I Hate America. What's it Like in Canada?

[quote]Joe D. wrote:
Fantastic, lets get back to the feudal system where the rich have all the money and the rest of the worthless scum can go rot. Fantastic.

How on earth does exporting all blue collar jobs to foreign labour markets possibly help anyone except for the business owner? [/quote]

Because when it comes down to it, you - the consumer - will pick the lower priced item almost every time you go to the store. So you are as much a part of the problem as the evil business owner.

If you are in England, why is it any of your business?

[quote]smatsushima1 wrote:

So how is life in Canada? How much different is it? Weather, economy, job growth, education, etc. Cost of living especially. High or low?[/quote]

Canada isn’t much different bud. Half the the people at my work are ironiclly getting laid off today because my company is switching half of its agents to an off shore partner so there shareholds can have even more expensive cars and big pools, etc…
In my opinion people in North America in general live to good and it is poisoning us.

You, Zap and Blaze are all correct in some way and you know it…take it to the politics thread so we can let this anti-American thread fizzle out…I don’t want to see it on the board anymore - dumb fucking kid. I think it’s just that time of year when everyone has their partisan goggles on and refuses to let any light in, all the while anxious to put the gloves on. I mean you can’t possibly be so narrow-minded as to not see the logic in Zap’s post.

And although Zap is a right wing bastard (ez Zap - I’m playin with ya) he surely understands there is balance to maintain or a threshold if you will to the rate at which we ship jobs overseas…I hope:)

[quote]Joe D. wrote:
Fantastic, lets get back to the feudal system where the rich have all the money and the rest of the worthless scum can go rot. Fantastic.

[/quote]

Where has that been proposed?

It helps the consumers. Obviously.

American workers already kick the shit out their third word competition. Better skill sets, higher productivity.

The problems start to occur in two basic areas. Greed and taxes.

Many American workers think they should earn far too much to do simplistic tasks and many workers refuse to be flexible.

High taxes also drive companies costs up.

Combine these two and companies must find ways to cut costs or else their prices rise. When their prices rise people stop buying their product. It does not help workers when their companies are forced to close.

If enough people are poor, yes it will. The fact that the cost of living is rising means people are making and spending more money. Otherwise people would be dying of starvation.

The rest of the world has woken up and is emulating the American system. There is no stopping them. People in other countries have a right to have industry and jobs too.

Protectionism for industries that cannot compete does not work. Look at France with it’s high unemployment for an example of the failures of protectionism.

[quote]

This short termism may be great for the few, but it sure screws your fellow countrymen over.[/quote]

No it doesn’t. It helps them out. Instant communication and fast transportation has made this a smaller world. Get used to it. Adapt. Certain jobs are gone from our shores and will never return.

America was built on horrendous jobs like textiles. Does anyone want those back?

We are incredibly fortunate and too many people don’t know it. Who the hell wants to return to the shitty jobs of the old days where people worked harder in worse conditions, polluted our air and water and had a lower standard of living?

That’s what you get when you give corporations more rights than individuals and allow them to hijack your government.

That said, you seriously need to work on yoru attitude. What’s with the “I hate America” shit? Are you retarded?

[quote]lixy wrote:
That’s what you get when you give corporations more rights than individuals and allow them to hijack your government.

[/quote]

Speak for your own government. As usual you know nothing about this subject.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

If you are in England, why is it any of your business? [/quote]

This is hardly an American phenomenon. This has been happening for years in the UK as well.

I think you came to the wrong place. Here, I’ll help you out.

http://www.ilovetocomplain.com/

then, when you’re all finished up there, go here and make an account:

Then invite 10 random people to be your friends and keep them updated on how your middle class lifestyle is so unsatisfying.

Also, Pro Tip: Your father should start looking for a new job.

[quote]Joe D. wrote:
How on earth does exporting all blue collar jobs to foreign labour markets possibly help anyone except for the business owner? [/quote]

1. Cheaper priced goods.

2. Frees up domestic labor for newer and more innovative markets.

Since I got back from the military, nothing seems to piss me off more than people who haven’t experienced much hardship in life constantly complaining about their lives.

I guess once you see another country that would be described as “third world”, complaining because your dad has to change jobs moves further down the list of “shit to worry about” when there are people who have never even experienced what a hard wood floor feels like.

Zap,

This kids concerns reflect REAL problems that our generation is going to face economically. After manufacturing left the east-coast and became more concentrated in the south and midwest the east coast was left with two types of services sectors, high end and low end. The low end basically cater to high end. Techies, government bureaucrats, and financial service people are SERVED by unskilled workers at Starbucks, Wal-Mart etc…

There IS a problem with this. The low end service jobs do not provide a man with the necessary income to raise a family and feel proud of himself the way a union job “at the plant” could. So we are left with two-class system.

IMO, we need land redistribution and a revitalization of the small-farm. This would give low end workers the ability to work with dignity and provide quality goods to the rich service sector. Farms could sell 6$ a dozen pasture raised eggs of the highest quality for 6-8 $ a dozen without doing any damage to the economy. This is just an example, but the way our country is headed we need to look for examples from countries in Europe that already have adopted a “post-consumerist” lifestyle for a large portion of the population.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Since I got back from the military, nothing seems to piss me off more than people who haven’t experienced much hardship in life constantly complaining about their lives.

