I Conviced my Mom to Lose 73 Pounds.

okay so I convinced my mom to lose 73lbs in exchange for me making it though boot camp. She thinks that no one has ever had it worse than her. I need before and after pics to disprove this.

I need the pics of someone preferably in the same size and age range.

she is 39 and 270lbs.

if anyone on here can help please do I have been trying to get her to exercise and eat right for three years now.

Wait…so she lost 73lbs, or you want her to lose 73 lbs? Post some pics…

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_alpha/a_new_take_on_loose_skin

thats my mom I can’t just post pics she’ll get pissed. no she is going to lose the weight when I go off to basic which is in like 5 or 6 months.

Umm why doesn’t she start now, I mean if she wants to do it as safely and quickly as possible start now. Cause I won’t lie it will take a long time. This isn’t no 6 month transformation.

Don’t go around looking for motivational pics of other peoples accomplishments. Have her realize you really care about her and you want her to be there, nice and healthy for when you have kids. Have the energy to play with them and live her life to the fullest.

Have her start taking baby steps, walking first. Walking a little longer everyday. Then moving up to bodyweight exercises. Then moving on to dumbbells. Then later when she feels more comfortable join a good gym with a nice atmosphere.

You’re her son you should be by her side helping her figure out a plan of action diet and training wise RIGHT NOW. Not tomorrow or 5 months from now. Cause it will always be a distant thought in her head. Everyone procrastinates, but this is her life you’re dealing with and real health risks associated with being real overweight.

use www.fitday.com which I believe is one of the greatest tools one can use when going for fat loss. Plus it’s free.

Don’t put it off, be looking at her progress when you leave. Not just starting out.

[quote]Carlitosway wrote:
Umm why doesn’t she start now, I mean if she wants to do it as safely and quickly as possible start now. Cause I won’t lie it will take a long time. This isn’t no 6 month transformation.

Don’t go around looking for motivational pics of other peoples accomplishments. Have her realize you really care about her and you want her to be there, nice and healthy for when you have kids. Have the energy to play with them and live her life to the fullest.

Have her start taking baby steps, walking first. Walking a little longer everyday. Then moving up to bodyweight exercises. Then moving on to dumbbells. Then later when she feels more comfortable join a good gym with a nice atmosphere.

You’re her son you should be by her side helping her figure out a plan of action diet and training wise RIGHT NOW. Not tomorrow or 5 months from now. Cause it will always be a distant thought in her head. Everyone procrastinates, but this is her life you’re dealing with and real health risks associated with being real overweight.

use www.fitday.com which I believe is one of the greatest tools one can use when going for fat loss. Plus it’s free.[/quote]

I would love too, but she isn’t even doing this for herself she’s doing out of a bet, it’s been three years and that’s the best I’ve gotten besides the usual advancements in healthy eating.

If she is doing it for a bet, I believe that it will fail.

You have to be doing this for yourself, and it takes true drive to lose that kind of weight.

[quote]Spencerulz wrote:
Carlitosway wrote:

use www.fitday.com which I believe is one of the greatest tools one can use when going for fat loss. Plus it’s free.

I would love too, but she isn’t even doing this for herself she’s doing out of a bet, it’s been three years and that’s the best I’ve gotten besides the usual advancements in healthy eating. [/quote]

Just as Reborn has stated, this is/will be a failure. It’s like me telling my mom, I won’t go to school unless you quit smoking cigarettes. I mean it doesn’t make sense in the grand scheme of things. Everything I do healthwise I do FOR ME and no one else. Otherwise I’m just another yuppie going through the motions and looking the same every fucking year.

Maybe you guys could go to the gym together, so she doesnt feel ackward for the early training stages.

Also could make for good bonding time before you head out.

[quote]RebornTN wrote:
Maybe you guys could go to the gym together, so she doesnt feel ackward for the early training stages.

Also could make for good bonding time before you head out.[/quote]

she offered to help me prep for air force basic… but she needs start slow… so working out with me is a very bad idea… I don’t think she could even handle the 2 mile run not to mention the calisthenics.

Having her start as soon as you leave makes me think she will never start. Nag her every second and make her go to the gym with you.

[quote]Spencerulz wrote:
RebornTN wrote:

she offered to help me prep for air force basic… but she needs start slow… so working out with me is a very bad idea… I don’t think she could even handle the 2 mile run not to mention the calisthenics. [/quote]

Hmm. I would say find out if she has any friends or co-workers in a similar situation or whom are at least closer to her physical fitness range. Then have them join up with her as training partners.

As long as it doesn’t interfere with your training too badly, I think you could probably fit in another run (Or for you, power walk?) while your mom runs. That way you can help with motivation.

Like, drop down to her level and go slower. I know from trying to help my mom train that Moms don’t workout well solo.

So your best bet is trying to get her a co-worker or friend workout partner imo.

[quote]Spencerulz wrote:
RebornTN wrote:

she offered to help me prep for air force basic… but she needs start slow… so working out with me is a very bad idea… I don’t think she could even handle the 2 mile run not to mention the calisthenics. [/quote]

LOL running is the worse thing, just get her doing long walks like I said for starters. Read this and understand running is a big no no for her. She also needs a nice protein, good fat based lower carb diet. nothing fancy.
http://www.figureathlete.com/free_online_article/training/no_business_running

Proper nutrition should definitely help out also.

Im sure you can find numerous articles for her to look at regarding nutrition on the site.

I’m already working on adjusting her diet cause I am huge on the nutrition aspect of things.

I know this sounds pretty easy but she is a tough nut when it comes to eating right…

She has me who eats healthy, my dad who is eating better( I wouldn’t say healthy ), Her best friend who eats mostly organic, her parents who are raw foodies, and her sister who is a HARDCORE!! vegan.

She has plenty of resources she just doesn’t care about herself… and that scares me.

So I do apologize if I have been overly stubborn.