I challenge US=GG to a debate

As of 15 minutes from now I’m away from the computer for the day. Hopefully by tommorrow US=GG will have shown his face and accepted this debate.

The start of my reading list:

Periodicals:

Currently I read the following on a weekly basis:

The Economist
The New Republic
Harpers (parts)
The New Yorker
The National Review

Also, on a daily basis I depend on several online news sources:

The New York Times
The Wall Street Journal
BBC World News
Al-jazeera News

I try to balance ultra-conservative, conservative, moderate, liberal, and ultra-liberal. Keep learning from all sides, in my opinion.

See you all tommorrow.

doppelganger,

And the only thing more annoying than a person who uses “lol” is a person who fancys himself an intellect!

Personally, I find you more amusing than annoying. In fact, you are almost as funny as morgs pictures, which, by the way, are funny. LOL!

doppleganger,
I used lower case letters to begin your name. This is standard practice when addressing a bad guy. However, I may be in error. You may actually be a thinker.
Of course, I would be happy to make a policy statement on behalf of the Good Guys. However, I find your topic much too broad. Please respond with a belief you have regarding the Middle East.
You have me at a disadvantage. You already have an idea of what I believe. I do not know where you stand. It would be helpful to know a little bit about you. That way, I have a better chance of using examples that you can identify with. Here is some information about me. I am a citizen of the United States. I have voted for George H.W. Bush, Bob Dole, and George W. Bush in the last three elections. I identify with the philosophy of the Republicans.
When chosing the topic, please pick something that we have a reasonable chance of discussing. Some aspect of United States foreign policy that you do or do not support.
I am hoping that you have sincere beliefs. I would like you to stick to the topic at hand. If you are a liberal, you are going to try to change the subject when you start losing. I am going to stay on target. I hope that the winner of the challenge is not chosen based on the number of footnotes. If that is the criteria, then I capitulate. I do not have the time nor the desire to get into a footnotes race. That would only demonstrate who has the most time to waste. As I work for a living, I happily admit that I would lose that battle.

hillary in 2004!!!

ahahahahahahahhaha

US=GG,

I agree, introductions are in order. I am a citizen of the United States. In the past three elections I voted for Al Gore, Bill Clinton and Bill Clinton. I do not necessarily agree with either “philosophy” of the parties - agreement or disagreement is determined upon issue rather than a broader brush stroke. I generally find Democratic presidential candidates preferable on issues of military and foreign policy, though I would have voted for John McCain had he recieved the nomination in 2000.

I did not intend to engage in a “footnote” battle, though I understand your concern. I merely ask that any sort of poll, factoid, or policy statement be backed up with the appropriate source - for example, were I to cite a poll that was conducted by the Brookings Institute or GreenPeace, either might be considered biased.

You will consider me a bad guy, and I will consider you a bad guy. May the baddest guy win.

I left it to you to start the debate on the topic of your choosing - putting you in the strongest position from the beginning. Since I issued the challenge, I find it appropriate that you pick the topic, even if it is one where you have specific knowledge and expertise that might put me at a disadvantage. If this doesn’t sound fair, I would be happy to begin the debate with a topic or question.

Cheers

You need to seriously quit all this good guy bad guy bullshit…grow up this is america were all americans who have the right to free speech it dosent put on on a side of good OR bad… this talk just makes the nation even more and more divided…you remind me of sadam all those that agree with you are good and can live and those that dont share your beleifs are “bad”…hey i got a idea why dont you kill em…if your going to have a debate then fucking debate…dont call someone a “BAD” american for having DIFFIRENT beleifs… …big martin

morg why do you always wanna be the center of attention/ i really dont care what you post but since you have already 2 problems most people dont have (virgin, whacking off like crazy), you should be trying to help yourself out rather than make all us total strangers laugh or get pissed of or whatever. prioritize your life.

danh:
It’s hopeless, dude. Morg is not going to change no matter how hard we try. Besides, helplessly jerking off as much as he does isn’t a problem – it’s an achievement. What a fine monument to Onanism his pile of used Kleenex must be!

morg:
From one smart-ass to another: you rock. Oh yeah, I almost forgot… lol

everyone else: sorry for jackin’ the thread here, temporarily…

grin on the $ danh

Interesting way to start a debate…with a debate. Get it together children.

doppleganger “does not necessarily agree with the philosophy of either party”. That’s why he votes democratic all the time!

