I Hate Personal Trainers

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:

so just worry about yourself and your training, invest in an iPod and everyone else in the gym can pretty much go f’ themselves.

[/quote]

You said it all right there…words to live by.

[quote]apayne wrote:
Aleksandr wrote:
I wish I was a little bit taller…

I wish I was a baller…[/quote]

I wish I had a girl that was cool I would call her…

damn you frisbee!!!

[quote]apayne wrote:
Aleksandr wrote:

I wish I was a baller…[/quote]

I wish I had a girl who looked good
I would call her
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
and a six four Impala

Thanks apayne!

Damn it Vegita and frisbee, that was ridiculously quick posting!

I only need to look at your avatar to tell you know what you are doing.

[quote]Paulos wrote:
apayne wrote:
Aleksandr wrote:

I wish I was a baller…

I would call her
and a six four Impala

Thanks apayne![/quote]

…making all your wacky wishes come true.

Damn. I wanted to post the line with the rabbit!

[quote]frisbee wrote:
apayne wrote:
Aleksandr wrote:

I wish I was a baller…

I wish i had a girl. If I did, I would call her.[/quote]

So this is where the elusive “Skeelo” ended up…

…I thought he was dead.

Nate

Oh man, you could go on and on about this stuff. I figure we should just make a different name to differentiate between “trainers” who have a “certification” and don’t know shit, versus the people who make it their job to get people results. That would avoid confusion.

I remember my short stint as a trainer before I had an “out” with the head trainer. There were several arguments but one I remember was this:

He was working out and I saw him using the preacher curl - he was only going half-way down and rocking a lot. Now this guy is big and ripped so he gets tons of clients but doesn’t know shit. Anyway, I just asked him for curiosity why he didn’t do full range of motion. Now I’ll certainly agree there are legitimate instances to do what he was doing - but he said he did it that way because otherwise you will hyperextend and damage the ELBOW! What?! I started to ask about his reasoning but, boy he just blew up in my face.

It’s true that some people just want to live in their own little world and not know the truth. It boggles the mind.

All I know is I was the only trainer there who trained his women with heavy weights. And my clients got results, but it was just machines for the other poor ladies. It doesn’t help that women are the most abundant client. It’s just sad.

[quote]swivel wrote:
don’t be jealous. gettin’ paid to do nothin’ is like the golden frickn’ job. plus the more trainees those wicked lame trainers have the less guys competing with you eh? [/quote]

Swivel- great way to look at the situation. When I see clowns in the gym doing the same generic exercises day in and day out, like robots, Im laughing, knowing Im making gains in leaps and bounds past these fools.

Sorry, I didnt mean to offend any personal trainers (who know what their doing.) For those of you who suck, I meant to offend you.

I agree that there are some good trainers out there. Its just that there aren’t any at my gym.

Hey guys… new member here, been lurking for a while, but wanted to chime in on this subject.

In my gym (local community center, apparently specializing in cardio equipment), 99% of the people I see getting trained are there simply to learn how to use the machines. The trainers don’t even bother explaining to them the reasons for doing thing, they just give them a list of things to do and leave it at that.

From what I can tell, they’re only interested in getting them enough results to keep them coming back, basically coaching motivation rather than results.

Unfortunately, most of them end up dropping out within a couple of weeks and aren’t heard from again. Either didn’t lose 20 pounds in the first week or can’t bench 250 within the first week. At least the trainer gets paid, there’s certainly no shortage of uneducated people out there to take advantage, looking for any shortcut they can to drop sixty pounds in a matter of days.

I’m not even sure where to start spreading the blame for that one… but I agree, the trainers typically just seem to take advantage of the ignorant people at the gym.

I wish I was like 6 foot 9
So I could get with Leoshe
Cuz she don’t know me
But yo she’s really fine…

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:

so just worry about yourself and your training, invest in an iPod and everyone else in the gym can pretty much go f’ themselves.

[/quote]

Don’t worry, I have an MP3 player and stick to my own business since I hate when guys try to talk to me at the gym. Sadly, my MP3 player was dead that night. :frowning:

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1117515716506.jambi.bmp

Wish? Did somebody say wish?

Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho…

[quote]
Paulos wrote:
apayne wrote:
Aleksandr wrote:

I wish I was a baller…

I would call her