I dont want to be a fat f@#$ again!

I really want to try the Massive Eating protocol. There’s only one thing stopping me…fear. I put fat on soooo freakin’ easily, (but I put muscle on easily too). And according to the the Berardster, I would have to eat 4100 calories a day. I’m at 170 10% bf and wondering if I should lower the calories by 10% or so. I know I’m a freaking pussy but come on, I was fat my whole life, god knows I dont want to go back. But you know whats weird, I act as if I have a speedy metabolism, I fidget all day, and usually have tons of energy. But I put fat on pretty damn easy

DO IT! If you follow the recommendations JB outlined, you can't go wrong. It's not like jumping off a bridge (once you jump, there's no turning back!). If signs start to point in a bad direction, you can always resume what you were doing. I also take in 2 grams per kilo of bodyweight in carbs and .5 grams of whey per kilo of bodyweight for my protein pst-workout. Try stuffing this down in liquid form within 40 min. of your intense weight workouts.

Watts, one problem with most articles, is that they don’t mention that changing your eating habits drastically is a real bitch for a week or two. A lot of guys give up when they are ripping one every 20 seconds, are too bloated to train or fuck and to queasy to eat another meal.

I think the articles need to let guys know that if they have been eating only 2000-2500 calories per day, they need to build up slowly. If you know your normal daily calories, I would up it 200 per week till you get to the magic number. If you are only eating 2000 calories per day, you're gonna' get fat if you go right into the 4100. Years ago, when working with a top bodybuiling nutritionist, he had me go from my normal 2000-2200 calorie diet to 3100 calories over a 4 week period. My normal diet today is around 2500-2800. I'm about the same proportions as you are. If I went on a massive eating program it would take me two months to get to the magic number. No problem, I'm not in any hurry.

One more thing, the building up of calories, lets you monitor your bodyfat levels as well. If you notice the fat around your stomach getting thicker, then drop down 200 calories and let your body stabilize, before moving up any further. If after a few weeks, you decide to try upping again, and you start adding fat, well, then you’ve discovered your magic number at this stage of your development.

Watts…I think Bodz hit the nail right on the head, as far as looking at your intake now in relation to what you calculate that you’ll need. No need to expand on what’s been said by my man Bodz.

But, I just would like to let you know that I know exactly what you’re saying–about fear–and so do quite a few other fellas on the site. So you’re not alone. But it’s important to realize that the only way to overcome your fears is to confront and attack them. Take things slowly, my man, and it’ll be all good. The last thing you want to do is bust ass day in and day out in the gym, only to have inadequate nutrition–belive me, this has been plaguing me for too long. We’re here to support ya, dawg, so go after it!