I Don't Put On Fat, Should I Avoid Junk Food

I was eating really well for quite a while. By that I meen clean foods, but a lot of them. This cost me a little more money, and defienetly took a lot of effort. I have been slowly easing off of my clean diet and been treating myself to a chinese food… even pizza and juice.

I really don’t put on fat at all. I have gone through periods in my life where I have ate like shit and put on zero fat. I am about 9% BF right now, and have been this lean for about as long as I can remember. My current goal in the gym is strength, but I am also looking to put on some muscle mass. I am currently doing WS4SB.

I am a teenager so I’m not too worried about heart problems, or anything like that. Are there any good reasons for me to continue to make the effort to eat clean, or should I indulge myself a bit?

Thanks,

Alex

well, I’m a teen too :slight_smile: in my opinion stay clean, stay healthy, eating clean doesn’t only make you feel better but also your skin. Less pimples that is. Atleast in my case.

If you can eat anything and maintain you have a good metabolism and should pour on calories however you like but do so risking your health. Make sure you are aware that as time progresses you will not be able to do so later on in life.

But hell, I love chinese food, pizza and juice. So I may be wrong but if your metabolism can keep up, more power to you ~ Just make sure if your objective is to gain more muscle to get enough protein to promote growth. Everything else is relative to your metabolism and fitness level specifically in your situation.

Just remember, as kinein said. There’s a possibility that if you eat a lot of junk food regularly, but don’t gain weight you might not notice it now, but there’s a high risk you will both health and look wise later.

[quote]Shimmy wrote:
Just remember, as kinein said. There’s a possibility that if you eat a lot of junk food regularly, but don’t gain weight you might not notice it now, but there’s a high risk you will both health and look wise later.[/quote]

Yes, because hamburgers will kill you.

HA I knew it. :wink:

Go ahead and indulge yourself once in a while. A pizza or burger once every couple of weeks isn’t going to kill you. Just don’t eat it every other day.

I used to think my metabolism was indestructible too… then I turned 19. lol

[quote]Foenix wrote:
I was eating really well for quite a while. By that I meen clean foods, but a lot of them. This cost me a little more money, and defienetly took a lot of effort. I have been slowly easing off of my clean diet and been treating myself to a chinese food… even pizza and juice.

I really don’t put on fat at all. I have gone through periods in my life where I have ate like shit and put on zero fat. I am about 9% BF right now, and have been this lean for about as long as I can remember. My current goal in the gym is strength, but I am also looking to put on some muscle mass. I am currently doing WS4SB.

I am a teenager so I’m not too worried about heart problems, or anything like that. Are there any good reasons for me to continue to make the effort to eat clean, or should I indulge myself a bit?

Thanks,

Alex[/quote]

I think as a teenager with this sort of metabolism you should take advantage of it. As others have said, it probably won’t last forever so I think you should make the most of it. What do I mean by that? Go out with your friends for a pizza on the weekends, have a hamburger once in a while - in other words eat what you want. I really don’t think there will be much in the way of ‘bad health’ if you do this for a few years, considering what the majority of teenagers eat. This could be a great time to really try and pack on the muscle with minimum bodyfat while your metabolism allows it.

Okay, thanks for the feedback guys.

I’ll try and not over do it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t have AIDS. Should I avoid unprotected sex with hookers?

[quote]lixy wrote:
I don’t have AIDS. Should I avoid unprotected sex with hookers?[/quote]

Everything in moderation.

[quote]lixy wrote:
I don’t have AIDS. Should I avoid unprotected sex with hookers?[/quote]

Not unless their Swedish.

[quote]Foenix wrote:

Thanks,

Alex[/quote]

You didn’t mention whether or not you put on appreciable amounts of muscle during this time. If your bodyweight went up 20lbs with no noticeable fat gain during this time, then by all means, keep doing what you’re doing.

I was a fat kid, but most of my friends could eat whatever garbage they wanted without gaining a pound. All that will change when in your early twenties, so enjoy it while it lasts.

In your case go 50-50 healthy/junk. If you’re home eat healthy. If you’re eating out or just need a quick snack on the go eat something junky. Just make sure you take in enough calories if you’re trying to grow. Fat has more calories per gram than protein and carbs.

Enjoy! Some of us are 28 years old and have to order a salad at Pizzeria Uno rather than share a pizza with our girlfriends.

[quote]BF Bullpup wrote:

Some of us are 28 years old and have to order a salad at Pizzeria Uno rather than share a pizza with our girlfriends.[/quote]

Some of us are 18 and ate his homemade beef/mexican salad while he watched his girlfriend eat a huge bacon, ham and cheese calzone last night.

Fucking enjoy, stop worrying about your broccoli and rice so much.