I Don't Use Steroids Because...

this thread gives me lawls

Waiting till I hit 200lbs naturally while at a fairly low BF%. As in 200lbs post cut.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
Polish Rifle wrote:
Airtruth wrote:
I don’t use roids, mainly because I try to stay away from processed foods and substances,

You equate steroids with processed foods?

In the dictionary, under the defintion of moron, it says, “See Airtruth.”

Is this the same dictionary you used to find “defintion”?[/quote]

ha pwned

if i liked having tits id just stay fat.

Why risk getting caught and having my ring stretched when i can just work dilligently and still have a decent body.

[quote]tubbynewb wrote:

Why risk getting caught and having my ring stretched when i can just work dilligently and still have a decent body.

[/quote]

HAHA, “having my ring stretched” I’ve never heard it put like that before and it really gave me a good laugh!

I’d be all for giving a cycle or two a shot in a year or two (when I’m 25ish) if the laws weren’t so crazy. I’d rather try to convince a doctor to prescribe me hGH to “help tighten loose skin” than deal with even the suspicion of juicing.

[quote]tubbynewb wrote:

[/quote]

isn’t bodybuilding about having the best body you can? :open_mouth:

[quote]jtg987 wrote:

• the laws on steroids in australia are incredibly harsh and makes it impossible too get it into the country[/quote]

If you wanted them you would not have any trouble getting them in Australia.

[quote]DragnCarry wrote:
jtg987 wrote:

• the laws on steroids in australia are incredibly harsh and makes it impossible too get it into the country

If you wanted them you would not have any trouble getting them in Australia.
[/quote]

Yeah I can get them as I know two dealers but by the time I feel like I’m at the point where it would be productive to use them knowing my luck they’d either be in jail or even harsher penalties

im all for the hgh to help with the loose skin when ive lost all my fat but illegal steroids is just a bad idea.

ive had steroids injected into an injury site to help with recovery by a doctor and i gotta tell you guys it fucking burns. my entire arm went dead and i hurt for a couple of days.

and yes i could get them too, i just dont want them, along with ring stretching and enlarged organs i dont want the pimples either.

…because i’m 19 and low test is the last thing i need to worry about.

I don’t use steroids because my testosterone level is OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!

Unless you are trying to make a living from your physique/some sport there is simply no need to use steroids. You can make great progress above what most people actually believe possible with dedication and honest hard work - most people are just not willing to make the commitment and do what it takes to get the results.

That and the constant yo-yo effect from feeling big and strong whilst ‘on’ to feeling weak and small when ‘off’ would just mess your head up.

[quote]JamFly wrote:
Unless you are trying to make a living from your physique/some sport there is simply no need to use steroids. You can make great progress above what most people actually believe possible with dedication and honest hard work - most people are just not willing to do what it takes to get results period.

That and the constant yo-yo effect from feeling big and strong whilst ‘on’ to feeling weak and small when ‘off’ would just mess your head up.[/quote]

personal opinion,
which I will not knock you on your opinion,I do respect that you have one.

but to set a few things straight,and this is not the thread to argue the use/non-use of AAS or anything related I just have to make a point if you please.

point one,I did agree with you on the “need” but once learning about them I changed my mind.
everyone has their own personal needs for taking steroids.
some is to get bigger and look best they can for contest,some if for strength for strongman ect,some is for personal gain. and a better sense of well being
try telling the over 35 crowd that are on HRT that they have no “need” for hrt.
which is true they will not die without it but They will all argue that infact that they do need it.

I say a person needs to make up their own mind if they need them or not and make an unbiased,informed choice on the matter.

I see alot of ignorance in this thread,about as much as in the media and out in the streets.
its just more mindless parroting of information from the tv and radio.
no offense to anyone but I am stating a fact.

Point,2
you said the Yo-Yo effect.
whene you are on steroids you gain strength yes,but I assure you that it is nothing superhuman. you can do a few more reps and you have better recovery time,and better use of your food to build muscle.
simply put,it makes hard work a little bit more rewarding.but its nothing like what the media says,you blow up and then you will drop back where you were without them,simply not true.
there is not a drastic yo-yo effect where you are strong on cycle and weak off

the muscle you do earn while on cycle is your own muscle.
it will not go away magicly just as it will not appear magicly.
there is hard work to be done both on and off.
if you have seen some of the logs in the steroid section,you will see that some of these men in there work like dogs to get where they are. and they work just as hard off cycle as they do on.
lifting like a manaic is not the steroids it is the work ethic of the person himself.

