I fought a mastiff/boxer dog last night and won

1. I walk a lot of dogs, I think about this scenario fairly often. My plan a is find a big stick, plan b is flying kicks to the ribs/skull, plan c is let the dog die.

2. I was watching a documentary on PBS about Haitian street kids. This kid is wandering around and a dog comes at him. He grabs the dogs upper and lower jaw at the widest point of his bark with his bare hands and holds it there. The owners show up and the kid is like get a leash or next time I rip your dogs face off.

Kid was like 11 years old. Wouldn’t beleive it if I didn’t see it. In person. On television.

A boxer is 65-85 pounds and are pussies unless trained not to be, most times they just want to play. A mastiff is 2 to 3 times that size and could kill a person if it wanted/was trained to. SOOOO yea, kinda hard to mix up those 2 breeds unless the boxer was a giant or the mastiff was a puppy…cool story bro.

A few years ago I started a thread titled “You vs a Pit Bull”. The intention of the tread was too discuss how to handle a dog if you had too. What I learned from that thread, had I been in your position of defending a dog, I would have grabbed the attacking dog by the two hind legs and pulled him away. A dog can’t do shit when held this way.

About a year after that thread I was nearly attacked by a german Shepherd and went to update the thread with the story but found out TC destroyed the thread. TC is a bull pup lover and I think he decided such a thread would only contribute to the negative stereo type of Pitts, so he didn’t just close it, he wiped it out of existence. Haha

My story is not nearly as exciting as the OP’s but here goes. I was walking around the block holding my 9 month old son. We’re walking down the middle of the street and I hear the sound of a loud TV coming out of a house. I look and the front door is wide open then I see this dog come flying out straight at us. He’s not barking, he’s at full throttle, clearly means business. I move my son to the other arm and side step back a few feet.

I set my feet, crouch down a bit and rotate my body with my fist up so the baby is actually closer to the dog but this will give me more punching power for when the dog lunges at me. The dog gets to about 6 feet away and stops dead in his tracks and starts barking. His bark then starts to get kind of whinny and he backs off a little. It struck me that he realized my son & I were human and not some kind of two headed monster and he was quite embarrassed over the whole thing. Having that thought I relaxed my posture but the dog started to get serious again. So did I. I started waving and yelling and backing the dog up. By this time the owner must have woken from his nap and came out and got the dog.

[quote]ucallthatbass wrote:
A boxer is 65-85 pounds and are pussies unless trained not to be, most times they just want to play. A mastiff is 2 to 3 times that size and could kill a person if it wanted/was trained to. SOOOO yea, kinda hard to mix up those 2 breeds unless the boxer was a giant or the mastiff was a puppy…cool story bro.[/quote]

I originally though it was a mastiff cross boxer type breed but just had it confirmed by the police, it’s actually a male american bulldog weighing approx 45kg. It was dark and seemed to be over in a flash so i guess it was easy for me to mix up.

Having just googled the breed i found this piccie which looked exactly like the dog in question

http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/pets4homes/home.nsf/E3F2A5C079E64F39802575ED00521700/$file/small_AbrUk-Nkc-HinesOsw-American-Bulldog-2481.jpg

or this

http://dogsbreed.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/american-bulldog.jpg

Just with different markings. Damn i feel lucky, think my heart got the better of me :stuck_out_tongue: