T Nation

I Found Out These Two Programs...

but bfore let me sa I first posted on bodybuilders but i was ignored, so i'll do it here then...

it's been a while since i was last on here and i got some questions that i need some assistance with. Let start by saying that i first was on Mark's SS for about six months then moved on to Hypertrophic ST for about 2 cycles actually like 4 months and now i wanna start something new something with more rep and sets if nessesary to make more muscle gains.

I was thinking about that dog training i can't quite remember the name but if you guys have other routines for the stage i'm in the let me know please after that ill do the research. Thanks for the attention.

I'm 6'1 220lb my 2 sets of 5 rep max are as fallows...
.bench 270 lb
.squat(legs below parallel and not too close together bcuz this makes it easier) 295 lb
.wide dips 85 lbs
.barbell bent rows (parallel to floor)190 lb
.stiff leg deads(touching floor w/ fists, no belt) 295 lbs
.skull crushers 130 lb.
That's it i wont give you my entire workout keep in mind that these are the results at the end of 2 cycles of Hpertrophic Secific Training. the previous workout was Mark's SS which i didn't like too much.

doggcrapp?

Sorry about my other thread guys i tried quoting on one but messed it up and decided not to fix it, anyway, i found out about these 2 programs called Escalating Density Training (EDT), and Dorian Yate's intermediate program. I chose these 2 due to the fact that they just look plain and simple the others that i saw look too complicated and i thought they seemed too advance.

I believe though EDT is for more advance triners, please opiniate on these matter as i'm starting to work out again this coming monday after taking not one but 2 weeks of strategic deconditioning and eating absolutely worhtless food. Thank you.

Someone told me that dogcrap is for advance bodybuildrs so i guess this ones out of the question from now on but thanks for at least clarifying the name. You're the only one who has replied with something.

Time to get out of the beginners forum. You're not one anymore.

Check out the original post on top. It's puzzling

EDT is quite a good program, just don't train in a crowded gym, or you won't be able to pair exercises (that's why I don't do it anymore). If you choose it, be ready to undergo a very humbling experience, as you'll discover you're not as fit as you think :slight_smile: At least, that was my experience with it! Eat a lot, as it's a very demanding program, and remeber to take an easy week (10 mins of PR zone instead of 20) every 4-5 weeks.

ok i just saw the shotgun method but it really doesn't tell you how to increament and i've searched other sites but with no luck. How exactly are you suposse to advanve in this program.?

Increase load when you can complete all the sets and reps.

I like this program is pretty straight forward but i'm pretty sure after a few weeks the progress will stall and most programs have phases that let you take some easy days but fallowing a pattern. This program does not say anything about that i guess when i stall i must move on to something else, hopefully i'm not releiving my own inquiry, but anyway if there' anything about this program that i should know then enlighten me plz. I'll be leaving EDT behind if everything stays on track. There's also something that i want to do that is a first for me...cardio, i was planning on doing it 3 times a week for 20 mins i want to lose a little bit of that xtra fat.

So far, I'm doing well cutting the volume (# of set) in half when stalling on a program (which normally happens after 4-6 weeks); you can use this guideline for Shotgun method too.

If your gym isn't too crowded, or you can manage using DBs, BBs and machines, go with EDT: you'll lose a good bunch of fat on it, if you really push yourself.

I'll just go with the shotgun and see how it goes. What about the cardio though 3 times a week moderate heart rate for 20 mins? I also tried looking for pic or videos of how to perform decline dumbbel extensions but all i got was dumbbel tricep extensions so if plz you know anything about this movement then let me know.

1) For quick fat loss, perform HIIT (google around);

2) decline dumbell extensions: tricpes dumbell extensions on a decline bench;

EDT is for any range of athlete. I use EDT with many semi-new clients.

If you are looking for more mass gain then use about a 75% effort on sets of 5 for a 10 minute PR zone. After the first 7 minutes start going to 100% effort on each set. Start with 2 PR zones and then add another in after a week or two.

Sets of 3 at 60-70% are great to for 10 min mass PR zones.

You can also pair easily by using DB's and so forth on one lift. All it takes is a little program management specific to your gym area.

have fun,

-chris

1) Actually, I have a hard time figuring out how someone who trains big lifts HEAVY with a good amount of volume can be overweight, but it's just 'cause I'm a skinny bastard struggling for every ounce of muscle...:slight_smile:
2) Yes, just that :slight_smile:
3) RFLOL :slight_smile:
4) And with you also ! ! !

Hey, chris, very nice ideas on EDT; actually, I think it works any way you tweak it...I used it with singles above 85% 1RM (one exercise per PR zone of 15', two PR each WO, three WOs a week), Oly lifts, bw exercises...I'll be doing it in the future, as soon as I can train home again (instead of that shitty fitness "gym" with only ONE squat rack and NO power rack I'm going now...).

[quote]Avocado wrote:

If you are looking for more mass gain then use about a 75% effort on sets of 5 for a 10 minute PR zone. After the first 7 minutes start going to 100% effort on each set. Start with 2 PR zones and then add another in after a week or two.

You can also pair easily by using DB's and so forth on one lift. All it takes is a little program management specific to your gym area.

have fun,

-chris[/quote
I appreciate the effort dude but i've already started Shotgun, EDT might be something of the future. =))

[quote]Avocado wrote:

have fun,

-chris[/quote
I appreciate the effort dude but i've already started Shotgun, EDT might be something of the future. =))