I Got to See a SNL Skit at the Gym

So I’m at the gym last night, and two guys walk in. They’re both about 150-160lbs… the sad thing is one of thems like 6’3. They both immediately hit the bench press (of course), then they go to the dumbbell rack (of course). They then proceed to whip out some wicked hammer curls, the likes of which I’ve never seen before. It was so ridiculous that I just had to video tape it lol. The one pretty much kept his arms locked in a 90 degree position and used his shoulders to move the dumbbell up to his face.

The tall gangling one stood there right next to his butt buddy and flung the weight around like a person having a seizure. I understand people who have never been shown the right way to lift making mistakes… every one of us started out not knowing what we were doing. But I thought it was common sense that flinging the weight around was not going to do anything for you (except maybe throw out your back). It honestly looked like a Saturday night live skit.

that looks pretty common, at least around here

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Only you can prevent forest fires.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

Only you can prevent forest fires.[/quote]

lol.

Actually they say “Wild fires” in the commercials now, get your facts straight.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

lol.

Actually they say “Wild fires” in the commercials now, get your facts straight.[/quote]

Seems to me that “wild fires” would be natural in origin, in which case you couldn’t prevent them, whereas “forest fires,” especially those started by people, could be prevented.

Just saying.

Oh hey wait a second…

you’re not supposed to curl like that?

Hmmm, maybe that’s why my arms aren’t growing.

haha nice work getting that on video, did you hide the camera in any way?

It’s probably some kind of crossfit movement.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
that looks pretty common, at least around here[/quote]

I see more of the younger guys seizuring with DBs at my gym.

What’s sad is that it looks like they’re doing THAT with…30 lb dumbbells.

it’s worse that you had a camera in the gym with you and filmed it…WORK OUT!!!

That’s a special kind of special.

[quote]bicepenvy wrote:
it’s worse that you had a camera in the gym with you and filmed it…WORK OUT!!![/quote]

All of your posts I have seen thus far just confirm for me that you are an unwelcome addition to these forums.

You say some ignorant shit.

[quote]ctschneider wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

lol.

Actually they say “Wild fires” in the commercials now, get your facts straight.

Seems to me that “wild fires” would be natural in origin, in which case you couldn’t prevent them, whereas “forest fires,” especially those started by people, could be prevented.

Just saying.

[/quote]

Go tell Smokey that!

I agree though.

haha… to answer the camera questions… i keep my phone in my gym bag while i work out, which i keep with me bc with my job I have to keep my phone on me… It was so funny that I had to stop what I was doing and pull my phone out to video it. And no I didnt hide it… they were in their own little world and I just stood there and did it and other people were laughing too lol.

Normally I do help people when I see them doing something retarded… but in this case I was in the middle of my work out and getting a good pump and didnt want to take a 30 minute break to show them stuff.

Oh and those wernt 30’s those were 25’s lol

oh i’ve read about that lift before.

the bent-arm speed-curl. it’s really becoming more and more popular in some circles.

we have something at our gym called the “BCT” or better known as the “Brazilian Curling Team”

they are top notch curlers, and are not afraid to prove it to themselves a few times a week.

good work w/ the video man. i found it funny.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
bicepenvy wrote:
it’s worse that you had a camera in the gym with you and filmed it…WORK OUT!!!

All of your posts I have seen thus far just confirm for me that you are an unwelcome addition to these forums.

You say some ignorant shit.[/quote]

x2

Dude. You never been to France man. Work out a french gym. That’s every other person, what you see there…

[quote]mavrcksurfer69 wrote:
haha… to answer the camera questions… i keep my phone in my gym bag while i work out, which i keep with me bc with my job I have to keep my phone on me… It was so funny that I had to stop what I was doing and pull my phone out to video it. And no I didnt hide it… they were in their own little world and I just stood there and did it and other people were laughing too lol.

Normally I do help people when I see them doing something retarded… but in this case I was in the middle of my work out and getting a good pump and didnt want to take a 30 minute break to show them stuff.

Oh and those wernt 30’s those were 25’s lol[/quote]

I don’t notice people standing around laughing at other people in my gym. Mainly people focused on what they are doing themselves. Sometimes I see younger guys doing things incorrectly, but I don’t feel like correcting them, but it never occurs to me to laugh at them. I saw a guy doing lying triceps extenions and really busting his ass at it. Trouble was, he was actually doing pullovers. He got a helluva back workout and didn’t even realize it.

The only guy that really draws my ire in the gym is the one that is making alot of noise to draw attention to himself. When that happens, I will look at him until he looks back at me, and then give him the “shhhhh” sign. It has never failed.
Please don’t be “that guy” that laughs at other people in the gym. 1)We were all young and inexperienced once, and 2) at least they are in there giving it a try.

They’re just doing weighted dances to improve their speed.

[quote]40&Big wrote:
mavrcksurfer69 wrote:

Oh and those wernt 30’s those were 25’s lol

I don’t notice people standing around laughing at other people in my gym. Mainly people focused on what they are doing themselves. Sometimes I see younger guys doing things incorrectly, but I don’t feel like correcting them, but it never occurs to me to laugh at them. I saw a guy doing lying triceps extenions and really busting his ass at it. Trouble was, he was actually doing pullovers. He got a helluva back workout and didn’t even realize it.

The only guy that really draws my ire in the gym is the one that is making alot of noise to draw attention to himself. When that happens, I will look at him until he looks back at me, and then give him the “shhhhh” sign. It has never failed.
Please don’t be “that guy” that laughs at other people in the gym. 1)We were all young and inexperienced once, and 2) at least they are in there giving it a try.

[/quote]
Nah I didnt mean it to be mean, just having a good laugh thats all. The fact that everyone has done something stupid when they first started is what makes it funnier. Sometimes we dont realize just how dumb we look until a few years later we look and see someone else starting out. … My intention wasnt to be mean, just posting it for a good laugh.