I guess once you see another country that would be described as “third world”, complaining because your dad has to change jobs moves further down the list of “shit to worry about” when there are people who have never even experienced what a hard wood floor feels like.

[/quote]

I feel you. One can come back from ANY shitty country and learn to love this place REALLY quickly. I’d mostly traveled in the West until I worked in China in 2004 and I have a new and undying love for this country. It’s not just economic either, it’s cultural. Nowhere else in the world do people understand me and allow me to relate to them so easily. I mean this is where I am from, I don’t quite fit in anywhere else as easily.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Zap,

This kids concerns reflect REAL problems that our generation is going to face economically. After manufacturing left the east-coast and became more concentrated in the south and midwest the east coast was left with two types of services sectors, high end and low end. The low end basically cater to high end. Techies, government bureaucrats, and financial service people are SERVED by unskilled workers at Starbucks, Wal-Mart etc…

There IS a problem with this. The low end service jobs do not provide a man with the necessary income to raise a family and feel proud of himself the way a union job “at the plant” could. So we are left with two-class system.

IMO, we need land redistribution and a revitalization of the small-farm. This would give low end workers the ability to work with dignity and provide quality goods to the rich service sector. Farms could sell 6$ a dozen pasture raised eggs of the highest quality for 6-8 $ a dozen without doing any damage to the economy. This is just an example, but the way our country is headed we need to look for examples from countries in Europe that already have adopted a “post-consumerist” lifestyle for a large portion of the population.[/quote]

Changes are coming. The only constant in life is change but I cannot believe you are proposing seizing land and forcing people to become small farmers.

People have been fleeing farming for generations!

This thread idea certainly went well.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
IMO, we need land redistribution and a revitalization of the small-farm. This would give low end workers the ability to work with dignity and provide quality goods to the rich service sector. Farms could sell 6$ a dozen pasture raised eggs of the highest quality for 6-8 $ a dozen without doing any damage to the economy. This is just an example, but the way our country is headed we need to look for examples from countries in Europe that already have adopted a “post-consumerist” lifestyle for a large portion of the population.[/quote]

This is exactly why city folk need to stay as far away from farm issues as possible.

The small farm is the most inefficient way to grow crops there is.

I have no idea when the answer to America’s problems became small farms and pasture raised chickens, but it is undeniable that the origin of it started with city folk thinking they know a damn thing about farming.

[quote]joburnet wrote:
You want real problems then take your vacation and go to Sudan for a little while, then you’ll know real problems…
[/quote]

Word.
People who live in the first world and complaint about their countries,government etc etc should be deported to some fucking chaotic african country.
So that they learn to see things in perspective.

We don’t want you in Canada.

[quote]Horazio wrote:
joburnet wrote:
You want real problems then take your vacation and go to Sudan for a little while, then you’ll know real problems…

Word.
People who live in the first world and complaint about their countries,government etc etc should be deported to some fucking chaotic african country.
So that they learn to see things in perspective.[/quote]

So you are saying you can’t complain about ANYTHING, because there will always be someone in this world who are having bigger problems?

I don’t see why OP deserves to be flamed this much? It’s like people turn all aggressive because they feel he insulted their country. All he did was complaining about his current country, and asking if Canada would be a better place.

OP: I think you will experience the same thing in most other countries.

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
orion wrote:
smatsushima1 wrote:
I’m starting to hate America for its selfish greed and its overwhelming obsession about money. My dad is one year away from losing his job because his company is selling the mainframe computer to India and are absolutely not letting anyone know about it the managers aren’t saying one thing to their employees because they only want their job to be safe and no one else. I really don’t like where this nation is heading in terms of its economy, which I guess fuels everything.

So how is life in Canada? How much different is it? Weather, economy, job growth, education, etc. Cost of living especially. High or low?

Explain to me how it is selfish greed to move Jobs to India? Aren´t Indians human too? Net result will be that the same number of people, if not more, will have a job plus the shareholders benefit.

If you do not want that because it changes your life, who is selfish and greedy?

Plus, if your father sees the train coming from one year ahead it would be wise to have changed jobs by then.

It’s selfish greed because the companies don’t export labor to help the foreign laborers, they do it so they can pay a lot less for the labor. Other nations don’t have a minimum wage, so companies cut production costs by 25%+. This is happening so much in America that now 50%+ of all jobs are service jobs, not production jobs of any sort. This is making America’s economics more and more dependent on other countries, some thing we need to stop.
[/quote]

That is not the point.

Of course the owners are selfish, as are the Indians and apparently you.

So why is your selfishness better or more deserving than others?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
IMO, we need land redistribution and a revitalization of the small-farm. This would give low end workers the ability to work with dignity and provide quality goods to the rich service sector. Farms could sell 6$ a dozen pasture raised eggs of the highest quality for 6-8 $ a dozen without doing any damage to the economy. This is just an example, but the way our country is headed we need to look for examples from countries in Europe that already have adopted a “post-consumerist” lifestyle for a large portion of the population.

This is exactly why city folk need to stay as far away from farm issues as possible.

The small farm is the most inefficient way to grow crops there is.

I have no idea when the answer to America’s problems became small farms and pasture raised chickens, but it is undeniable that the origin of it started with city folk thinking they know a damn thing about farming. [/quote]

I am wondering about the European “post consumerist” life style.