I hate being sick!

Well, the last couple of days have just sucked. I haven’t called in sick to work for about 10 years and yesterday I had to break with tradition. I’ve developed a nasty upper respiratory infection that’s got me completely sidelined. Yesterday it moved into my stomach and intestines so we all know what that means. . .

The only upside to this is that I’m not missing any training since this was my planned week off anyway.

However, because of the illness my diet has just gone to hell. I’ve been trying to diet down somewhat (you may have seen the before pics) and I’ve been doing fairly well with it. I’ve been on ephedrine and caffein and this was a week off those as well before starting T-2Pro next week. Well the only things I managed to get down yesterday were a cup of lemon tea and a slurpee. You heard me a super enormous slurpee. I’ve tried with the MRP but it just comes right back up. I figured the slurpee might ease the sore throat a little, seeing as how it’s cold. Turns out it’s been my only real source of calories for a couple of days now too. . .

Sorry about the rant I’m just upset, while the bodyfat certainly isn’t going to be negatively affected I think my muscle mass is taking a bit of a hit with 3 days of no protein. . . pisses me right off. I just finished putting on 8 lbs of the stuff and now it’s running away again . . . ah well.

Anyway, I’m hoping I’ll be ready to lift again next week. I was supposed to do some 1RM testing at the end of this week but I’m thinking it would be a little skewed and might not be worth my time. Though we’ll see I might still give it a shot anyway . . .

STU