I Don't Warm Up, I Don't Stretch

I’ll try warming up that way to see if it helps. If it doesn’t then I’m skipping it.

What do you do now for your deadlift? You just go in, put 4 plates on and do a rep or how does that work?

You can interpret from it that you should warm up. I gather from it that there’s not sufficient proof that I should.

It’s worked for you so far.

zero injuries

So many ‘likable’ posts in this thread. Don’t want to spam everyone notifications too much, but, thanks for making this hotel stay more interesting.

I think warming up is cool, I get benefits from it. I even enjoy stretching certain muscles at times, might do couple before bed tonight.

5 Likes

Oh the irony.

1 Like

I only got to post 79 but I can’t help myself…

Who the hell ever said a lion or gazelle doesn’t tear some shit up when going from grazing to life or death sprint?

If the gazelle gets caught then he’s dead so we can’t ask him. I haven’t caught up to any lions post-kill recently to see if they pulled a hammy.

Those comparisons are ridiculous because there’s actually no way to verify their physical status. Perhaps this guy can explain what happened to him…

Both I think. Its looking more like my freshman philosophy class discussions right now tho. @exercisemachina being the student who thinks he’s smarter than the professor, @T3hPwnisher

If the professor is a feminist, fuck yeah I am.

If gazelles simply warmed up they would be king of the jungle

Lifting correctly prevents injury. Not warm ups and stretches.

1 Like

Chad Waterbury has touched on limited or no warm ups when training clients whom need to go from 0 to 60. Spec ops guys were his example. But he’s training them for a very specific circumstance. For everyone else, warm ups are included in his programs.

I don’t think there has ever been a time in my life where I felt too warmed up to lift. There have been plenty of times however, where I wished I had warmed up more.

Lol, my buddy who works at the gym I frequent told me about how some dude strolled in, loaded 315 right onto the bench, and promptly tore a pec.

2 Likes

Let me clarify that I’m not a total warmup atheist. I just consider intense lifting itself a sufficient warm up.

1 Like

By definition, a warm-up is not intense in its performance:

4 Likes

Warming up can the raise heart rate and circulation; this will loosen the joints and increase blood flow to the muscles.

Intense lifting can do all this too.

If light warm ups are so important, why do people try and find the closest parking spot at the gym parking lot?

1 Like

Appealing to authority is crucial when supporting your argument, which you have not done once in this entire thread

1 Like

Please define “intense” so I have a better idea of what you’re talking about.

With a higher risk of injury of course

Because walking through a parking lot doesn’t get you ready to bench 300 pounds

1 Like

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Supporting evidence is crucial. Where is your sufficient evidence that warming up prevents injury? What injuries does it prevent? Why can’t I just rely on proper form?

this thread is funny af

2 Likes