T Nation

I Don't Get Easter

Don’t get cross, get some whips, nails and a hammer, show her your passion!

Too soon?

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Surprise her with an Easter basket that has candy in it. Cadbury cream eggs, FTW.[/quote]

Im wondering if i can find Kinder Easter eggs somewhere… Do they make them here in the states? i usually only find them in latin america or airports.[/quote]

Kinder eggs illegal in the states for being a choking hazard.

I prefer celebrating the older version myself.

[quote]Hold Up wrote:
I prefer celebrating the older version myself.[/quote]

Very interesting

[quote]Hold Up wrote:
I prefer celebrating the older version myself.[/quote]

I dunno who you are, Hold - but you and I will be getting along just fine…

this, and most of the traditions have a basis in pagan religions - most more apparent than others.

I am nominating your post for ‘post of the season’ - and this should count for at least 22 internet points~

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]Hold Up wrote:
I prefer celebrating the older version myself.[/quote]

I dunno who you are, Hold - but you and I will be getting along just fine…

this, and most of the traditions have a basis in pagan religions - most more apparent than others.

I am nominating your post for ‘post of the season’ - and this should count for at least 22 internet points~[/quote]

HEY!!, you guys leave my Zombie Holiday Alone!

You sure about that, Edgy, my man?

[quote]Hold Up wrote:
I prefer celebrating the older version myself.[/quote]

I love how, on the internet, just because someone posts something with proper grammar, and the principle sounds plausible, it’s accepted as fact.

I saw the same thing when people ‘disproved’ the Maya 2012 thing by talking about the leap year.

I still don’t know how many of this kind of information promulgation was intended as serious, and how much is just a form of trolling to see how gullible people are…

(hint: Easter is significantly based on pagan traditions from multiple sources…but the word Easter is not derived from ‘Ishtar,’ ffs)

^WUT???

if its posted on the internets, then it HAS to be TRU!

everyone knows that~

(shakes head, rolls eyes)

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]Hold Up wrote:
I prefer celebrating the older version myself.[/quote]

I dunno who you are, Hold - but you and I will be getting along just fine…

this, and most of the traditions have a basis in pagan religions - most more apparent than others.

I am nominating your post for ‘post of the season’ - and this should count for at least 22 internet points~[/quote]

HEY!!, you guys leave my Zombie Holiday Alone![/quote]

oops - solly, 460~ my bad~

[quote]Cortes wrote:
You sure about that, Edgy, my man? [/quote]

you got a better candidate for post of the season, Cortes?

lol

Do you celebrate St Patrick’s day because you are Irish or because you want to get drunk as an excuse and hit on the club sluts?

Same goes for any holiday. If you’re not [this] but not sure about [that] dont give much thought to it and just do it or something entirely different.

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
lol

Do you celebrate St Patrick’s day because you are Irish or because you want to get drunk as an excuse and hit on the club sluts?

Same goes for any holiday. If you’re not [this] but not sure about [that] dont give much thought to it and just do it or something entirely different.[/quote]

dear God another one of your posts about “da sluts”

club sluts college sluts beach sluts spring break sluts

you are such a knob head

[quote]Waittz wrote:
Not wanting to get into an entire history and/or theological debate. Im Jewish and I really just dont get Easter from a holiday standpoint.

My girlfriend is Catholic, not really religious at all, but i know holidays like this are still special to everyone. She is from Brazil and lives here with me, so no family in the states. Help a little jewish boy out. What should I do sunday to help her have a good Easter? The entire concept of the holliday just confuses the crap out of me so any suggestions to do something cool/special would be apprietiated.

[/quote]

Would you by chance happen to be a very good chess player?

[quote]Elegua360 wrote:

[quote]Hold Up wrote:
I prefer celebrating the older version myself.[/quote]

I love how, on the internet, just because someone posts something with proper grammar, and the principle sounds plausible, it’s accepted as fact.

I saw the same thing when people ‘disproved’ the Maya 2012 thing by talking about the leap year.

I still don’t know how many of this kind of information promulgation was intended as serious, and how much is just a form of trolling to see how gullible people are…

(hint: Easter is significantly based on pagan traditions from multiple sources…but the word Easter is not derived from ‘Ishtar,’ ffs)[/quote]

Wait… Are you saying you’re still in your bunker waiting on the Mayan “End of the World” theme to play out?

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:
You sure about that, Edgy, my man? [/quote]

you got a better candidate for post of the season, Cortes?[/quote]

The word Easter derives from the name of the fertility goddess Eostre and the eggs and bunnies, symbols of fertility, were adopted by the early Christians much like the Christmas tree was adopted from the Druids. That’s one version.

Another version says that Easter is simply one more variant of a long line of celebrations of the spring equinox. http://atheism.about.com/od/easterholidayseason/p/PaganChristian.htm

So, if Easter’s origins come from the fertility goddess Eostre, then having sex would indeed be a proper way to celebrate. Otherwise, a nice brunch is good.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:
You sure about that, Edgy, my man? [/quote]

you got a better candidate for post of the season, Cortes?[/quote]

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/03/29/happy-easter-which-is-not-named-after-ishtar-okay.html[/quote]

According to the article:

“Most other European languages use one form or another of the Latin name for Easter, Pascha, which is derived from the Hebrew Pesach, meaning Passover.”

Which means that the early Christians took the Passover celebration and made it their own. So, Easter has its roots either in either pagan traditions or Hebrew traditions, or most likely some combination of both. That was a good article.

[quote]MikeTheBear wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:
You sure about that, Edgy, my man? [/quote]

you got a better candidate for post of the season, Cortes?[/quote]

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/03/29/happy-easter-which-is-not-named-after-ishtar-okay.html[/quote]

According to the article:

“Most other European languages use one form or another of the Latin name for Easter, Pascha, which is derived from the Hebrew Pesach, meaning Passover.”

Which means that the early Christians took the Passover celebration and made it their own. So, Easter has its roots either in either pagan traditions or Hebrew traditions, or most likely some combination of both. That was a good article.[/quote]

The holiday Easter is about the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I know that drives a lot of you guys insane, but that happens to be what we celebrate when we celebrate that holiday. Not penises. Not menses. Not curdled dick cheese.

My point in posting the article was to illustrate the pretty much total falsity of the piece of claptrap that was put up as some kind of Facebook fact.

I just paint eggs