I Hate Working

Boy, I sure do hate having a job while the economy is in the shitter and half the people I know are unemployed. Woe as me.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Boy, I sure do hate having a job while the economy is in the shitter and half the people I know are unemployed. Woe as me.[/quote]

way to be obvious

i still hate working

Lol @ expecting praise as a dishwasher.

“Hey, everyone come look at this! This fucking pan is spotless! Petermus, you’re the best damn dishwasher this place has ever seen! We’re giving you a raise because we’re sure we couldn’t just hire someone else to do the same thing for less!”

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Lol @ expecting praise as a dishwasher.

“Hey, everyone come look at this! This fucking pan is spotless! Petermus, you’re the best damn dishwasher this place has ever seen! We’re giving you a raise because we’re sure we couldn’t just hire someone else to do the same thing for less!”

[/quote]

Yea, in 6 months, 15 of andrews 30 kids are going to be over 10, they will all work as dishwashers and for the same pay as pertermus here. And I mean they will all work for a total of $8 per hour, not each one individually. Dood, you better start looking for a new job, I hear the Porta Potty cleaning Business is Hiring.

V

C’mon down to NC and I will pay 10 bucks an hour for you to dig ditches (in 105 heat index) and bury water lines. When you go back up to Mass. dishwashing will seem like a great job!

Did noone get my Office Space reference from my previous post? I thought I knew you people!

Re-read what AC and Polo said.

You have a number of ways you can look at your current situation, and the one you have chosen is not helping you.

At the very least, use this as motivation. Motivation for studying harder at school. Motivation for networking. Motivation for pounding the pavement or practicing interview skills. Motivation for doing anything before sitting around watching tv, getting drunk/high with friends and generally fucking around while complaining about your shitty job.

If you want to have something better you have to sacrifice things, and you need sufficient motivation to make those sacrifices worthwhile.

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Boy, I sure do hate having a job while the economy is in the shitter and half the people I know are unemployed. Woe as me.[/quote]

way to be obvious

i still hate working[/quote]

The majority of people don’t like what they do. That’s a damn fact. But most people accept that it’s a necessity and grit their teeth and do what they need to do to a) get by or b) get ahead.

Those who get by are more likely to do the minimum and exercise less ambition. Those who get ahead work their ass off at what is they do and have somewhat of an idea of what ambition is and what way they wish to exercise it.

I have very no sympathy for Petermus for the simple fact of what Wol alluded to. In no way is Petermus’s life bad … he has a job and working to save money to spend while he’s in school. He is in a CC but working to go to a good school, a school who quite a few of my buddies graduated from and are doing well for themselves.

Petermus doesn’t have SHIT to complain about.

Quit your bitching.

Yesterday I unloaded enough furniture to fill two full 18 wheelers. All while in the sun with a 102 heat index.

I would kill to be dish washing.

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

way to be obvious

The majority of people don’t like what they do. That’s a damn fact. But most people accept that it’s a necessity and grit their teeth and do what they need to do to a) get by or b) get ahead.

Those who get by are more likely to do the minimum and exercise less ambition. Those who get ahead work their ass off at what is they do and have somewhat of an idea of what ambition is and what way they wish to exercise it.

I have very no sympathy for Petermus for the simple fact of what Wol alluded to. In no way is Petermus’s life bad … he has a job and working to save money to spend while he’s in school. He is in a CC but working to go to a good school, a school who quite a few of my buddies graduated from and are doing well for themselves.

Petermus doesn’t have SHIT to complain about.[/quote]

ohhh i know. i know it makes sense. and i’m a firm believer in changing things that you’re not happy with.

THAT being said, due to the good salary, benefits etc my job offers… i’d be an idiot to leave.

this is what i suggest for OP: find a sugar mama

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

this is what i suggest for OP: find a sugar mama[/quote]
Hmmm, sounds like good advice.

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

way to be obvious

ohhh i know. i know it makes sense. and i’m a firm believer in changing things that you’re not happy with.

THAT being said, due to the good salary, benefits etc my job offers… i’d be an idiot to leave.

I’m in the same boat as you … decent benefits, wage, position … but I’m always keeping my eyes open for a better opportunity … especially since I’m still workin on my degree while I’m workin … no rest for the wicked … but you already knew that

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

way to be obvious

1. I’m proud to be oblivious

2. I barely know what that word means

3. Work is work. If he wants to quit his job, he can quit his job when he has another job lined up. Other wise, he can shut the fuck up and keep working. The unemployment line is not somewhere he wants to be with half of his friends already there.

I can’t buy food and pay rent with “hopes, dreams, and aspirations”.

Welcome to being an adult. Sorry, you have to do the hard shit day in and day out. We cant all be Hugh Hefner.

i think if you have to work hard to get the job, you appreciate it more

[quote]ladieslove wrote:
i think if you have to work hard to get the job, you appreciate it more[/quote]

Your debt to income ratio is what makes you appreciate your job.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

Your debt to income ratio is what makes you appreciate your job. [/quote]

i suppose it does

i’m in debt because i needed the diploma to get this job

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

i suppose it does

i’m in debt because i needed the diploma to get this job[/quote]

Exactly and the more you make the more you spend and the deeper you get in debt. Personally I picked a profession that I can just go down the street and get hired. So I appreciate jobs that do not ass rape me daily.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

i suppose it does

Exactly and the more you make the more you spend and the deeper you get in debt. Personally I picked a profession that I can just go down the street and get hired. So I appreciate jobs that do not ass rape me daily. [/quote]

i have a sweet deal here i just get bored.

i’m sitting here in slippers, eating soy beans, drinking green tea and posting here… can’t be THAT bad…

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]ladieslove wrote:

i suppose it does

Exactly and the more you make the more you spend and the deeper you get in debt. Personally I picked a profession that I can just go down the street and get hired. So I appreciate jobs that do not ass rape me daily. [/quote]

i have a sweet deal here i just get bored.

i’m sitting here in slippers, eating soy beans, drinking green tea and posting here… can’t be THAT bad…
[/quote]

True, hell I post between patients. Sometimes we only have a few a day. I dont complain about my job, because honestly nobody cares.