I Got Fat Again... Ugh.

Heres my deal…

Im 22 years old, 5’11 and 220 pounds… About 8 months ago I was about 200 pounds. 3 years ago I was at my max weight which was about 270 pounds. (Damn life was different then)

So I gained this extra 20 pounds, which I belive was a bit of muscle and a bit of fat, But i was a little concerned cause I was gaining weight.

I work in a cabinetmaking shop where im the young strong guy who all the old guys get to lift all there heavy stuff, I dont really mind =) Its like getting paid to goto the gym, and with that mentality I usualy try to work really fast and hard. As for gaining some fat I sorta went off my diet that I had going.

I goto the gym everyday after work for about 45-60min lifting weights. Uper 3days, lower 2 days, switching back and forth. I’ve been doing this for the last 7 weeks solid, and im starting to notice some nice results now.

My weight hasent changed much (if at all) That number isnt really what concerns me its just that i have this layer of fat that is hiding my muscle that I want to get rid of, and im wondering if just weight lifting will eventully get rid of the fat? I’d love to eventully get back down to 200 pounds.

[quote]Cap wrote:

and im wondering if just weight lifting will eventully get rid of the fat?

No, your nutrition plan will be the most important thing BY FAR!!! Lifting and energy system work will help. But lifting alonge WILL NOT get you to where you need to be w/o eating properly.

Danny

Weightlifting alone won’t do it. You need to switch to a diet that will promote fatloss. Or give Hot-ROX a try, it works great even when you want to slack off…:slight_smile:

I think this should help, lots of protein, veggies and good fats. Olive Oil and natty peanut butter are good choices. Eat all fo your carbs in the six hours after your work out. Read or re-read massive eating and massive eating reloaded. keep an food log and sleep amap.
Good Luck
Will42

[quote]Cap wrote:
im the young strong guy who all the old guys get to lift all there heavy stuff, I dont really mind =) Its like getting paid to goto the gym, and with that mentality I usualy try to work really fast and hard. As for gaining some fat I sorta went off my diet that I had going.

I goto the gym everyday after work for about 45-60min lifting weights. Uper 3days, lower 2 days, switching back and forth. I’ve been doing this for the last 7 weeks solid, and im starting to notice some nice results now.

[/quote]

Diet and weight training are both equally important and one won’t work anywhere near as well without the other.

I also think that you could be doing too much lifting. Your job involves some pretty heavy lifting by the sounds of it and then 5 weight training sessions per week on top of that. I think that you could probably do with giving your muscles time to recover.

If your main aim at the moment is to lose fat I would recommed including some cardio work as well. I’m a big fan of sprint intervals, notably JB’s protocol of sprinting for 30secs followed by light jogging for 90secs.

5 Days per week at the gym may be too much for you. Most people don’t know this but too much exercise MAKES YOU FAT! It’s a defense mechanism your body employs to store enough energy (fat) incase you ever had to do all this work and food was scarce. Try reducing your frequency (days per week) and/or reducing the volume of training. If you can go three or four times per week, I’d suggest an Ian King routine as they are lower in volume than most programs. If you love to go the gym 5/week, I’d suggest reading Power to the People by Pavel Tsatsouline. The book has a 5/week program that will suit your needs.

Diet and supplementation will make a world of difference in your bodyfat levels. Try a good fish oil supplement, 9 gs / day and HOT-ROX. Lots of protein, greens and smart fats will help out.

Let us know how this goes.

Thanks for the help guys, I’m going to start a log on all of the foods I’m eating now… and I might cut back on the gym to 4 days a week… I love going… I always have so much fun and feel so wicked after so it will be hard.