I Can't Believ it's Not Butter or BS?!

Kelly, it would be at least 20.

I got 20 sprays to an official, brushed stainless steel teaspoon. So, it would be around 60 srays for a Tablespoon.

well at 3 calories per spray that’s not any better per tbsp. than any other regular butter product (which contains 100 calories per tbsp)…and this is mainly coming from liquid soybean oil…not good.

You are not going to get an accurate measurement by actually spraying the product into a measuring spoon…cmon! That’s just idiotic; half the product will spill over the side of the spoon.

If you really want to know, you have the numbers to figure it out (total sprays per container and total liquid volume)...do the math.

uhhhhh…actually…it didn’t look like any product spilled over. It’s not like its a can of PAM or anything. Shesh. Later.

Have you ever used the spray butter Joel? It’s actually pretty accurate and I don’t doubt that you could spray a spoonful without spilling.

Unless you squirted it 5x5 you’re a moron, Idiot. I would elaborate, but I’m too busy rehashing Pavel’s ideas for a new T-mag article. By the way, I’m up to 165lbs. now.

How dare anyone poke fun at me on this board!
After all, I know more about bodybuilding and strength training than any of you losers.

Success breeds jealousy.

Don’t dis the 5x5, dude.

What is a low smoke point? Why not olive oil? What about canola? When cooked do their heathy properties change?

You complain about people taking things out of context, then call us idiots in your next response. Perhaps you are inexperienced when it comes to being a “leader”, (for lack of a better term). I enjoyed your article and am applying it to my workouts, and applaud your success in BFL, but think YOU need to chill and not take yourself so seriously. This is not intended as a flame, but more of a reality check. Later, Herc.

Smoke point is the temp at which the oil starts to break down. You can find more info by doing a search in T-mag. Here’s some smoke points of comon oils:

flax 225F

butter,whole 300F

butter, clarified 300F

olive, extra virgin 320F

olive oil, refined 375

canola 400F

grapeseed 485F

rice bran 490F

avocado 520

Rice bran and grapeseed oil would be the best choice, as far price, avacado oil is very expensive and not worth it.

FYI, I am a insulin dependant diabetic and can’t take splenda, equal, or nutrataste. I’ve tried them all. The results are all the same, I wind up taking 1 unit per packet.
For those of you who don’t know, excess amounts of insulin feed the fat cells!
The “I can’t believe it’s not butter” thing is boguas also.
Basically, there is so shortcut to dieting. It’s balls to the walls.

I say “idiotic” one time on the forum and i’m catching tons of flak for it; i post have posted hundreds of times helping people with their training, diet, etc. with nothing but altruistic motives…everyone has a bad day every once in a while; calm down.

Just to let y’all know, you can pick up many artificial sweeteners in liquid form. These don’t have the dextrose and/or maltodextrin that the powdered kind do, although I think they do contain a little of some type of alcohol as a preservative, but it’s negligible (as in there is less of it than the artificial sweetener itself).

This spray, is it the same as the spread? (ie. in nutrient profile) - In Australia we have only the spread tub (it’s the same packaging as the US variety) and per 5gm you get 0 carbs, 0 protein and 3.5gm of fat (20% saturate, 10% poly, 40% mono). I’m pretty sure it’s Canola oil churned with buttermilk and some other nastys, but it does taste good! (I only have it on weekends when I tend to eat what I want)

I used to use tons of butter in my gourmet cooking. When I wanted to lose fat, I cut back on the butter drastically, but still used some. And I lost the fat just fine.

Personally, I believe butter is healthier than butter substitutes. And it tastes 1000% better.
And it makes food taste a million times better too. People who avoid butter all the time and then eat my cooking think they’ve died and gone to heaven.