I can also assure you that the choice is based on the person there is no right,or wrong answer to why you do or do not take them.
but it is the stupid people taking them the wrong way,like any supplement that has caused the bad press.
and 90% of the media hype about steroids are flat out LIES.
to scare people.
fact is that the good of responsibly taking steroids far outweight any bad.
but again that is a personal choice to be made.
but do not go out and jump on the next drug dealer you see and ask for steroids,no it is an important step and a very powerful and important tool in any BBer bag of tricks and should be used cautiously.

thank you for allowing me to hijack and ramble.

[quote]Nich wrote:
JamFly wrote:
Unless you are trying to make a living from your physique/some sport there is simply no need to use steroids. You can make great progress above what most people actually believe possible with dedication and honest hard work - most people are just not willing to do what it takes to get results period.

That and the constant yo-yo effect from feeling big and strong whilst ‘on’ to feeling weak and small when ‘off’ would just mess your head up.

personal opinion,

but to set a few things straight,and this is not the thread to argue the use/non-use of AAS or anything related I just have to make a point if you please.

point one,I did agree with you on the “need” but once learning about them I changed my mind.
some is to get bigger and look best they can for contest,some if for strength for strongman ect,some is for personal gain. and a better sense of well being
which is true they will not die without it but They will all argue that infact that they do need it.

I say a person needs to make up their own mind if they need them or not and make an unbiased,informed choice on the matter.

I see alot of ignorance in this thread,about as much as in the media and out in the streets.

Point,2
whene you are on steroids you gain strength yes,but I assure you that it is nothing superhuman. you can do a few more reps and you have better recovery time,and better use of your food to build muscle.
simply put,it makes hard work a little bit more rewarding.but its nothing like what the media says,you blow up and then you will drop back where you were without them,simply not true.

if you have seen some of the logs in the steroid section,you will see that some of these men in there work like dogs to get where they are. and they work just as hard off cycle as they do on.
lifting like a manaic is not the steroids it is the work ethic of the person himself.

I can also assure you that the choice is based on the person there is no right,or wrong answer to why you do or do not take them.
but it is the stupid people taking them the wrong way,like any supplement that has caused the bad press.
to scare people.
but do not go out and jump on the next drug dealer you see and ask for steroids,no it is an important step and a very powerful and important tool in any BBer bag of tricks and should be used cautiously.

[/quote]

As you can read in my post I did qualify my opinon on why people take steroids and also that there are those who do have a legitimate reason to use (bodybuilders, sports/performance people etc). It’s my belief based on my own experience that hard work + good food + dedication over a period of years will yield an excellent physique far beyond most peoples expectations of what they could achieve without steroids (look at CT for example - I personally know others who have achieved amazing results through the method described above).

Noone has questioned the dedication and hard work often evident in those who use steroids judiciously, however you are playing down the role steroids play in progress and strength over a very short period of time. Just compare the line up’s in a natural vs enhanced bodybuilding competitions for example… the difference is mind blowing.

[quote]JamFly wrote:
Nich wrote:
JamFly wrote:

personal opinion,

Point,2

to scare people.

As you can read in my post I did qualify my opinon on why people take steroids and also that there are those who do have a legitimate reason to use (bodybuilders, sports/performance people etc). It’s my belief based on my own experience that hard work + good food + dedication over a period of years will yield an excellent physique far beyond most peoples expectations of what they could achieve without steroids (look at CT for example - I personally know others who have achieved amazing results through the method described above).

Noone has questioned the dedication and hard work often evident in those who use steroids judiciously, however you are playing down the role steroids play in progress and strength over a very short period of time. Just compare the line up’s in a natural vs enhanced bodybuilding competitions for example… the difference is mind blowing.

[/quote]
I dont speak well in text and sometimes I misread things,Im sorry for that but yes I agree with you.
there is nothing in your second post I disagree with

the difference is huge,thats why there shouldnt be any crossovers IMO.
I think you have natural and non,which there are
in the way of tested and non tested events.
but i dont think someone should take steroids to have the edge over someone that is not taking anything
lets keep things fair
I agree with the rest of what you said so I wont repeat it

I dont use steriods because (and this is my opinion and I don’t judge people who choose otherwise):
I’m 21 so I have plenty of anabolic hormones just now.
I have only been training for 3 years or so.
I have so far always found ways to improve my training and diet and rest to continue progressing.

I have relatively modest goals as far as my ideal body type, and I think I am capable of reaching it without drugs (however, the bigger I get, the bigger I want to be).
I am a personal trainer, so it would damage my reputation if it became known that I took steriods.

If I were to take steriods I would probably always wonder wat I was capable of acheiving naturaly (catch 22 because if I dont I’ll always wonder wat could have been if I did)
I dont know that much about steriods
I’m not keen on breaking the law just to look good.
I’m not sure about any possible health implications.

…because I’m afraid of needles…