I Cried Today

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
Nice read and good for you for showing humanity. As far as the crying part it is no big deal it just shows you are human.

You did err about the anonymity part though. Some of us know who you are IRL. Fantasy football.[/quote]

Lol man. I’m pledging right here that if I do win, I’ll donate the proceeds to a charity decided on by the group. So now if you play your starters against me it just makes you a selfish dick :smiley: hahahaha

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
Nice read and good for you for showing humanity. As far as the crying part it is no big deal it just shows you are human.

You did err about the anonymity part though. Some of us know who you are IRL. Fantasy football.[/quote]

Lol man. I’m pledging right here that if I do win, I’ll donate the proceeds to a charity decided on by the group. So now if you play your starters against me it just makes you a selfish dick :smiley: hahahaha [/quote]

I’m not in it, just stalking.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
My mother in law has recently challenged our family to commit to doing more random acts of kindness and this thread has inspired me. I’m not yet sure what I’ll do, but I will be on the look out. [/quote]

Make a Grocery List then go on line price everything on the list and get a total cost. Go to Bank and withdraw that amount in single dollar bills. Wrap the money in the Grocery List.

Now drive into a poor area until you spot a group of people you feel are in need of help. Drive up real slow, roll down the window and throw the money at them and yell “Check Yo Self Homie” and speed off.

Sorry was watching Menance to Society last night.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
My mother in law has recently challenged our family to commit to doing more random acts of kindness and this thread has inspired me. I’m not yet sure what I’ll do, but I will be on the look out. [/quote]

I buy random families dinner when we are out to eat every now and again.

Feels good man.

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

Lol man. I’m pledging right here that if I do win, I’ll donate the proceeds to a charity decided on by the group. So now if you play your starters against me it just makes you a selfish dick :smiley: hahahaha [/quote]

I read the whole post, i understand the idea that the internet affords you a certain level of anonymity, however when you have an established internet presence/persona/reputation, its not really the same as full anonymity IMO. You’re just linking the deed to an identity other than your “real life” one.

Just the way i see it. Nothing meant by that. I still commend you for your deed.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

Feels good man.
[/quote]

What restaurants do you eat at and on what nights usually?

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

Feels good man.
[/quote]

What restaurants do you eat at and on what nights usually?[/quote]
Black Tie Eatery & Catering
1700 Edmondson Ave
Baltimore, MD 21223

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

Feels good man.
[/quote]

What restaurants do you eat at and on what nights usually?[/quote]
Black Tie Eatery & Catering
1700 Edmondson Ave
Baltimore, MD 21223[/quote]

??

Pay it forward

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Oops, must have wandered into Estrogen-Nation by accident. [/quote]
It used to be considered noble and manly to help those less fortunate. [/quote]

Yes it did, until it was used to take advantage of peoples kindness and good nature.

There is a “tramp” who begs on the streets in the city where I live and I’ve seen him go round crowds of people at bars asking for money, and people give it but I dont however and I was glad I didn’t.

Turns out this guy was better off than he was letting on. I saw him standing straight, moving at a good pace and not a care in the world for eyeing people or slouching for cash.

He was not a poor person, just a scumbag who lied and deceived others to earn cash he does not deserve.

Oh yeah, when the US debt ceiling, Obamacare and the next two wars coming hit the fan, the US economy will tank hard. Scenes like that single mom and her kids Get used to it.

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
Oh yeah, when the US debt ceiling, Obamacare and the next two wars coming hit the fan, the US economy will tank hard. Scenes like that single mom and her kids Get used to it.[/quote]

Maybe by then the homeless poor will discover that bankers and politicians are tasty and slow-moving.

Waittz every post I read of yours makes me always think you and I would get along well IRL. This is no exception.

Thanks for the story, needed a bit of perspective these last few weeks.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

Oh yeah, when the US debt ceiling, Obamacare and the next two wars coming hit the fan, the US economy will tank hard. Scenes like that single mom and her kids Get used to it.[/quote]

Maybe by then the homeless poor will discover that bankers and politicians are tasty and slow-moving. [/quote]

Do they have the appetite for eating lead courtesy of the armed guards they will have?

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

Maybe by then the homeless poor will discover that bankers and politicians are tasty and slow-moving. [/quote]

Do they have the appetite for eating lead courtesy of the armed guards they will have?[/quote]

Think of every zombie movie ever, then replace the zombies with shuffling hordes of homeless, impoverished people off their medication. There are only so many cartridges in an armed guard’s magazine. You can’t kill them all.

[quote]theBeth wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Oops, must have wandered into Estrogen-Nation by accident. [/quote]
It used to be considered noble and manly to help those less fortunate. [/quote]

Same with breaking down in tears and calling mommy…oh wait[/quote]
Lol

Stop being an ass
[/quote]

He’s probably alexithymic.[/quote]
LOL

When you do an unselfish act, then go on to tell everyone and brag about it to get told how great you are, it then becomes a selfish act.

[quote]Charged wrote:
When you do an unselfish act, then go on to tell everyone and brag about it to get told how great you are, it then becomes a selfish act.[/quote]
This is a site where we post shirtless pics next to our names and then bash others’ shirtless pics and/or beliefs. So yes, we all aren’t completely free of having an ego lol.

If he gets off to doing good things for himself and sometimes others, I’m all for it. Those are the people I choose to be around. The good in his actions by far outweigh whatever negatives you come up with. Shut the fuck up please.

[quote]Charged wrote:
When you do an unselfish act, then go on to tell everyone and brag about it to get told how great you are, it then becomes a selfish act.[/quote]
Charged with douchebaggery.

[quote]Charged wrote:

I agree, which is why I said that…in the original post.

Two points I want to make, first anyone who is percieving my intent to share this in anyway other than what I chose as the reason, understand that it is your opinion, not the actual reason why I posted. Nothing will change that fact. You wanting or thinking I did it for any reason other than the actual reason I chose, doesn’t make it so. It’s just the way you chose to from your opinion on it. Again please read the second paragraph.

Second, doing something good for a selfish reason still results in a good deed done. I wish it that sense more people were selfish and would give to charity just to get a moral boner out of it, why? Because more giving would come from it. In fact this is how I first got into donating to my regular charity, to feel good about doing it and passive aggressively show it off by hanging the calendar they sent me in my office. That was a few years ago, I matured a bit and guess what, they still receive money from me every month that goes to a great cause. So lets just say I only did this last night to brag on a weight lifting forum to people I have never met and may never will…yeah…a family still got help last night.

So you can choose to think I shared to boast, or shared because as I revealed just before about Dmaddox, that you will remember the story and make a good decision when presented with the opportunity. That is your choice, I already made mine.