I Have a Great Invention, Now How Do I Get Really Rich?

Well buddy first you’re going to have to patent the idea before you decide you want to start going into business. After you’ve settled all the legal shit and are sure you want to go further with this idea one of the best things you can do is use your network to try and attract some potentially interested parties in giving you capital or engaging in partnership. Entrepreneurship isn’t supposed to be hard, especially now with the internet. Look at the fricken time around the dot com bubble - herds of nerdy IT grads were starting up their own companies and getting pretty rich.

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]eremesu wrote:
So i thought up this product that i am sure will sell great, especialy round christmas. I cant tell you what is since the first two rules of capitalism is fuck everybody.
[/quote]

Also, if you say it on the internet it is no longer patentable. A few years ago I had an idea for an alarm clock that one would be hooked up to. It would chart the stages of sleep and only wake the user at an ideal time in the sleep cycle. Some muthafukah blogged suck an idea, mostly just as a passing thought, and ruined it’s patentability.[/quote]

i had that same idea. i also thought up of a program that searches the internet for your face whenever you are in a strangers photo accidentaly. but i am sure google is on that one already.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
Exit this site and go to www.google.com and look around on that site until you see the box that you type words into known as the “search box”. Place your mouse arrow inside the box and click once, then type the words “books and classes about entrepreneurialsim” and press enter.

What occurs next is absolute magic; your computer will provide you with a list of sites that offer books and classes about entreprenuerialism. Pick one and sail away into the wide world of search engines and all they have to offer us. Praise the Almighty Internet.[/quote]

i could search the internet for ninja college too.
i dont want to get ripped off, especialy since i will need people who could have done all this without me.
often buisinesses start small and expand, but my idea will work best with those 1-800 commercials.
it is a really good idea. alot of people here would buy it, and it is not even fitness or nutrition related.

[quote]eremesu wrote:
i had that same idea. i also thought up of a program that searches the internet for your face whenever you are in a strangers photo accidentaly. but i am sure google is on that one already.
[/quote]

They’ve been working on this for years. I think DARPA came up with the idea and a few other companies have been trying to refine it.

This is one of the reasons I’m reluctant to use facebook. It is going to get to the point where you could take a random photograph, upload it and get the identities of everybody present. Take this technology to a CCTV-happy country like England, and interested parties will be able to track wherever you go.

Good luck with your invention though! A few years ago, I realized that there was a gaping void in the American breakfast world. People like sausages…and people like pancakes with dessert-like ingredients (caramel, chocolate chips, etc)…why not combine them?! It turns out that some asshat named “Jimmy Dean” beat me to it…

Make a prototype then patant it.

Read up on how to get a patent. It is a long, expensive, and grueling process.

[quote]eremesu wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
Exit this site and go to www.google.com and look around on that site until you see the box that you type words into known as the “search box”. Place your mouse arrow inside the box and click once, then type the words “books and classes about entrepreneurialsim” and press enter.

What occurs next is absolute magic; your computer will provide you with a list of sites that offer books and classes about entreprenuerialism. Pick one and sail away into the wide world of search engines and all they have to offer us. Praise the Almighty Internet.[/quote]

i dont want to get ripped off, especialy since i will need people who could have done all this without me.
often buisinesses start small and expand, but my idea will work best with those 1-800 commercials.
it is a really good idea. alot of people here would buy it, and it is not even fitness or nutrition related.[/quote]

This is all immaterial. There is no market for a man-sized RapeAxe for assholes, regardless of how many times you personally have wished you’d had one in your own asshole. There is no demand whatsoever, so your product is doomed to fail.

[quote]eremesu wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

What occurs next is absolute magic; your computer will provide you with a list of sites that offer books and classes about entrepreneurship. Pick one and sail away into the wide world of search engines and all they have to offer us. Praise the Almighty Internet.[/quote]

i don’t want to get ripped off, especially since i will need people who could have done all this without me.
often businesses start small and expand, but my idea will work best with those 1-800 commercials.
it is a really good idea. a lot of people here would buy it, and it is not even fitness or nutrition related.[/quote]

For someone who does not know how to be an entrepreneur, are you sure that this product will be best advertised on one of those 1-800 commercials? You said your product is expensive, but infomercials do not sell many products that are expensive. Infomercials are directly aimed at impulse shoppers.

I suggest you go to the small business office in your community, get set up with the papers to fill out your business plan and use the small business mentors volunteer that through the offices.

P.S. If you want to be an inventor and a businessman, learn how to spell correctly. Another correct, the word is not entrepreneurialsim, it is entrepreneurship. Learn it or everyone in the business world will laugh you out of their boardrooms.

If you are talking about the talking dildo I already have the patent.

LMAO

OP, what do you expect posting in GAL?

If you do not have the wherewithal to promote and patent your idea, you will need partners. You will eventually sell your idea to someone (or a corporation) that is not so clueless and you will collect a royalty of 2-7% of the PROFIT for your idea. And frankly, that’s all it’s worth.

Unless you somehow manage to raise capital/borrow money from friends and family/go into debt and purchase or contract with a manufacturing facility in China, successfully overcome ALL of the hurdles and hoops associated with international business and import/export, hire a marketing team that has the connections to produce, film and promote your infomercial, develop an infrastructure to handle demand and distribution of your product, and hire the staff and managers to oversee ALL of the moving pieces for dirt cheap until you turn a profit… AND SOMEHOW MANAGE NOT TO GET SCREWED.

Good luck.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]eremesu wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

What occurs next is absolute magic; your computer will provide you with a list of sites that offer books and classes about entrepreneurship. Pick one and sail away into the wide world of search engines and all they have to offer us. Praise the Almighty Internet.[/quote]

i don’t want to get ripped off, especially since i will need people who could have done all this without me.
often businesses start small and expand, but my idea will work best with those 1-800 commercials.
it is a really good idea. a lot of people here would buy it, and it is not even fitness or nutrition related.[/quote]

For someone who does not know how to be an entrepreneur, are you sure that this product will be best advertised on one of those 1-800 commercials? You said your product is expensive, but infomercials do not sell many products that are expensive. Infomercials are directly aimed at impulse shoppers.

I suggest you go to the small business office in your community, get set up with the papers to fill out your business plan and use the small business mentors volunteer that through the offices.

P.S. If you want to be an inventor and a businessman, learn how to spell correctly. Another correct, the word is not entrepreneurialsim, it is entrepreneurship. Learn it or everyone in the business world will laugh you out of their boardrooms. [/quote]

Entreprenuerialism is a legit word. It’s a noun just like entreprenuership.