I Can Sleep When I'm Dead

[quote]masonator wrote:
Currently pulling an all-nighter to study for a forgotten history midterm. I’m sure many of you have done this or something similiar. I will have been awake 28 hours when I get a chance to sleep.

What’s the longest you guys have gone without ANY sleep? (no napping, no dosing off…)[/quote]

40 hours, I was seeing things near the end.

5 days, thanks to meth and xstacy. On the 5th day, i didn’t take any drugs, but I was so strung out that I couldn’t sleep. I stayed awake all night hallucinating all kinds of weird shit in the dark. I have never felt as bad as I did on that last day. On top of the sleep deprevation, I got beaten up, robbed, and got 2 flat tires on my car in the pouring-ass rain. Don’t take drugs, kids.

53 hours without any upper… I was hallucinating not long there after, so I figured I would need some sleep.

[quote]Itchy wrote:
5 days, thanks to meth and xstacy. On the 5th day, i didn’t take any drugs, but I was so strung out that I couldn’t sleep. I stayed awake all night hallucinating all kinds of weird shit in the dark. I have never felt as bad as I did on that last day. On top of the sleep deprevation, I got beaten up, robbed, and got 2 flat tires on my car in the pouring-ass rain. Don’t take drugs, kids.[/quote]

Wow. That’s messed up haha.

40 hrs. It was all night before a flight, during a flight, and few hours once we reached there.

I’ve done some all-nighters for papers and I’ve had some rough flights where I would be traveling for 30 hrs and then have to hang out somewhere when I go there. I find that throwing an hour or two of sleep here and there can really take the edge off.

[quote]TylerPK4L wrote:
Whoa, kickass.
I think we’re in the same class. I’ll PM you.[/quote]

This is fucking hilarious.

I think the longest I’ve ever gone without sleeping is probably one full, 24 hour day, plus the waking hours of the next day. I’ve never been awake for more than that.

I did just recently drive from Chicago to Sacramento without stopping for more than a half an hour for gas/food. That took 39 hours, which I was up for all of them. Plus, I didn’t even go to sleep for another 7 or so hours when I finally fucking got here.

I once worked about 30 hrs straight any then started drinking for about 4hrs. Totally fucked afterwards.

Last year I went from 7am Thursday to 3am Sunday without sleeping. So that’s 68 hours. I was drunk and on Spike from around 10 pm Thursday til I went to sleep Sunday morning.

I: went to work Thursday
went to the gym after work
drove to Buffalo
went out to the bars in Buffalo
got back from the bars and played Guitar Hero all night
drove to Cleveland the next afternoon
drank all day
went to the bars in Cleveland Friday night
went to Peak 'n Peek at 7 in the morning Saturday
skiied and drank all day
drove back to Cleveland and watched the UFC that had GSP/Hughes III
tried to convince people to do another all-nighter with me
everyone went to bed
i crashed

That was a lot of fun. I’d do it every year but that was just a perfect storm of people calling me to drink or go skiing or watch UFC, etc. What was I supposed to say? “I can’t, I’m sleepy.” Fuck that weak shit. That’s why God invented Spike.

Not my longest but I did pull an all nighter doing a research paper on omega 3s last semester. Basically spent like 12 hours straight popping Spike, smokin bowls and writing. Next day I walked around campus like a fucking zombie.

weird, im pulling an all nighter right now

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
I often go 2 or 3 days without sleeping and have always been like that as far back as I can remember. Went to a place to be tested for sleep apnea and the trouble was I never fell asleep.

Some people just need very little sleep and I’m one of them. It doesn’t effect me negatively as I have 2 Bachelor degrees and a Masters and am in good health.[/quote]

This explains most of your posts in the politics forum.

But sarcasm aside, is it insomnia or you’re just cool with it?

[quote]Itchy wrote:
5 days, thanks to meth and xstacy. On the 5th day, i didn’t take any drugs, but I was so strung out that I couldn’t sleep. I stayed awake all night hallucinating all kinds of weird shit in the dark. I have never felt as bad as I did on that last day. On top of the sleep deprevation, I got beaten up, robbed, and got 2 flat tires on my car in the pouring-ass rain. Don’t take drugs, kids.[/quote]

5ish days also. Yeah, I did too much meth at a party in Trenton Nj. I had to go to NY for a 5 day class to work for Conrail Railroad and I drank coffee to help clear my head a bit, because I couldn’t focus worth a shit. It didn’t help of course, but I ended up passing the class.

dude shouldnt you be studying instead of typing on T-Nation?

i know i should …but i dont really retain knowledge when im over-tired and dude today was a mad long day. work was fucking crazy and i had to fight off crackheads. hasnt been cool and not looking forward to work tomorrow either.

good luck on your test hope its multiple choice.

[quote]Itchy wrote:

hahahahahaha. Oh the stories I could tell. Yea buddy.

[quote]masonator wrote:

What’s the longest you guys have gone without ANY sleep? (no napping, no dosing off…)[/quote]

five and a half days.

3 days exactly
time changes, busy, etc.
I slept for a day straight after that. Waking up after a day of sleeping just felt so amazing. I don’t know why.

The longest I’ve gone without sleep is about 5 hours… I have Narcolepsy. But seriously I’ve never completely pulled an all nighter. I usually end up getting at least a couple hours of sleep if I do.

30 hours, went fishing once. Never again.

40 hours my freshmen year.

Combination of finals,dating a girl that went to school 2 hours away, and having a roommate that managed a movie theater so we could go watch whatever we wanted at 3 in the morning. Usually accompanied by a 12 pack of Natty Light.

Can’t imagine why my gpa dropped that year.