T Nation

I Don't Get Easter

Not wanting to get into an entire history and/or theological debate. Im Jewish and I really just dont get Easter from a holiday standpoint.

My girlfriend is Catholic, not really religious at all, but i know holidays like this are still special to everyone. She is from Brazil and lives here with me, so no family in the states. Help a little jewish boy out. What should I do sunday to help her have a good Easter? The entire concept of the holliday just confuses the crap out of me so any suggestions to do something cool/special would be apprietiated.

Spend time with the family. Go to Easter service with her and have a long brunch afterwards, followed by an Easter egg hunt for the little ones. Sit around in the back yard drinking beers in the pleasant spring weather while the kids eat all their Easter candy.

That is the Easter tradition I am used do.

[quote]Waittz wrote:
Not wanting to get into an entire history and/or theological debate. Im Jewish and I really just dont get Easter from a holiday standpoint.

My girlfriend is Catholic, not really religious at all, but i know holidays like this are still special to everyone. She is from Brazil and lives here with me, so no family in the states. Help a little jewish boy out. What should I do sunday to help her have a good Easter? The entire concept of the holliday just confuses the crap out of me so any suggestions to do something cool/special would be apprietiated.

[/quote]

Invite her to a model Seder.

http://www.chabad.org/holidays/passover/seders.htm

[quote]aeyogi wrote:
Sit around in the back yard drinking beers [/quote]

Just what a Jewish guy should be doing to conclude Passover.

[quote]aeyogi wrote:
Spend time with the family. Go to Easter service with her and have a long brunch afterwards, followed by an Easter egg hunt for the little ones. Sit around in the back yard drinking beers in the pleasant spring weather while the kids eat all their Easter candy.

That is the Easter tradition I am used do. [/quote]

Let me put some more details here. Her family is in brazil. We have no little ones, in fact we are the little ones, 26 and 21. She has only been here for about 1.5 years, we met when she was traveling here on vacay, that and she isnt religious so there is no church/service option, nor would she wants to do that.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

Just what a Jewish guy should be doing to conclude Passover.[/quote]

Have you/ would you date/marry a non Jew?

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

Let me put some more details here. Her family is in brazil. We have no little ones, in fact we are the little ones, 26 and 21. She has only been here for about 1.5 years, we met when she was traveling here on vacay, that and she isnt religious so there is no church/service option, nor would she wants to do that.

[/quote]

You have to stay away from them Gentiles man. They will make you unclean and all that stuff. (/sarcasm)

If she is not religious there really is no need to celebrate Easter. It is a Religious Holiday after all. Whether you are Christian (Easter) or Jewish (Passover). Some years it is different weekend all based on the Moon Calendar (Jewish or Eastern Orthodox) or Sun Calendar (Roman Catholic, Protestant, and Evangelical). With that being said, I would just go to a very nice brunch (there will be a bunch of them) enjoy the weather with some beers. You scuba dive, so take her diving. Do something you both like to do together outside around other people.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

Have you/ would you date/marry a non Jew?[/quote]

wasnt raised by bigots?

Surprise her with an Easter basket that has candy in it. Cadbury cream eggs, FTW.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

[/quote]

You have to stay away from them Gentiles man. They will make you unclean and all that stuff. (/sarcasm)

If she is not religious there really is no need to celebrate Easter. It is a Religious Holiday after all. Whether you are Christian (Easter) or Jewish (Passover). Some years it is different weekend all based on the Moon Calendar (Jewish or Eastern Orthodox) or Sun Calendar (Roman Catholic, Protestant, and Evangelical). With that being said, I would just go to a very nice brunch (there will be a bunch of them) enjoy the weather with some beers. You scuba dive, so take her diving. Do something you both like to do together outside around other people.[/quote]

Yeah, was thinking of doing brunch and like hiding some chocolate eggs around the house. Funny thing about my girl is if I asked what she would want to do with me on a sunday afternoon her choice she will say ‘leg day’! and drag me to the gym to squat until my legs go numb. I kid you not.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Surprise her with an Easter basket that has candy in it. Cadbury cream eggs, FTW.[/quote]

Im wondering if i can find Kinder Easter eggs somewhere… Do they make them here in the states? i usually only find them in latin america or airports.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

wasnt raised by bigots? [/quote]

Why do religious people who have a belief that does not jive with someone else’s belief always called a bigot?

You are a bigot because you hate Jews for their beliefs.

paint some eggs and hide them get her a stuffed bunny, bitches love bunnies, go out to eat, come home and stick it in her pooper

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
paint some eggs and hide them get her a stuffed bunny, bitches love bunnies, go out to eat, come home and stick it in her pooper[/quote]

Winner. End of thread. Thank you.

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

[/quote]

If she is not religious there really is no need to celebrate Easter. It is a Religious Holiday after all. Whether you are Christian (Easter) or Jewish (Passover). Some years it is different weekend all based on the Moon Calendar (Jewish or Eastern Orthodox) or Sun Calendar (Roman Catholic, Protestant, and Evangelical). With that being said, I would just go to a very nice brunch (there will be a bunch of them) enjoy the weather with some beers. You scuba dive, so take her diving. Do something you both like to do together outside around other people.[/quote]

Yeah, was thinking of doing brunch and like hiding some chocolate eggs around the house. Funny thing about my girl is if I asked what she would want to do with me on a sunday afternoon her choice she will say ‘leg day’! and drag me to the gym to squat until my legs go numb. I kid you not. [/quote]

That sounds like a great idea. Take the day off from the gym. I do legs on Fridays, so I am barely able to walk at Church on Sundays. Getting old sucks with the soreness. You have to do a split workout so you have 3-4 days to get over the soreness. I am 36.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

i dont understand what you mean.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

Anyone can be Jewish is they chose to be Jewish, so I am not sure how that could be bigoted. Heck, if Katrin Himmler converted to Judaism (whose great uncle was Hitler), anyone can be Jewish.

But actually following Judaism requires following the tenants of the faith. One of such tenants is marrying people who follow the tenants of Judaism.

[quote]Waittz wrote:
… so any suggestions to do something cool/special would be apprietiated.

[/quote]
Morning butt sex

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:
… so any suggestions to do something cool/special would be apprietiated.

[/quote]
Morning butt sex[/quote]
and paint your dick easter colors for her.

Is she making a big deal about Easter? If so ask her what it means to her. If she isnt making a big deal about it just roll on with your normal sunday activities.