May I suggest some potential topics?

– US policy regarding Israel/Palestine.

– War in Iraq - should have or shouldn’t have?

– Our dependence on Middle Eastern oil.

– Are the Saudis are friends, i.e. have we been using the correct policies in dealing with them?

Either of you 2 feel like biting?

zeb lol with u.lol

I await US=GG to set the policy question, as I explained above.

Zeb, I only gave my votes for the past 3 presidental elections. If this is representative of my political affliliations for you, so be it. I did not mention local, county, and state elections. And, as I said, I believe strongly in foreign policy and social reform, and the president is strongest on those issues.

doppleganger,
The first topic of discussion is as follows: saddam supported terrorists. The United States is a prime target for terrorists. saddam hussein hates the United States. Therefore, he was a threat to the United States and the world.

Exhibit A:

Salient Points:

1. $25,000 to each suicide bomber’s family.
  2. $10,000,000 spent between 20000-2002 for terrorist activities.
  3. Note the direct quotes and the “credentials” of the people giving the quotes. Note where they stand in the hierarchy of these organizations.

Exhibit B:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/15/sprj.irq.abbas.arrested/

1. Known mastermind for Achille Lauro terrorist attack in 1985.
  2. Known director of the palestinian liberation front.

Exhibit C:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/03/26/sprj.irq.mural/index.html

1. Picture of plane flying into one of two towers.
  2. Iraqi logo painted on plane.
  3. Location within Iraqi military headquarters.
  4. Known fate of military/civilian persons who differed from “saddam’s party line.” Therefore, this mural would have had to have been state (hussein) sanctioned.

I think that these sources are credible and, if anything, cnn tends to be more liberal leaning. I hope that you will accept these sources and do not attempt to waste time impeaching them. I do not want to argue with someone like monquebec who goes onto questionable sites and regurgitates a bunch of trash. I want to discuss facts and some inevitable conclusions. Again, please refrain from changing the subject. If you do, our discussion is over. I think we should only change the subject by mutual consent. Agree?

hillaryclinton/howarddean in 2004!!!

doppelganger,

It matters little in local elections who is republican and who is democrat, most of the time. Judging by your strong liberal bias one can assume that nationally your only votes will be for democrats.

However, nothing wrong with that, as it is what makes good debates. Now get going and answer United States = Good Guys!

Has the US ever been struck by an Iraqi terrorist?

That plane mural proves nothing.

sorry Doppelganger, go ahead.

My point being that prior to the Iraq war both the CIA & NSA advised Bush that Pakistan & Saudi Arabia is more of threat to stability in the region, and beyond a shadow of a doubt are breeding grounds for Al-Qaeda.

Do you think that the US invading an Arab country has angered or pacified Islamic militants in Pakistan, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, and elsewhere?

I’ll bow out now so debate away.

I think that we should all do the decent thing and leave this thread open to the two participants of the debate. Log on, read but dont post otherwise it will interrupt the flow of what could be and interesting debate.

Fellas, get to it and good luck!

How about you Americans discuss why everybody else in the world hates you guys… Why not discuss why it was O.K. to attack Iraq but you sat back and let millions of Rwandans die just because you lost a few Black hawks. Simple answer: You attacked Iraq not because of its evil dictator or because of the “war on terrorism” you attacked Iraq for its strategic value and its Oil.
Why don’t you discuss wtf is going on in Afganastan where the real terrorists live. The fact is that in Afganastan you only control parts of Kandahar and thats it, and you wouldn’t without the help of us (foreign Countries). Why don’t you discuss why you couldn’t (or maybe just choose not to) catch Ossamma Binladin but you caught Saddam - who has never been proven to have any connection to 9/11. - Could it be because if you had caught Binladen, you wouldn’t have anymore excuses for your war mongering? Why don’t you discuss where the weapons of mass destruction are? Why not discuss why you support a president who is obviously not very intellegent, cocky, egocentric, and a war-mongerer. The world would be a much better place if George Bush would never have cheated his way into office.

-Just a “typical” perspective of someone who does not live in your fked up country where more people are murdered each year, then we have births in ours.

-But hell you Americans are so egocentric that I am sure that there is nobody who would even be able to tell me what the capital of Canada is, or who is our PrimeMinister… P-22