I Guess I'm Just Not Hardcore Enough

So, after seeing that hardcore diet youtube video in some other thread with the Japanese guy drinking 20 straight egg whites, and having a frozen raw(?) chicken smoothie, I figured I would give something like that a try.

While having lunch today of teriyaki chicken and steamed carrots, I got about 2/3 of the way through and then figured, screw it, I’ll throw the rest in the blender and see what happens.

What happened: Most disgusting thing I’ve ever had in my mouth. At first it was this still-warm mush since all I threw in was the chicken, carrots, and some water. Blended, but still so thick it had to be chewed before I could swallow it.

Then I threw in some ice cubes to try to cool it off and smooth it out with the extra water. Slightly better, but gagged while trying to drink it straight down, and I knew that was going to be it for trying to drink that sludge. If I’d tried again, I probably would have just puked all over my table and laptop.

I guess I’m just not hardcore enough.

Don’t feel bad. Then im only as hardcore as raw eggs :wink:

But seriosuly over in the far east, they have some weird shit on a regular basis. I’ve seen candied strawberry flavored salmon, Squid lollipops, and they try to make it all cool to us by naming it some ancient samauri bullshit like, oh this is called “kaisakurahakaikarigama” and its like broiled pig nuts or something.

Eh. Raw eggs in a smoothie are nothing. They make a good liquid base and generally make the thing creamier.

Don’t know how they are straight though.

But on another note, if you want to get used to eating things raw, Beef Tenderloin by far has to be the best.

take a 6 oz beef tenerloin and dice it up really really small, mix in some chopped red onion, lemon juice, pinch of slat, shallots, garlic, parsley, make a side salad with it with some roasted garlic white wine vinaigrette MMMMM that shit is DANK.

You can do it with salmon and tuna too!

That does sound rancid. Replace the carrots with roasted red peppers and some little chillis for spice and you might have something. A nice acidy citrus would be good too.

And screw that teriake sauce altogether. Shitake or Maitake will add a nice umami to your oriental style dishes.

[quote]Sarev0k wrote:

But seriosuly over in the far east, they have some weird shit on a regular basis. I’ve seen candied strawberry flavored salmon, Squid lollipops, and they try to make it all cool to us by naming it some ancient samauri bullshit like, oh this is called “kaisakurahakaikarigama” and its like broiled pig nuts or something.[/quote]

We’re just frugal as shit and don’t like to waste any part of the animal. It’s all just protein and fat anyway.

Last week I tried

1 boiled chicken breast
1 can low sodium V8
boiled spinach
italian seasoning
some cheddar cheese
olive oil
splash of milk

And the texture was brutal, taste wasn’t terrible

Why all of a sudden are you guys judging yourselves on what you can get down your throat?

Just eat food in its normal form and enjoy it. Why complicate things just to prove you’re “hardcore” (whatever the fuck THAT means).

I ate a poptart…

… WITHOUT TOASTING IT!!! I’M SO HARDCORE BABY!! YEAH!!! GGGRRRRRRR!!!

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I ate a poptart…

S[/quote]

That’s disgusting… and you’re really just doing it to compensate for a small dick.

lol

I ate a poptart…

S[/quote]

Good lord, messing with fire there Stu haha :slight_smile:

[quote]fivefeetoffury wrote:

[quote]Sarev0k wrote:

But seriosuly over in the far east, they have some weird shit on a regular basis. I’ve seen candied strawberry flavored salmon, Squid lollipops, and they try to make it all cool to us by naming it some ancient samauri bullshit like, oh this is called “kaisakurahakaikarigama” and its like broiled pig nuts or something.[/quote]

We’re just frugal as shit and don’t like to waste any part of the animal. It’s all just protein and fat anyway. [/quote]

Very true. Chicken Feet is considered quite a good dish in most Dim Sum places. In the Philippines they eat Balut - which is a “a fertilized duck (or chicken) egg with a nearly-developed embryo inside that is boiled and eaten in the shell.” (from Wiki).

[quote]carbiduis wrote:
Last week I tried

1 boiled chicken breast
1 can low sodium V8
boiled spinach
italian seasoning
some cheddar cheese
olive oil
splash of milk

And the texture was brutal, taste wasn’t terrible[/quote]

Don’t ever tell anyone that you care for that you actually can cook. :wink:

I ate a poptart…

S[/quote]

My housemate does that out of laziness and it gets on my tits. That ain’t hardcore; that’s just plain ol’ stupid.

Everyone know the proper way to eat pop tarts is with ice cream

slideshow related : http://www.slashfood.com/2010/05/26/a-new-kind-of-ice-cream-sandwich/

[quote]fivefeetoffury wrote:

[quote]Sarev0k wrote:

We’re just frugal as shit and don’t like to waste any part of the animal. It’s all just protein and fat anyway. [/quote]

We dont waste any part of the animal either. We just use all the yummy parts and bury the rest… for fertilizer u know?

Putting nutella inbetween two strawberry pop tarts is heaven.

your referring to Katsumi Kitamura. during the first two minutes of the video is how he looked like before doing his crazy diet. and at 2:50 is his transformation. From what i remember he had zero carbs in his diet and he died shortly after taking this video transformation.