T Nation

I Hate Housework

Thanks everyone… I don’t know which I like better, the good tips or the bad tips!

Any more?

[quote]pookie wrote:
Get a wife.
[/quote]

What if you do more housework than your wife???

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
pookie wrote:
Get a wife.

What if you do more housework than your wife???[/quote]

Well then we know you ain’t wearing the pants…

That’s why I don’t pick up anything until it starts to move on its own. Then I call the vet.

Some laundry… for your viewing pleasure.

[quote]rsg wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
pookie wrote:
Get a wife.

What if you do more housework than your wife???

Well then we know you ain’t wearing the pants…[/quote]

Or my wife is too spoiled.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
That’s why I don’t pick up anything until it starts to move on its own. Then I call the vet.[/quote]

Eh, just shoot it with a pellet gun, and then bag it and throw it away.

may sound extreme but to keep dishes from piling up i once smashed them all but 2 of everything. I also lived with a neat freak and kind of adopted a few of his cleaning habits. haha i made a huge turnaround from when i first took off for school. my house is constantly emaculate and i don’t have to work that hard at it.

C’mon Vroom! How much cleaning do you have to do behind a McDonald’s dumpster?
Sack up, man!! :wink:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
C’mon Vroom! How much cleaning do you have to do behind a McDonald’s dumpster?
Sack up, man!! ;)[/quote]

i piss there all the time so it can get a little out of hand.

Virtually every night when I come home from work or the gym, I have a coffee, crank up the tunes, and put in 15-30 minutes. That way your place will be spotless everyday. Personally I can’t relax completely if my place is a mess. You could consider it NEPA too.

Alright, dammit, I declared today NEPA day. No, I’m not going to do hours and hours of the hated housework, but I’ll do a few minutes many times here and there over the course of the day.

This will get me “on track” to the point that dedicating a short (survivable) 10 minute stint every day will keep it presentable. It’s not like the place is big or I have anyone helping me mess it up…

Did I mention that I hate housework?

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Get the book “Clean Like A Man.”

Good tips, saves time.

Here’s a tip: Don’t go for “instinctual cleaning.” Create a cleaning schedule, so you know where you’re going to direct that 10 minutes of cleaning every day. To-do lists can help focus you and get the job done.[/quote]

At least Im not the only one who has owned and read that one!

I was about to go ahead and reccomend this great book, but I can see you already beat me to it.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Get a wife.
[/quote]
I’ve got one. However, to make sure ironed clothes look like they’ve actually SEEN an iron, I have to do it.
Still, she has other qualities… :slight_smile:

Here are some tips that you might find useful:

Organize yourself. The more you plan your cleaning, the more efficient and quicker it will become. I clean my appartment twice a week (Thursday and Sunday), doing vacuuming, dust wiping etc. I’t takes me around 20 mins on Thursday after training and around 40 mins on Sunday morning.

Clean your dishes every day. Instead of putting it off until you’ve got a bacteria breeding ground in your sink, do it after your last evening meal. I takes only a couple of minutes, and after a while you won’t even notice it.

The same goes for laundry.

watch a sushi chef work.

Here is the deal with cooking. After you cook you are authorized to let your mess sit while you eat. After you are done eating your meal, however, you must clean your crap up before you do anything else.

If you cook a huge ass meal for multiple people with leftovers(that will hopefully last a few days), then you can relax and wash the dishes later. Never let the dishes sit for a longer time than the next morning.

If you follow these rules and everyone cleans their own mess after cooking, the kitchen will always be spotless.

[quote]vroom wrote:
pookie wrote:
Get a wife.

Yeah, I hear they are more trouble then they are worth though… now if you’ll excuse me, I have go dig for some potatoes in the vegetable closet.[/quote]

Well, you gotta be careful what you do with them. I got a bit careless and a couple of kids dropped out of it.

The bright side: I rub their socks on the TV to load’em up with static and they clean the floors as they run around. Noisiest vacuum cleaner ever, though.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
pookie wrote:
Get a wife.

Ohh…Mr. 1948.[/quote]

It’s all in the Bible man.

It’s quite equal: She cooks the food, I eat it. She cleans the clothes, I wear them. etc.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
pookie wrote:
Get a wife.

What if you do more housework than your wife???[/quote]

Dude, divorce that bitch!

…then send her my way. :wink: