I Cried Today

good one

Good work bud, you probably did more for them then you can imagine, not only for the reality of them having food but the gesture alone can go a long way in receptivity and open ness for that family, its a bit harder to have full trust in life when you are worried about when your going to eat next again.

well done, however you’re a pussy for crying and then admitting to crying. no internet points for you

Nice read and good for you for showing humanity. As far as the crying part it is no big deal it just shows you are human.

You did err about the anonymity part though. Some of us know who you are IRL. Fantasy football.

This is why we were put on this earth. Good on you, man.

You’re a good egg

Nothing wrong with being human.

I thought maybe you were looking at your FF team roster lol.

Seriously though that was a great gesture, maybe you could mention it to your parents at least. I know if my son did something like that and he told me I would be bursting with pride.

Good work kiddo.

Reminds me of how I keep walking past this homeless guy in my town. I almost want to invite him around for some dinner and a beer. My only concern is what do I do at the end of the night? Invite him to stay and sleep over (obviously I dont want a complete stranger sleeping in my house), or say to him “Ok buddy, dinner is over. You better get back out there on to the streets”.

tweet

Oops, must have wandered into Estrogen-Nation by accident.

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:
Oops, must have wandered into Estrogen-Nation by accident. [/quote]
It used to be considered noble and manly to help those less fortunate.

My mother in law has recently challenged our family to commit to doing more random acts of kindness and this thread has inspired me. I’m not yet sure what I’ll do, but I will be on the look out.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

It used to be considered noble and manly to help those less fortunate. [/quote]

Same with breaking down in tears and calling mommy…oh wait

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Same with breaking down in tears and calling mommy…oh wait[/quote]
Lol

Stop being an ass

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Lol

Stop being an ass
[/quote]

He’s probably alexithymic.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
My mother in law has recently challenged our family to commit to doing more random acts of kindness and this thread has inspired me. I’m not yet sure what I’ll do, but I will be on the look out. [/quote]

If I was going to do that I’d make it like Survivor, where we have to hit some kind of kindness quota and last place each month gets exiled from the family indefinitely.

That’ll do pig, that’ll do…

[quote]theBeth wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Lol

Stop being an ass
[/quote]

He’s probably alexithymic.[/quote]
Dont let him fool you he is good guy, he just minitrolling

I think there is a serious lack of male role models in our younger generation, but to talk about that kind of stuff makes me feel even older than I am so I am going to STFU

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Lol

Stop being an ass
[/quote]

Well somebody had to do it lol

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]theBeth wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Lol

Stop being an ass
[/quote]

I think there is a serious lack of male role models in our younger generation, but to talk about that kind of stuff makes me feel even older than I am so I am going to STFU[/quote]

Appreciate the kind-ish words sir.

Was a noble thing he did, good on OP, thread seems a bit attention-whorish to me, so couldnt resist a little joking around. Done now.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]theBeth wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Lol

Stop being an ass
[/quote]

I think there is a serious lack of male role models in our younger generation, but to talk about that kind of stuff makes me feel even older than I am so I am going to STFU[/quote]

Appreciate the kind-ish words sir.

Was a noble thing he did, good on OP, thread seems a bit attention-whorish to me, so couldnt resist a little joking around. Done now.
[/quote]

Please read the second paragraph again.

@lankymofo, if you actively keep your eyes open and general awareness about it, I’m sure you will find more opportunities than expected. Kind of like when you get a car, that you didn’t think was common, but now that you are aware you see it everywhere. I was really happy ton read your response, in fact that was why I wrote it.

Not to long ago in a thread Dmaddox mentioned how once at a diner he secretly paid for a single mothers meal. Just a random act of kindness. A small gesture on his part, that was a big gesture to the recieivng party. it was all I could think about when I was in the store. His little story planted the seed for me and hopefully my story will lead to at least one random act of kindness.

If it does, well then it is worth it to get some ribbing from audiogarden especially if the next time he is presented with the oppurtunity to do something good and acts upon it.That and I did confess to crying and calling my mommy and confessed it on this site of all places, I deserve some teasing.