I Can't Gain Any Muscle (Thanks)

ok now that i’ve gone and lied I can get to the point. My point is to thank the people whom I’ve “argued” with. that whole I can’t gain any muscle thing is bogus as is the over-training excuse. Personally I too have used it, just the other day I used it. I used it because I stopped progressing on my lifts and I wanted to make some sort of justification as to why I couldn’t progress. Well my real problem was my diet, not my cns (which is very efficient.

At the advise of some members whom admittedly I just blew off because I thought I knew better, wellll I didn’t. having taken a look at my food journal i realized I like most who make that complaint was undereating. what I did was increase my calories to 6,000 a day… (well now thinking about lowering it to 4500-5000)from 2700 and increased my protein intake to 249 from 135. I feel a helluva lot better my mood has increased and I notice some muscle and strength gains too… so in short the answer to I can’t gain muscle is listen to people more experienced and put the fork in your mouth.

/ as a side note I’m always thankful for people like Prof.X or others who take the time to try and help lesser inexperienced people and even more greatful to read the comments on this site they are something alright.
thanks
-Joe

Good, now the trick is to stay consistent.

that is the hard part because i’m a food a phobe if that makes any sense, i’m very very picky about what i eat,how it’s made ect. + with digestion problems(related to surgeries) i can’t eat fried foods and other things + i love seeing my abs it’s really a psychological issue at this point, i know that when i do decide to lean out i’ll be in better condition/shape

Its rare to see this kind of honesty on message boards. I commend you and wish you luck in your progress.

Good to see someone has come back after getting advice, admitting they were wrong, taking the advice onboard and progressing.

Good stuff.

[quote]deadlift1992 wrote:
ok now that i’ve gone and lied I can get to the point. My point is to thank the people whom I’ve “argued” with. that whole I can’t gain any muscle thing is bogus as is the over-training excuse. Personally I too have used it, just the other day I used it. I used it because I stopped progressing on my lifts and I wanted to make some sort of justification as to why I couldn’t progress. Well my real problem was my diet, not my cns (which is very efficient.

At the advise of some members whom admittedly I just blew off because I thought I knew better, wellll I didn’t. having taken a look at my food journal i realized I like most who make that complaint was undereating. what I did was increase my calories to 6,000 a day… (well now thinking about lowering it to 4500-5000)from 2700 and increased my protein intake to 249 from 135. I feel a helluva lot better my mood has increased and I notice some muscle and strength gains too… so in short the answer to I can’t gain muscle is listen to people more experienced and put the fork in your mouth.

/ as a side note I’m always thankful for people like Prof.X or others who take the time to try and help lesser inexperienced people and even more greatful to read the comments on this site they are something alright.
thanks
-Joe[/quote]

x2 - I’m also grateful for the gains I’ve made thanks to the input from so many T-Nation’ers(sp?). With the T-Nation members’ no nonsense, beat-you-in-the-head-with-a-hammer attitude, I started eating more as well. I’m only at the low 3000’s on workout days and high 2000’s on rest days. I’ve gained 10 pounds in the first 4 weeks and about 7-8 pounds in the subsequent 4 weeks. Should I eat more?

I thing you have to thing for a little time on your plan or schedule.
Take bird eye view and then you find that’s wrong with you.
Eat healthy and protein foods items like fish, meat. chicken etc.
Drink fruits juice after 2 hours to maintain energy level,
Eat twice times in a day.
Take 1 hour after eating.
Try to burn less calorie…

[quote]sexyxe wrote:
Good to see someone has come back after getting advice, admitting they were wrong, taking the advice onboard and progressing.

Good stuff. [/quote]

+1

OP, a lot of us are in the same boat re: wanting to keep your abs visible while gaining. as long as you understand that you have to let go of that a little bit to see growth, you’re gonna be ok. however, you can mitigate the fat gain somewhat by tapering the increase in your caloric intake.

rather than jumping straight to 6000 cals from 2700, you might want to try increasing cals by 500 a week and see how you grow and progress with that increase. if you aren’t gaining at least a few pounds a month with concurrent increases in your lifts, add another 500 cals and see how that works for you.

Yeah I did that yesterday I went only to 4500 however I am going to take a 2 week rest to give my muscles full time to recover then hit em hard again. Just cause ive been under eating thereby under recovering just a thought really

And yeah I added some neural activation drills before I went to school and the felt started melting off