I Don't Warm Up, I Don't Stretch

No it’s not, I googled it and it came up for free.

And yes, I am. Harvard University. Have you heard of it?

1 Like

I’ll have the resident perform cataract surgery on them. That’ll blind 'em for sure.

Edit: Sorry, rough day in the OR this morning.

5 Likes

Can you play Purple Rain?

3 Likes

Did you actually read it? Appeal to authority is another fallacy btw

I see. What makes you think two years of weight training that has led you to a 410 deadlift exceeds the knowledge that others have accumulated over longer and more accomplished training history?

1 Like

Appeal to accomplishment!

Ha! Gotcha!

Oh, wait a sec…

3 Likes

The warm up isn’t what made them strong. Why not focus on what it was that did, and get to their level in less time spent at the gym?

Because your buddies house is the gym and he has a cool dog.

1 Like

Fuck dude, you must have really had a hard on for your philosophy 101 class this year

11 Likes

I can make it rain, put it wont be purple. or green.

1 Like

Yeah I actually paid attention in college. Graduated too

How do you know that the warmup does not have some other key value, perhaps enhancing the quality of the top sets or preventing injury?

(Right, you don’t know either of those things)

Have you ever watched a video of any top lifter training? You know that virtually all of them do some sort of warming up, right?

It’s hilarious that you invoked Arnold and Eddie Hall. Perhaps you might read up on their training a little bit. Please get back to me when you find the part that says they do no warmup sets.

2 Likes

Did they cover the argument from fallacy and the difference between logical arguments and empirical ones in undergrad, or is that graduate level?

2 Likes

It’s truly astounding to watch someone continue to argue with a dozen people that are all more advanced in the pursuit being discussed, and remain absolutely 100 percent convinced that HE is right and everyone else is the sheep falling for the scam of doing a few warmup sets.

3 Likes

I find it amazing how polarizing he is, as I’m notorious for never warming up for a competition, yet feel compelled to espouse its values when it comes to training.

If he had actually been successful, I woulda given him a listen. Instead, it took 100 posts to reveal a shocker 410lb deadlift.

5 Likes

Just as astounding is that people continue to respond.

15 Likes

Stretching and warming up hasn’t served me. But I haven’t deadlifted 600lbs, so I better do it.

You do not have sufficiently long training history or demonstrable success to know what will serve you well in the long run.

It is worth noting that the vast majority of really strong people do, in fact, warm up before doing heavy sets.

If you are intending to join their ranks, it may benefit you to follow their example.

You also keep conflating “stretching” and “warming up” as though they must be the same thing. It is possible to “warm up” in a number of ways, most of which are not “stretching.”