I Can't Believe It's Been 25 Years!

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
Baldness: the hair you have at say age 25, you will prob. have that hair for the rest of your life. ie if you are going bald you go bald young. Baldness comes from your mothers’ father - if you are bald, your daughters’ sons are going to be bald too.

[/quote]

That’s a myth. My mother’s father is one of the baldest men I ever knew and I am now close to 32 with zero signs of any hair loss. My brother at 27 has all his hair as well. I have my father’s and grandfather’s hairline, widow’s peak, etc. It may be common to inherit that gene, but it is not a given.

I’m not sure how it works as my father and brother are quite bald.

I hope I look that good at 39, you have vey well balanced physique. Nice work.

Great post! You’ve shown that dedication can provide great results. I’ve just turned 37 and I’m finding it a challenge to keep my training “new” and interesting. Also I’ve really tried to re-invent my eating habits to keep my body lean and burning fat efficiently.

Did you find yourself constantly changing your diet/routine to adapt to your age? Great work. Any plans for some amatuer shows or maybe a 35+ division?
-KONG

I had to laugh at the “good for your age” comments too. I turn 37 next week and its sad to think that others on the board think that’s old, LOL.

Now, if I can look as great as Cheffie at 38… well, count me in!

[quote]K O N G wrote:
Great post! You’ve shown that dedication can provide great results. I’ve just turned 37 and I’m finding it a challenge to keep my training “new” and interesting. Also I’ve really tried to re-invent my eating habits to keep my body lean and burning fat efficiently.

Did you find yourself constantly changing your diet/routine to adapt to your age? Great work. Any plans for some amatuer shows or maybe a 35+ division?
-KONG [/quote]

Many thanks KONG. My fat loss diet stays pretty much the same but I do like changing my routines a lot to prevent stagnation and mental boredom. I’ve recently discovered this hot new routine called Power/Rep Range/Shock devised by a guy names Eric Broser and I love it so far.

It’s just what I needed to try and bust a plateau I’ve been stuck on. Each week you aim for something different which keeps your body guessing and your mind fresh and looking forward to the next leg of the routine. Here’s a synapsis of what it entails:

www.clutchfitness.com/forums/showthread.php?p=57653

Probably the most impressive 39 year old i have ever seen - damn nice work!

Thanks much Abaondon!

I’ve been wondering; when your lats are that impressive and huge is it possible to use them to glide from tree to tree?

lol…something i haven’t tried as of yet i admit but thank you :slight_smile:

Very impressive physique. You are really, really wide. I saw you are going to work on thickness, though I think you have an enviable physique, and not for someone your age, but for anyone.

The old man thanks you!

Excellent!!
Shows you what you can look like with years of constant progress and dedication

you may as well dig a hole for me im 47! great job,im envious.

Seeing your pictures makes me want to train for the rest of my life, which is what I already plan to do.

Awesome pics, and awesome job!

10 Big Guy.
You’re a role model for the rest of us. You officially look badass.

by the way, I took a look at your pics…very impressive. especially that fanny bag pose. =)

thanks guys! yea that fanny pack’s a hoot huh :slight_smile:

Awesome man. At 15 you had some great size and now you look like a freakin’ super hero.

Wow, man. Your physique is unbelievable, like that of a comic book superhero!! I know it’s been said, and I believe you, but I am amazed that 1) you’re 39; and 2) you’re 158 lbs. Incredible. That’s coming from another 39 yo.

Since the superhero reference was already used , I’ll defer to “greek-god” like.