I hate Squats Club

Zippety Do Dah it was BP deload Day! 105, 130, 155 x 5

Inclince BP : 2 x 10 x 115lbs

Seated Cable Row: 2 x 12 x 100lbs

20 minutes moderate pace bike…

About as boring and uninspiring as a deload can be!

Peace

Hey if the American Heart Association comes out with a finding that indoor cardio is bad for you…call me immediately…I hate bikes, treadmills and ellipticals! But until they do:

20 minutes treadmill, 12 minutes intervals (15sec work, 45 sec cruise)

planks 3 x 2 minutes

plate loaded front squats 2 x 10 x25lbs

Tall kneeling cable chops 3 x 12 x90lbs

Peace

the deload has become my favorite part…

Got a question for the Old Goats out there. What are you guys doing for supplements? When , how much, what?

I have a protein shake (Muscle Milk) with a little creatine after the morning beat down and then hit 2 protein bars ( 1 in mid Am and 1 mid afternoon)…some fish oil at night and that’s it.

Just curious if anyone found something that actually works…Thanks

Peace

MJ- Couldn’t agree more…without deload, I would be toast!

Peace

Nice work I like the complexes.

Deload is in the vernacular the shit.

im pretty conservative with supplements, a post work out shake or if my recover is bad
Ill do another one during the day.
Fish oil in huge dosages, vitaman D, Zinc, and curricumen500 seems to really help with joint inflamation.
and I take another joint supplement, MSM when I remember.

skip the bars. post workout muscle milk isn’t the best choice, too slow digesting, go for a whey powder, mixed with water or juice. little creatine, some fish oil, and everything else KMc said.

KM and Pete- Thanks for the advice…

Yee Ha…deload week is over! Today was squats

135, 145, 155 x 5

Goblets; 2 x 10 x 70

15 minutes rowing machine…done

Going to start cycle 3 a day early (Saturday) because my sunday will be filled with lacrosse. Got to take my boy to Harvard for a fall tournament with his club team. He’ll be psyched seeing our first game is at 8am…meaning he will have to be up at 5;30am…yeah happy teenager at 5:30am!! NOT!

Peace

Yee Ha…deload week is over! Today was squats

135, 145, 155 x 5

Goblets; 2 x 10 x 70

15 minutes rowing machine…done

Going to start cycle 3 a day early (Saturday) because my sunday will be filled with lacrosse. Got to take my boy to Harvard for a fall tournament with his club team. He’ll be psyched seeing our first game is at 8am…meaning he will have to be up at 5;30am…yeah happy teenager at 5:30am!! NOT!

Peace

[quote]OldGoat wrote:
Got a question for the Old Goats out there. What are you guys doing for supplements? When , how much, what?

I have a protein shake (Muscle Milk) with a little creatine after the morning beat down and then hit 2 protein bars ( 1 in mid Am and 1 mid afternoon)…some fish oil at night and that’s it.

Just curious if anyone found something that actually works…Thanks

I do fish oil with meals, and a multivitamin. I also do a pre and post workout drink, Endurox R4 that loosley follows what is recommended in the boon Nutrient Timing (at least I think that’s the name) followed by a good protien source (most often food) within one hour of post workout drink.

On occasion I have taken creatine and every now and then will do a protein shake.

Nice training log!

I’m late to the party, but welcome aboard OG. I am yet another 531 convert as of four cycles ago. At 42 my supplements are not so geared to growth as much as trying to ward off the ills of age, ie fish oil, glucosamine&chondrotin, multi-vitamin and garlic. I do have the occational whey shake or bar, mostly for post training and snacks.

Thanks Chi-Town and Danjo for the supplement info.

Chi- Nothing but props for the guy who enters a meet. I do not have the stones or lifts for that; so again, major props for taking the plunge.

Danjo- honored that one of the resident beasts stopped by to welcome the OldGoat.

Looking forward to tomorrow and the start of round 3 of OldGoat vs 5/3/1! Should be a dandy!

Off to HS football to make sure my son doesn’t get into any dust-ups with the enemy. Lifting is so much easier than parenting!

Peace

Are you holding a dumbbell in your hands for the goblet squats or wearing a belt? I just hold the db and like to stand on two benchs so I can get lower on them.

hel320 - I hold a dumbbell to my chest and try to go rock bottom up to about 3/4 so the quads get no break. I really like them. I am trying to increase weight and they I will move to BB front squats.

! Cycle 3 Week 1 MP. Always a good day coming out of a deload.

105, 120, 135/10 ( PR +1) If I hadn’t worked with the Budweiser gods last night it would be more!

Dips: 17/35lbs, 10/9 x45lbs 6/6/6 x 50lbs

Face Pulls ; 5 x10x100lbs

was still a little amped by the MP so I threw in Tates 2x10x35.

Great day here for an OldGoat motorcycle ride…Peace

Well, another “Old Goat” along for the 5/3/1 ride… nice to meet ya!

Bunny- right back at ya! although your pic scares the bejesus out of me…

Nice PR on the MPs OG (man, could I have put anymore acronyms in there??). Militaries are a unique exercise. PRs on bench, squats and deads are great, but (at least for me) military PRs are even better.

Nice work!

hey oldgoat - lookin’ good on the 5-3-1!

LS - Thanks…I plan on chasing you with the MP’s. Notice I didn’t say catching you! If I need to I will pull the age card to protect my fragile ego.

SD- Thanks Dog, looking forward to reading your meet results. Big time stones doing that!