T Nation

I Don't Use Steroids Because...

I don’t use roids, mainly because I try to stay away from processed foods and substances, and it’s not important enough for me to risk breaking any laws. However at this point in my life I’m not serious about how my body looks or it’s performance. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy working out but appearance is not top priority for me.

For everyone that is serious about bodybuilding and performance, how come you don’t use steroids?

For natural competitors why do you compete natural? Are you against the size of Mr. Olympia? Do you think you would even stand a chance?

im not old enough yet and have never plateaued.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
I don’t use roids, mainly because I try to stay away from processed foods and substances,
[/quote]

You equate steroids with processed foods?

In the dictionary, under the defintion of moron, it says, “See Airtruth.”

Honestly, I’ve been afraid of either getting caught or getting some bad stuff.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
However at this point in my life I’m not serious about how my body looks or it’s performance. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy working out but appearance is not top priority for me.

[/quote]

Why do you work out? Pure strength?

1-word… accessibility

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Honestly, I’ve been afraid of either getting caught or getting some bad stuff.[/quote]

I’ll agree with the fear of getting some bad shit. Also I’d add that I am only about to turn 22 and I have read from lots of experienced people that it should be avoided until you’re at least 25 years old due to its possibility to mess with your hormones. Also I know that I’m not yet at a level where I “need” them.

don’t know enough about them

can’t fathom sticking myself with a needle

pills would be different, but of course they’re hard on the liver.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_alpha/why_dont_you_use_steroids

I guess its been over 3 months, why not rehash?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Airtruth wrote:
However at this point in my life I’m not serious about how my body looks or it’s performance. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy working out but appearance is not top priority for me.

Why do you work out? Pure strength?[/quote]

1. I actually enjoy it, besides playing basketball. Unfortunately if I play too much, sore knees, risk of a sprained ankle here and there, need my job more than I need basketball.

2. Habit. I kind of need it after work. It relaxes me, and I get to avoid rush hour traffic which makes me want to kill somebody.

3. I do care about how I look, I’m just not serious about it right now. To me being serious means doing what it takes to achieve your goals. If that means weighing your food, stop drinking, or whatever it is that is holding your results back. I’m happy now it’s enough for the girls and I would like to maintain it so I still go.

4. Pure hope that by accident I can overtrain, crosstrain, drink, and eat whatever I want and still look like the cover of M & D.

[quote]TBT4ver wrote:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_alpha/why_dont_you_use_steroids

I guess its been over 3 months, why not rehash?[/quote]

Interesting I missed that thread.

I can’t afford em.

:frowning:

[quote]TBT4ver wrote:

I guess its been over 3 months, why not rehash?[/quote]

Not everyone is a member of the T-Cell and cannot post to that thread.

Reason for me is most likely social stigma. I don’t want people saying “he’s on steroids” (and have it be true lol).

I could probably get it if I asked around my gym.

I’m scared of the feds.

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:
Airtruth wrote:
I don’t use roids, mainly because I try to stay away from processed foods and substances,

You equate steroids with processed foods?

In the dictionary, under the defintion of moron, it says, “See Airtruth.”

[/quote]

Is this the same dictionary you used to find “defintion”?

I’ll use them when I’m out of my 20’s and under the care of a physician who will help me with HRT.

I haven’t been lifting long enough for their to be a point to it.

Also want to wait until I’m at least 22.

It is only a matter of time though, and I can’t understand why anybody would try and stay natural very long at all. I’m very for using all the tools in your arsenal.

Once my progress slows a bit I’m there.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

Is this the same dictionary you used to find “defintion”?[/quote]

Great job detective! You mean I missed the “i” in definition?

You’re still a moron.

For the record, I don’t use steroids either.

• not old enough or have enough training experience under my belt imo

• the laws on steroids in australia are incredibly harsh and makes it impossible too get it into the country

• I’m currently 21, once I get around 24 I’ll start thinking about it