I Hate Pollen

Cant wait to breathe through my nose again in a few months. Anyone else have bad allergies and what do you do to fight it?

Tree sperm is my kryptonite.

Already? I guess Spring starts early in Florida.

I suffer terribly for part of April and most of May. But NasalCrom, started 2 weeks before symptoms normally start, really takes the edge off and knocks down my reaction significantly.

Willows … may the entire species be chopped down, burnt and the ashes buried under concrete. Then I’d dig them up again, hunt through the DNA and clone millions of the bastards just so I could get to chop them down and burn them again.

I’m also pretty pissed off with Rye grass.

I use Benadryl to control the leakage and my sanity.

[quote]MartyMonster wrote:
Willows … may the entire species be chopped down, burnt and the ashes buried under concrete. Then I’d dig them up again, hunt through the DNA and clone millions of the bastards just so I could get to chop them down and burn them again.

I use Benadryl to control the leakage and my sanity. [/quote]

Benadryl is okay, but it makes you feel a bit lazy.

NasalCrom has no symptoms.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]MartyMonster wrote:

I use Benadryl to control the leakage and my sanity. [/quote]

Benadryl is okay, but it makes you feel a bit lazy.

NasalCrom has no symptoms. [/quote]

I can get sick just from reading the word pollen.

Yeah it is awful. Im in central florida, orlando area and there are honest to god piles of it everywhere. Have to wash my car once every two days or it turns yellow. The pollen count has been over 10(out of 12) for two weeks straight, yesterday it was 11.2!!!

I hate you for having spring already.

[quote]kakno wrote:
I hate you for having spring already.[/quote]

We never had winter

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:

We never had winter[/quote]
Brb, buying nukes.

I’m pretty sure you can just read a book and stop eating gluten and your allergies will go away.

Right Kakno

The only time I can ever breathe out my nose is in a good cold winter.

Using anti-histamines freaks me out so I just suffer the whole year. Taking 2,000mg of vitamin-c daily with rose hips has really helped out though… not going to lie.

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:

We never had winter[/quote]

Neither did we

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
I’m pretty sure you can just read a book and stop eating gluten and your allergies will go away.

Right Kakno[/quote]
It is decidedly so.

I usually have HORRIBLE pollen allergies from about late April until late May. Worst hay fever symptoms ever. (Mainly from tree and grass pollen.) Makes life just unbearable.

I finally bit the bullet about a year and a half ago and started doing immunization therapy. Since I don’t have the time to visit a doctor’s office once a week for shots, I’m doing the sublingual therapy, where they give you a prescription for these drops, and you just put one drop under your tongue three times a day. It’s just as effective as the shots, but hasn’t yet been “approved” for insurance coverage by the US FDA (though it’s been used for decades in Europe), so it’s off-label in the US, and you’ll thus have to pay for it out of pocket. (It’s $225 per 3 months.)

I started doing it around November of 2011 and the doctor said the immunization wouldn’t kick in in time for spring of 2012, but should be kicked in by the time spring of 2013 rolls around, so I will soon be putting it to the test.

No medication, prescription or otherwise, nor home remedy, has ever had any effect whatsoever.

[quote]Damici wrote:
I usually have HORRIBLE pollen allergies from about late April until late May. Worst hay fever symptoms ever. (Mainly from tree and grass pollen.) Makes life just unbearable.

I finally bit the bullet about a year and a half ago and started doing immunization therapy. Since I don’t have the time to visit a doctor’s office once a week for shots, I’m doing the sublingual therapy, where they give you a prescription for these drops, and you just put one drop under your tongue three times a day. It’s just as effective as the shots, but hasn’t yet been “approved” for insurance coverage by the US FDA (though it’s been used for decades in Europe), so it’s off-label in the US, and you’ll thus have to pay for it out of pocket. (It’s $225 per 3 months.)

I started doing it around November of 2011 and the doctor said the immunization wouldn’t kick in in time for spring of 2012, but should be kicked in by the time spring of 2013 rolls around, so I will soon be putting it to the test.

No medication, prescription or otherwise, nor home remedy, has ever had any effect whatsoever.[/quote]

Do you need to repeat the treatment every year?

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

[quote]Damici wrote:

No medication, prescription or otherwise, nor home remedy, has ever had any effect whatsoever.[/quote]

Do you need to repeat the treatment every year?[/quote]

You stay on it for around two years straight. Then you should be all done.

[quote]Damici wrote:

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

[quote]Damici wrote:

Do you need to repeat the treatment every year?[/quote]

You stay on it for around two years straight. Then you should be all done.

[/quote]

Depending on how bad your allergies are you may need to repeat the treatment. I had it when I was 16 years old, and needed to have an injection once a week for over a year. My allergies were pretty bad. It worked well, but my allergies resurfaced when I was about 19 and I had to do a another round.

Maybe that was enough, as I don’t really hayfever as bad anymore, although saying that my lifestyle and dietary habits have changed dramatically from that time.

tweet

This is what I am dealing with here. Tree pollen just covering the ground everywhere.

Carbolin 19 has helped me. ( Biotest store )

Primatene Tablets ( you can get it from the Walmart )

Cetrizine Hydrocloride 10 mg ( CVS )

I nearly choked here in Florida with an allergy attack and then the very next day you made this thread.

My car is covered in yellow.

[quote]Alpha F wrote:
Carbolin 19 has helped me. ( Biotest store )

Primatene Tablets ( you can get it from the Walmart )

Cetrizine Hydrocloride 10 mg ( CVS )

I nearly choked here in Florida with an allergy attack and then the very next day you made this thread.

My car is covered in yellow.[/quote]

Ive been washing my car every 2 days now. Without realizing it I would get it on my fingers when I would open up the door, or close my trunk, then touch my face.