I Forgot to Sign Up for Thursday PT

I being teamed up here…

I knew they would hurt. I hope they help.

Cost to Benefit Analysis?

[quote]lwade wrote:
I know how you feel Gary. Dan did stuff like that to me when he use to come to Vermont to visit/introduce me to stuff like plyos. Hope you are well
Lonnie
Gary John wrote:
I had to back off the 2x85% deadlift and 6 plyo jumps today. I almost couldn’t sleep last night and sitting was extremely painful. Anyways, I just did 10 sets of hill sprints and ran a mile. Legs feel great. I think anyone who is interested in this Barry Ross program will get fast results.

I need to try this again, but maybe I need to do it once a week. I think it would be a great addition to your training program.

[/quote]

[quote]Danny John wrote:
You are on the right track…you answered all the questions yourself… I like a rep or two left in the tank, yes, Hang Snatches can suck.
[/quote]

Thanks Dan. I think one of the main problems I have is that my gym doesn’t have a lifting platform or a place to safely drop the weights, which sort of plays on my mind a bit and I think stops me from really going all out on the lift because I’m afraid of losing it behind me.

However they are doing some extensions to the gym at the moment and I put in a request to get a platform made up. The staff member really liked the idea and forwarded it to the manager, so we’ll see what happens, the O-lifting situation might improve after all!

Ben

Thank You. I’ll give it a try.

Had to google JDCHS. Hope you’re enjoying your new job.

A massive weightroom, dozens of lifters, excited people…

Yeah…it’s okay…

[quote]rodger1 wrote:
Thank You. I’ll give it a try.

Had to google JDCHS. Hope you’re enjoying your new job.[/quote]

They were great once the pain wore off. I am greatful that you showed them to me. But I was cursing you every morning I woke after. Now I get to do this to my throwers.

[quote]Danny John wrote:
I being teamed up here…

I knew they would hurt. I hope they help.

Cost to Benefit Analysis?

lwade wrote:
I know how you feel Gary. Dan did stuff like that to me when he use to come to Vermont to visit/introduce me to stuff like plyos. Hope you are well
Lonnie
Gary John wrote:
I had to back off the 2x85% deadlift and 6 plyo jumps today. I almost couldn’t sleep last night and sitting was extremely painful. Anyways, I just did 10 sets of hill sprints and ran a mile. Legs feel great. I think anyone who is interested in this Barry Ross program will get fast results.

I need to try this again, but maybe I need to do it once a week. I think it would be a great addition to your training program.

[/quote]

Dan,
What is your take on the running and high reps of Cross Fit? Will they make a an experienced trainer (10+ years of weight training) lose muscle mass and lower max strength levels? Will the OLAD addition be enough to counter act this?
Do you know of any information to support CF’s claim that the neuroendocrine response from the high intensity level causes increased muscle mass? Will this occur in experienced trainers (10+ years)?

Ben

The longest I have ever seen is a 5 k run…which, to be honest, should be something an athlete can do. (I have a story about being awakened by a sobbing fellow teacher the morning of a 10 k needing a tenth person for the caterpiller…stumbling to the start and finishing well…without ANY running in about three months)

Crossfit’s mantra about mixing gymnists, O lifters and 800 meter runners is not a bad idea for the bulk of us. Let’s be honest, I have hung with some top 800 meter runners and they are studs in their own right. We have to get the image of the carb filled jogger out of our head here.

So, it is going to roll down to what you want to do. Those of us mixing OLAD and crossfit are discovering that the athletes are getting that great “What the Heck Effect”…the same thing Kettlebellers find…in training.

That is the key in sports. I can’t always explain why this person or that person dominates…but it is nice that they do…

[quote]bojo wrote:
Dan,
What is your take on the running and high reps of Cross Fit? Will they make a an experienced trainer (10+ years of weight training) lose muscle mass and lower max strength levels? Will the OLAD addition be enough to counter act this?
Do you know of any information to support CF’s claim that the neuroendocrine response from the high intensity level causes increased muscle mass? Will this occur in experienced trainers (10+ years)?

Ben [/quote]

[quote]Danny John wrote:
But, I’m here tonight. It’s been a busy week. I have a high school girl in volleyball and nominated for Homecoming royalty.

I must have sinned somewhere, sometime…[/quote]

Dan,
Your sister wants you and Gary to call her.
Lonnie

Someone asked a question about front squats and keeping the bar only on the fingertips. Here is Reza Zedah front squatting I think just over 600lbs for a double.

http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3SPSY34GCTH122DFMH5T6G5IT3

I just think it’s funny that your page at your high school

reads:

Subject(s): Weightlifting, Physical Education, Coach

Biography:

Which is in stark contrast to what you’d find here.