand children?

We have a hard time because the people coming over don’t speak English. Neither did my great-grand parents, but my grand parents did, and my parents and I do. It probably took at least one generation to totally assimilate to the culture. I don’t think people who come here take longer than at least two generations to assimilate. People are scared because they think their predominately white, Anglo-Saxon European culture is in danger of being over run. I think you can still wave your Italian and Mexican and Swedish and Norwegian flags and still be American.

If you have a hard time with immigrants move out to the suburbs into a gated community where they don’t let them in except to clean their houses.
[/quote]

First, my great grandparents (immigrants on both sides of the family) got pissed at their kids when they didn’t speak english. My grandmother refused to teach her kids any german, because “you’re Americans now”.

Second, I have nothing against legal immigration. That is what has made America what it is today. I do have a problem is illegal immigration, however.

Third, I could care less what nationality someone is. The problem has nothing to do with race. The problem is people who immigrate to America, then refuse to become Americans. “I’m an African-American”, “I’m an Irish-American”. Screw that, your an American, period. IMO, however, the problem would go away if our gov’t had any balls, and functioned only in english. If you can’t read or speak the language, hire your own translator, or stay home.

Lift, the point is our immigrant grandparents didn’t expect our government and society to change to fit them.

They had to speak english outside the home.

They kept aspects of their native culture while entering the melting pot.
It was often a painful process, but it was done.

The forces of multi-culturalism oppose the melting pot idea. They do not feel anyone needs to go through the process of assimilating.

Wow, great post. I bet the liberals are screaming on the inside as they read this, yet they really can’t argue the points. We, as a nation, do not have a strong identidy or sense of unity. There was a breif time after 9/11 when patriotism was cool, but it has slipped away. Individualism is the norm, and most people
don’t care much about things that don’t effect them up close and personal.
While I agree, one thing that makes this nation great is the fact that we draw from
so many cultures, we are all here and should celebrate our country.

[quote]reddog6376 wrote:
Third, I could care less what nationality someone is. The problem has nothing to do with race. The problem is people who immigrate to America, then refuse to become Americans. “I’m an African-American”, “I’m an Irish-American”. Screw that, your an American, period. IMO, however, the problem would go away if our gov’t had any balls, and functioned only in english. If you can’t read or speak the language, hire your own translator, or stay home.

[/quote]
Who is refusing to become an American and who has told you they don’t want to become an American after risking their life to get here? African-Americans weren’t really given a chance to decide what they wanted. And the Africans that do come over still distinguish them selves as their real nationality (Ugandan, Kenyan, etc.).

As far as the term “legal immigration” I think it’s B.S.–like the original immigrants to this country were ever legal. They raped and pilaged and took what they saw and pushed the original inhabitants into reservations where they wouldn’t have to look at them or deal with them. It’s hypocracy to the highest degree. Now we are being “raped and pillaged” and pushed out–frankly it’s karma at it’s finest–what goes around comes around.

For some good statistics and facts about immigration check out this site–it’s a non-profit that my wife works at here in the twin cities.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
ZEB wrote:
StevenF wrote:
I have a plan too, its called voting for Bush.

Ha ha…I love it! He’s President and there is not a dang thing you can do about it :slight_smile:

And that’s the beauty of it![/quote]

Fine. Could you do yourselves and the rest of the world a favor and vote for a republican with a functioning brain the next time? McCain?