T Nation

I Hate Benching

who else is with me. I mean i used to always think benching was the shitz, lately well even last year benching just gave me a sucky feeling. Whenever i was under the bar it would just hurt and make me feel bad. Also my shoulder really hurt…

That’s just your vagina flaring up. Clean the sand out of it and you’ll feel a lot better.

[quote]mrl179 wrote:
who else is with me. I mean i used to always think benching was the shitz, lately well even last year benching just gave me a sucky feeling. Whenever i was under the bar it would just hurt and make me feel bad. Also my shoulder really hurt…[/quote]

Hey bro, I’m with you and well were at it let’s throw squatting and deads in the mix to because my legs and back hurt when I do them. :slight_smile: Nah, I can’t agree with you there as I love benching, but there are a few old timers here who would agree with you.

D

I’m no old timer, but I hate benching too. I’ve messed up my shoulders and elbows doing it, so I have little reason to love it.

Been using dumbells for quite a while, and DB benching is something I do like.

Maybe you shouldn’t bench when you have your period.

Benching is not my favorite exercise.

But I can’t just do deads and squats all the time. :slight_smile:

Try proper form.

[quote]Miserere wrote:
I’m no old timer, but I hate benching too. I’ve messed up my shoulders and elbows doing it, so I have little reason to love it.

Been using dumbells for quite a while, and DB benching is something I do like.[/quote]

same here…dumbbells are much better.

Probably because you suck at it and you’re doing something wrong. I love the feeling of pushing heavy weight and progressing.

It’s a far cry from my favorite lift, but I don’t hate it. Actually I kind of enjoy pressing DBs on a decline bench.

you dont have to fucking like it you just have to fucking do it…

So don’t do it.

Why do something you hate?

Life’s too short. Just do whatever makes you feel good.

There are things that I do that I don’t like to do at the moment, but I like what it brings.

If there’s nothing about benching that you like, simply don’t do it.

Hey, benching just talked to me, and he said he hates you to. I am sorry.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
mrl179 wrote:
who else is with me. I mean i used to always think benching was the shitz, lately well even last year benching just gave me a sucky feeling. Whenever i was under the bar it would just hurt and make me feel bad. Also my shoulder really hurt…

Hey bro, I’m with you and well were at it let’s throw squatting and deads in the mix to because my legs and back hurt when I do them. :slight_smile: Nah, I can’t agree with you there as I love benching, but there are a few old timers here who would agree with you.

D[/quote]

Actually, I don’t think it’s the opinion of many old timers. Except ZEB, and he has a right to his opinion. I think this is the new breed bs who read an article and now is trying to be ‘with-it’ and avoid benches. Ever–EVERY classic chest was built with a lot of benching. Heavy benching as well. Done properly, like any lift, the bench is no more dangerous than any other exercise. This, of course, is true only if you have no predisposition for injury through this motion. For me, dips suck. Bother my shoulder capsule much more than benches.

Hey, maybe my form sucks on my dips? Or it just may be my weight and physiology–who knows.

[quote]mrl179 wrote:
who else is with me. I mean i used to always think benching was the shitz, lately well even last year benching just gave me a sucky feeling. Whenever i was under the bar it would just hurt and make me feel bad. Also my shoulder really hurt…[/quote]

Don’t try to recruit people to join in your weakness.

Thats Bullshit.

I just want to hold this spot for adds when this becomes a legendary thread.

haha… i am the bench press

I did a sit up and ate a vegetable yesterday, and I still don’t have a six pack. I feel cheated.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
you dont have to fucking like it you just have to fucking do it…[/quote]

I second this. You need to stop complaining, it makes you look stupid and weak.

I hate it too… but I do it. And I hate it alot less benching 315 then I did benching 225.