I Hate Training Chest

only exercises i do for chest are dumbbell squeeze presses and low incline neutral grip dumbbell presses.

sometimes i do push-ups with a weighted vest and use hex dumbbells as push-up handles for the third exercise.

if i had a gym membership ( i train in my basement gym ) i would add parallel bar dips and long handle pec-deck to the list.

i dont even know why i opened this post. just wanted to share :slight_smile:

OMG CHEST DAY IS ONE OF MY FAVESKIES!!!

I hate ass day

[quote]bigboikivanc wrote:
only exercises i do for chest are dumbbell squeeze presses and low incline neutral grip dumbbell presses.

sometimes i do push-ups with a weighted vest and use hex dumbbells as push-up handles for the third exercise.

if i had a gym membership ( i train in my basement gym ) i would add parallel bar dips and long handle pec-deck to the list.

i dont even know why i opened this post. just wanted to share :)[/quote]

check out the full ROM and Partials they are doing with pushup handles(@1:30). If you hate doing chest you’ll hate them. Banana hammock optional.

Dude chest pumps is the best pumps

i think i hate training it because its one of my worst bodyparts and i cant improve it no matter what i do.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
I hate ass day[/quote]

Crazypants.

Lower body is pretty awesome. You always feel like you worked pretty damn hard after.

Not as awesome as back, though.

But abs
 I won’t even go there.

[quote]Apoklyps wrote:

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
I hate ass day[/quote]

Crazypants.

Lower body is pretty awesome. You always feel like you worked pretty damn hard after.

Not as awesome as back, though.

But abs
 I won’t even go there.[/quote]

oh yeah. great minds think a like.

leg and back day are my favorites.

the quad pump after very high rep squats, the back pump after corner t-bar row drop-sets
 i loooove them.

another thing i like is dropping sweat on the treadmill like bombs from the sky when doing HIIT.

I like hamstring day a lot. Quad day is painful.
Ass day is just girly and boring.

BUT CHEST DAY OMG do NOT even get me started!!

You should do this cable cross over pyramid thing I do.
Start with the pins at the bottom, then work up with each set AND THEN back allllll the way down again.
(HIGH REP)

Also plate squeeze super setted with any DB chest thing is awesome.

Wheee I can actually give advice about something cause chest is one of my better body parts. * I want to clearly state not BOOBS though, my boobs are lame* HAHH

i think i hate training it because its one of my worst bodyparts and i cant improve it no matter what i do.[/quote]

Try ‘super-setting’ D.Bell fly with D.Bell press or push ups. 12-15 reps for the flys
presses to failure (use a weight that you get at least eight with)

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
Start with the pins at the bottom, then work up with each set AND THEN back allllll the way down again.
(HIGH REP)
[/quote]

Great stuff
peak contraction adds depth to the suffering.

hate hate arms
do a few dips after chest shoulder day and a few curls after back
but do i hate em

[quote]davyboy wrote:
hate hate arms
but do i hate em
[/quote]

Work some CGBP and some chins in and you’ll never have to do another dip or curl

Chins blow my arms up way more than curls ever did. But I could never give up dips.

Are you focusing on contracting your pecs during the exercise? For years I pressed with my front delts and had shitty bench numbers until I really focused on using pecs and tris for the press.

[quote]Grove wrote:

[quote]davyboy wrote:
hate hate arms
but do i hate em
[/quote]

Work some CGBP and some chins in and you’ll never have to do another dip or curl

Chins blow my arms up way more than curls ever did. But I could never give up dips.[/quote]

If you can get optimal biceps development from just chins (and variations), you’re a lucky man.

You’re also in the minority.

Most people, eventually, will need to incorporate some form of curls into their routine for best results.

I’ve performed pretty much every variation on the pull ups and chin ups imaginable. In the Your ‘Big 3’ thread in this subforum, I even mentioned a movement that most would find
unique (although the principle behind it is nothing new). But my biceps really didn’t start to attain that ‘wow’ factor until I began to intelligently incorporate some curling. And this is true with a great majority of folks I work with.

And before anyone gives that tired cliche of gymnasts they see on tv
well, if they’re good enough be on a televised event, they’re also national level or world class; so it’s not a stretch to say they’ve been dealt a pretty decent genetic hand which would respond to just pull ups and chin ups.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

i think i hate training it because its one of my worst bodyparts and i cant improve it no matter what i do.[/quote]

Try ‘super-setting’ D.Bell fly with D.Bell press or push ups. 12-15 reps for the flys
presses to failure (use a weight that you get at least eight with)[/quote]

yes i do them from time to time.
regular flys on a bench give my shoulders discomfort.
what do you think about flys on floor? is it worth doing?

tonight i will train chest.
i saw toney freeman doing alternating chest presses in a training video.
he keeps one arm extended while doing reps with the other arm. he says this increases time under tension a lot. i will try it tonight.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
I like hamstring day a lot. Quad day is painful.
Ass day is just girly and boring.

BUT CHEST DAY OMG do NOT even get me started!!

(HIGH REP)

Also plate squeeze super setted with any DB chest thing is awesome.

Wheee I can actually give advice about something cause chest is one of my better body parts. * I want to clearly state not BOOBS though, my boobs are lame* HAHH
[/quote]

i wish i had a cable crossover station in my basement gym :slight_smile:

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
I hate ass day[/quote]

I only get ass day once a year, on my birthday

[quote]56x11 wrote:

[quote]Grove wrote:

[quote]davyboy wrote:
hate hate arms
but do i hate em
[/quote]

Chins blow my arms up way more than curls ever did. But I could never give up dips.[/quote]

If you can get optimal biceps development from just chins (and variations), you’re a lucky man.

You’re also in the minority.

Most people, eventually, will need to incorporate some form of curls into their routine for best results.

I’ve performed pretty much every variation on the pull ups and chin ups imaginable. In the Your ‘Big 3’ thread in this subforum, I even mentioned a movement that most would find
unique (although the principle behind it is nothing new). But my biceps really didn’t start to attain that ‘wow’ factor until I began to intelligently incorporate some curling. And this is true with a great majority of folks I work with.

And before anyone gives that tired cliche of gymnasts they see on tv
well, if they’re good enough be on a televised event, they’re also national level or world class; so it’s not a stretch to say they’ve been dealt a pretty decent genetic hand which would respond to just pull ups and chin ups.
[/quote]

Yea, I kind of agree with you. Davyboy said he hated hated training arms, and I was just suggesting a less isolating movement that has worked well for me. I probably shouldn’t have said ‘never’ though. I can’t really do curls anymore. They cause too much pain after a while on inside of my elbow.

And since I started doing chin variations, my arms have never looked fuller, even more so than when I was knocking out tons of curls. Maybe not “optimal” development as you put it, but that’s not really what i’m going for. I find that as I strengthen the whole body through the main lifts, and chins, rows, dips, my arms naturally follow.

[quote]tsantos wrote:

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
I hate ass day[/quote]

I only get ass day once a year, on my birthday
[/quote]

AHHAHAHhha