T Nation

I feel awful.....

Hi, my name is Oz (obviously) and I am new on this board when it comes to posting. I have been reading info on this board, etc for the last couple of years, yet very rarely post much info.

I apologize to those of you who read the “Lats” post. Believe it or not, that was not me posting (I never sign out and have this website bookmarked, and this shameful incident happened while I was visiting my brother in N. Carolina). The guily culprit (I’m not sure how to spell that word) was my younger brother being an idiot, and therefore, causing me to look bad to a lot of T-mag bros, whom I have come to respect.

He does not have a very good physique at all and is just now starting to get into the bodybuilding lifestyle.

As for some background about myself: I am an extremely dedicated bodybuilder (diet, training, researching, etc). My stats are as follows: 6’0, 248, 7.8% bodyfat. I hope to receive a pro card in bodybuilding within the near future.

Anywho, enough about me. I am once again very sorry about the ignorance of my younger brother (and I am honestly telling the truth). I look forward to getting to know each of you and I hope that I can contribute to the questions that each of you may have. This website and this forum have definitely helped me achieve some of my bodybuilding goals.

My dog ate my homework … honest.

If it wasn’t you, don’t feel sorry. Just explain the mixup and how you’re not at fault and everything’s peachy. Well, at least with me.

This forum is a tough crowd, huh?

Hey, no harm done.

Still think that you should post a pic, though. Let us see the results of your work!

Seven POINT EIGHT percent bodyfat? Curious what method you’re using to measure that.

Hey welcome to the Forum, No blood no foul…

-Colin

It’s people like you “MookJong” that piss me off. Why would I lie about something like this?? If that was truly me posting in the “Lats” post, then I would fess up to it and then (since obviously it was written as an egotistical, selfish, ignorant individual–sorry to say that John (my brother)) I would probably say something like “fuck off you ignorant puny shit.”

But that is neither my opinion nor my character. Sorry for you if you want to make ignorant remarks, but I guess you will have to live with that. Thanx to those who understand the mix-up and I, once again, can’t wait to get to know each of you better. As far as the pic goes, I will definitely have to get one posted on this site.

As far as my bodyfat measurement goes, that was taken approx 1 month ago. The measurement was taken my DEXA.

Underwater weighing is considered the gold standard by ACSM, however it has its flaws and everybody knows that DEXA is the most accurate measurement.

Those who don’t know what DEXA is, I can explain if you want. It is very expensive, but I got it done by a university for nearly nothing (because I agreed to be their experiment).

Oz, maybe I can explain the general feeling of the forum so you can see where people are coming from.

The first post we see from you is, to put it mildly, very egocentric. I know you’re saying that this wasn’t you, but that’s kind of a hard one to swallow. Your first post on this board is your little brother impersonating you? How did your brother know that you were planning on posting here under that name? I’m not saying it’s not a true story. I’m saying it’s very hard to believe given the cirumstances.

Secondly, even after all the initial post BS, you seem to have a paternal attitude even in your more recent postings (presumably as yourself). Telling people that you’re here to answer their questions and explain what things like DEXA are just sounds a little presumptuous. I realize that projecting tone and intentions are sometimes difficult over the internet, so I’ll assume you mean no harm by it.

I do hope that you don’t take this as an attack on you in any way. It’s just my attempt to let you see how others are viewing you at this moment. Hopefully things go more smoothly from here on out. Welcome to the forum.

Just a suggestion but why not drop oz name altogether and start fresh with a new name that no one would assocaite to your brother? Come back as Phil, Bob, Tom, Whatever…

Actually, DocT, if this guy has registered, and then doesn’t log out, then couldn’t anyone get on his computer and post a message under his name with this new format? I do agree with your points, though. My suggestion? If Oz’s brother really did post that message, Oz himself could get a great lat exercise by bending his arm at a right angle at the elbow, lifting it over his head, and then, in a simulated pullover, smack his elbow down on his brother John’s head. I don’t know, just an idea.

So, how are YOUR lats?