I Got a lot Ahead of Me

I really don’t but I learn from my mistakes and I plan accordingly to them.

You will forgive me if I am unable to believe you.

5 Likes

Thats understandable

Dude…I’m around your age. Hop on 5/3/1. Peaking isn’t necessary, especially if we’re not competing. I fell into the trap of doing heavy singles and doubles regularly. I did some bullshit program that I found online, and I made zero progress in 3 months. I can honestly say that for looks AND strength, volume stuff is the way to go. I’m stronger than I was when I started 5/3/1 5 months ago. And I don’t know about you, but I’d rather be able to bench 225 at 5:30 in the morning while half asleep than to have peaked for it because half asleep strength is strength that you have 24/7. Train at your worst to be at your best. I train in the early morning hours almost all the time, to the point where I believe that PM training is almost like a “peak” in itself (because of the nutrition taken in throughout the day, moving around beforehand, being more primed to lift, etc.). I also suffer from a fair share of chronic health issues. I strictly believe that training while feeling like absolute garbage gives one both a lesson in mental toughness and the ability to do better when feeling well! The same carryover does not apply when you make it a point to train at your best.

7 Likes