I Hate Benching

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:
Maybe you shouldn’t bench when you have your period.[/quote]

haha…I am stealing this one!

Cheers

I too hate benching. I like weighted dips and millitary press and pushups for pec and pushing strength development.

i say dont do it. As long as you do some weighted dips or a lot of OH pressing then your good to go. Why do you have to bench?

The only reason i do em is because i tend to be fairly good at them and im not including them right now even.

Bunch of booby builders ha ha j/k

[quote]mrl179 wrote:
who else is with me. I mean i used to always think benching was the shitz, lately well even last year benching just gave me a sucky feeling. Whenever i was under the bar it would just hurt and make me feel bad. Also my shoulder really hurt…[/quote]

Just grab a swiss-ball, for core stabilization and Chek yourself. Before you know it all movements that feel uncomfortable will be obsolete, focus on that core bro’.

In fact pick up those 5lbs foamed dumb bells and go balls to the wall (preferably with a Journey song playing in the back atmosphere) on that swiss ball.

Ignore a lot of these guys on here, they still think benching is actually beneficial. You are probably the same as me, I am a athlete first and a powerbuilder second, I can’t get injured when there is a big table tennis game on Saturday night, can’t hold us down.

[quote]allNatural wrote:
Try proper form.[/quote]

Chek it before I wrek it, yeah take that as a threat.

To the OP another good idea is to focus your internal energy into your pectoids, worked for me.

[quote]coffee wrote:
i say dont do it. As long as you do some weighted dips or a lot of OH pressing then your good to go. Why do you have to bench?

The only reason i do em is because i tend to be fairly good at them and im not including them right now even.

Bunch of booby builders ha ha j/k[/quote]

enough said!

Gotta bench to help your TOTAL…

Fix the reasons they hurt. If they’re as bad as you say, you’ll probably need a professional at this point.

-Dan

I’m slowly leaning towards putting more emphasis on the OHP and dips in place of bench

[quote]titopuente wrote:
haha… i am the bench press[/quote]

I bench press; therefore I am.

[quote]Konstantine wrote:
I’m slowly leaning towards putting more emphasis on the OHP and dips in place of bench[/quote]

I prefer overhead pressing and dipping…I’m fortunate because doing those 2 (with some barbell benching every few weeks but dumbbell presses every week) increases my bench… but knocking the bench press because you don’t like it?

NY italian voice Git da fook outta 'errrrreeeeeeee…

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
I did a sit up and ate a vegetable yesterday, and I still don’t have a six pack. I feel cheated.[/quote]

Was the vegetable still in her wheelchair? If so, that’s why you didn’t get your sixpack. It’s all about technique.

[quote]NE2000 wrote:
BarneyFife wrote:
I did a sit up and ate a vegetable yesterday, and I still don’t have a six pack. I feel cheated.

Was the vegetable still in her wheelchair? If so, that’s why you didn’t get your sixpack. It’s all about technique.

[/quote]

impressive, definate TC points for picking up on that one

I love benching!

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
you dont have to fucking like it you just have to fucking do it…[/quote]

R O F L

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. I used to hate squats and hurt my back doing them. I love squats now.

Where’s Mr Push ups when we need him? I think a lengthy rant about the advantages of push ups over benching would be good here. :wink:

You know what, you need to keep reading this quote from Dave Tate, just keep reading it…

Today’s tip comes from Dave Tate:

Bust It

Everyone wants to major in the minor shit. A lot of people love training calves because it’s easy. Compare a calf raise to a bentover row. Which one is the pussy going to choose? It makes me sick to see how most people train today. We’re the most overeducated, under-producing group of trainers and coaches ever. The one thing that’s never changed is that you still have to work hard. A lot of people and a lot of programs are trying to sidestep that one main issue. But you gotta go in there and you gotta bust your ass! People need to quit looking for the easy way out and get to work.

[quote]RickJames wrote:
That’s just your vagina flaring up. Clean the sand out of it and you’ll feel a lot better.[/quote]

awwww whats the matter kiiieeeel, you feeling a little agitated? you got a little sand in your vagina?

I fucking haaaaaaaaaaaaate it, and not because of the reasons you listed, just because I don’t like it, yet I still do it and I don’t bitch about it.

hey i still do the bench, but i hate it. Aint gonna stop me from doing it. I think its my form maybe elbows not flaired will help.