T Nation

I Don't Wanna Be Bald

I’m only 21 years old and I have a NASTY scar on my skull from having my cranium split open for some hardcore surgery. If I didn’t have this deformed skull, I would just shave the damn thing, but right now the hair helps hide the scars, so looking like Mr. Clean just isn’t an option for me.

But I am thinning in the back, and I am scared of walking around looking like a lobotomy experiment gone wrong, since I am freakishly ugly as it is.

What can I do? I do NOT want to permanently destroy (or damage, even) my sex drive because that would negate the point of even having a good looking head of hair. Plus, I’m a metalhead. What can I do to save my hair? Or, at least slow down the loss until stem cell treatment is perfected or whatever?

If you’re already freakishly ugly, then you have to make that your style. Shave your head and show the scar off like you’re proud of it. Make your entire look the “mad scientists’s assistant” thing. Girls will dig that, 'cause it’s different. Just be confident and own the look.

A bald head is the answer to life itself.

That’s all I have to add to this thread.

Post a picture.

Chicks dig scars.

I have scars on my leg, ribs and face.

You’ll never know until you shave it man. Some people can pull it off. You should go for the Chuck Liddell look.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
A bald head is the answer to life itself.

That’s all I have to add to this thread.[/quote]

And a wifebeater vest.

A shaved head and a 'beater and youre ready to handle whatever life throws at you.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
A bald head is the answer to life itself.

That’s all I have to add to this thread.[/quote]

WERD!!!

Embrace it.

Don’t be upset that you’re “balding”.

WEAR IT.
You’re a man, and you should have no excuse for balding. You don’t need to have any excuse.
:slight_smile:
Just my $0.02

[quote]Dirty Tiger wrote:
Chicks dig scars.

I have scars on my leg, ribs and face.[/quote]

Too true, I am covered in major scars covering my stomach/chest/head/legs. Some of the freakier chic, esp those in metalhead circles dig’m…but esp Goth Girls & we all know Goth Girls are easy!!

they make special shampoo

It’s a hard call, but I recommend you embrace your scars. Confidence is tremendously appealing to women. More so than good hair.

But at 21, the girls (not women yet) your age are mostly immature, insecure and shallow. No offense, but it’s true. Physical beauty is extremely important to the younger crowd.

Shave your head and build up some massive pecs and a lean waist. Get a motorcycle (cruiser, not a crotch rocket) some tattoos and an attitude.

[quote]Dirty Tiger wrote:
Chicks dig scars.

I have scars on my leg, ribs and face.[/quote]

So do we get to cut you open to see those scars on your ribs?

[quote]Higher Game wrote:
I’m only 21 years old and I have a NASTY scar on my skull from having my cranium split open for some hardcore surgery. If I didn’t have this deformed skull, I would just shave the damn thing, but right now the hair helps hide the scars, so looking like Mr. Clean just isn’t an option for me.

But I am thinning in the back, and I am scared of walking around looking like a lobotomy experiment gone wrong, since I am freakishly ugly as it is.

What can I do? I do NOT want to permanently destroy (or damage, even) my sex drive because that would negate the point of even having a good looking head of hair. Plus, I’m a metalhead. What can I do to save my hair? Or, at least slow down the loss until stem cell treatment is perfected or whatever?[/quote]

Go to hairlosshelp.com and look at the archive Q&As with the various experts.

In short, finasteride is one of the most effective treatments. I have used it for 8 years with no problems and my hairloss stopped. Don’t get hung up on the stories about loss of sex drive. In the studies that occurred 3.8% of the time compared with 2.1% of the time in the placebo group! And everything returned to normal after cessation.

Nizoral shampoo has also been shown to increase hair growth as has minoxidil.

If you want to use finasteride buy the generic 5mg version (either Fincar or Finast) online and break it in to quarters.

[quote]lizard king wrote:
Dirty Tiger wrote:
Chicks dig scars.

I have scars on my leg, ribs and face.

So do we get to cut you open to see those scars on your ribs?[/quote]

No silly, that would just make more scars.

[quote]APE. wrote:
Dirty Tiger wrote:
Chicks dig scars.

I have scars on my leg, ribs and face.

Too true, I am covered in major scars covering my stomach/chest/head/legs. Some of the freakier chic, esp those in metalhead circles dig’m…but esp Goth Girls & we all know Goth Girls are easy!![/quote]

tell everyone you were a navy seal on a special assassination mission in the middle east when you were caught and had to fight your way out of an entire enemy military base with a knife.

[quote]texasguy wrote:
APE. wrote:
Dirty Tiger wrote:
Chicks dig scars.

I have scars on my leg, ribs and face.

Too true, I am covered in major scars covering my stomach/chest/head/legs. Some of the freakier chic, esp those in metalhead circles dig’m…but esp Goth Girls & we all know Goth Girls are easy!!

tell everyone you were a navy seal on a special assassination mission in the middle east when you were caught and had to fight your way out of an entire enemy military base with a knife.

[/quote]

That works too. A cool story to go along with a nasty scar. Shark attack, hit by an IED in Iraq, saved an old lady from a mugger…

[quote]PGJ wrote:
texasguy wrote:
APE. wrote:
Dirty Tiger wrote:
Chicks dig scars.

I have scars on my leg, ribs and face.

Too true, I am covered in major scars covering my stomach/chest/head/legs. Some of the freakier chic, esp those in metalhead circles dig’m…but esp Goth Girls & we all know Goth Girls are easy!!

tell everyone you were a navy seal on a special assassination mission in the middle east when you were caught and had to fight your way out of an entire enemy military base with a knife.

That works too. A cool story to go along with a nasty scar. Shark attack, hit by an IED in Iraq, saved an old lady from a mugger…

[/quote]

Or combine them. You were surfing in the Persian Gulf when suddenly a little old lady was attacked by a shark. You swam over to save her and after killing the shark with your barehands, you were hit by an IED while dragging the little old lady to safety.

Or you could just shave your head, have a ton of confidence and wear your battle wounds proudly!

Finasteride will not necessarily damage your sex drive. It can have bad effects for some people. But I use it, and I have an extremely high sex drive. Others use it with no adverse effects either.

i can understand where you are coming from. While I don’t have any scarring, etc. on my head, I did start thinning at around 21. Shaved my head and it works for me, but seeing that that is not a viable option for you, maybe check out some of the hair loss articles by will brink at www.brinkzone.com.

He’s got some interesting ideas and techniques(on top of alot of other useful info) on what you can do to possibly stop or at least slow down hair loss. I’ve tried a couple of the things he suggested and it seemed to help a bit, so maybe it’s worth a shot.

At the very least you’ll just be back to square one. Better than not trying anything, though. Good luck!