I Can Only Lift One Day Per Week

Does stretching release testosterone?

[quote]riddle22 wrote:
Assuming you’ve built a respectable amount of muscle in the years you have been lifting, it would be tough to maintain with only one day a week. In the short term you would be fine (it could almost be a beneficial deload if you’ve been training hard enough recently), but after a while you would see noticeable strength and size losses.

If you haven’t built a respectable amount of muscle already, then one day a week is probably plenty to maintain whatever you have gained.

If for some reason I could absolutely only make it to the gym once a week, I would buy some adjustable dumbbells to use at home. Do all your big lifts the one day that you can make it to the gym and do isolation work and focus on some of the smaller muscles at home. Even if it’s just two additional brief workouts in addition to the one longer workout, you would be glad you included them.

Personally, I started grad school last year and switched to 2-3 relatively short (about 60 min) sessions a week and have still been seeing gains. Obviously these gains are slower than if I devoted more time and yes, if I really wanted to I could find the time to spend more time training. Honestly though, it’s not my #1 priority in life right now so it’s on the backburner. Don’t let people pass judgment on you because you’ve decided there are other things more important than training. A lot of people like to adopt an all or nothing mentality, but I think that’s completely unnecessary.[/quote]

Wait a sec, 60 minute is a short workout? I almost never lift that long on a normal workout. I think you guys do way more volume than I do. Is that why everyone is saying this would be bad? Too little volume?

^^Dude, you can’t lift once a fuckin week and expect to see results. How hard of a concept is that to grasp.

[quote]howie424 wrote:
^^Dude, you can’t lift once a fuckin week and expect to see results. How hard of a concept is that to grasp. [/quote]

I only lift each body part once per week and see results. As do plenty of people with results (e.g. 5/3/1). Why is putting these days together so bad?

[quote]Cgunz wrote:

[quote]howie424 wrote:
^^Dude, you can’t lift once a fuckin week and expect to see results. How hard of a concept is that to grasp. [/quote]

I only lift each body part once per week and see results. As do plenty of people with results (e.g. 5/3/1). Why is putting these days together so bad?[/quote]

Post pictures of your “results” so far.

[quote]Cgunz wrote:

[quote]howie424 wrote:

I only lift each body part once per week and see results. As do plenty of people with results (e.g. 5/3/1). Why is putting these days together so bad?[/quote]

You came here asking for input. Everyone has said this is stupid. You continue to think you know better and argue against. Therefore, just go away and try it and see what happens.

I am intrigued by this. I think you should do one 6-hour workout once a week, for 12 weeks. THEN come back and tell us how it worked.

You need to retire. Take it easy.

I have adjustable weights that are rusting away.
All I have is a stack of weights, bench and power-rack.
My gym is a barn type shelter with an uneven floor that shakes.
It was minus 20 degrees Celsius in my Scottish Highlands “gym” the other day.

Do you think I should only train in the Summer time? Or give up since I don’t have a ‘proper gym’?

[quote]decimation wrote:

If you workout hard , it will take upwards of 10 days to recover properly. [/quote]

This is slightly above the level of bullshit than the “natural trainee’s don’t need isolation” bullshit that was posted last week.

FUCK!

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]decimation wrote:

If you workout hard , it will take upwards of 10 days to recover properly. [/quote]

This is slightly above the level of bullshit than the “natural trainee’s don’t need isolation” bullshit that was posted last week.

FUCK!

[/quote]

They were serious when they wrote it?

That’s pretty sad…but yelping “why do I have to work more than once a week!” has got to be one extra point on the “weak” scale.

[quote]Shontayne wrote:

[quote]Cgunz wrote:

[quote]howie424 wrote:

You came here asking for input. Everyone has said this is stupid. You continue to think you know better and argue against. Therefore, just go away and try it and see what happens.[/quote]

I was asking for input, true. I got a single answer, and I repeatedly asked “why”. No one has been willing to answer that question.

I do often train more frequently than that using OLs variation 5-6 x per week.That said Real muscle shouldn’t disappear in 10 days though.
That’s water retention or something else.
Also I said I felt his approach was not ideal .

I use information here, as occasionally use bodybuilding methods to bring up weaker body
parts

e.g. like lats which are very strong now. Also I find good info here without agreeing with every thing certain posters say.

There are many roads to rome. As has been noted training is often very indivdual.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]decimation wrote:

FUCK!

[/quote]

They were serious when they wrote it?

That’s pretty sad…but yelping “why do I have to work more than once a week!” has got to be one extra point on the “weak” scale.[/quote]

Lol, no doubt.

hey I only work 3 days a week, and have no college education, why am I broke?

Or

Hey I wanna be a rock star, but I’m only going to practice like once a week for like an hour or so. I’m pretty busy dawg.

[quote]Shontayne wrote:

[quote]Cgunz wrote:

[quote]howie424 wrote:

You came here asking for input. Everyone has said this is stupid. You continue to think you know better and argue against. Therefore, just go away and try it and see what happens.[/quote]

I was asking for input, true. I got a single answer, and I repeatedly asked “why”. No one has been willing to answer that question.

[quote]Cgunz wrote:

[quote]Shontayne wrote:

[quote]Cgunz wrote:

[quote]howie424 wrote:

I was asking for input, true. I got a single answer, and I repeatedly asked “why”. No one has been willing to answer that question. [/quote]

No one thinks you can get any results with one day per week therefore all you can so is try it your-self.

Let me ask you something: if you wanted to run 400m the fastest way you could or even say you have reached a very respectable 400m sprint already and you just want to maintain it.

Do you honestly think sprinting once per week would do anything to maintain or increase your speed?

You will ideally the n se rvous system more often to train more neural pathways.
This will allow you to use more weight and build more muscle.

Training all rep ranges will witbuild more muscle, as it excites higher percentage of muscle fibres.

It is not such an easy question to answer there are many articles on this website dealing with it. Look up Chad Waterbury and Christian Thibeaudeau.

Me: “what about x”
Response: “no.”
Me: “why not?”
Response: “shut up, go away.”

This isn’t me being lazy. I’m a young attorney and so I have to work a ton. I also teach classes at Church and I anticipate teaching a class soon at the university. Plus, I don’t spend enough time with my wife or working on my faith (I would like to attend daily Mass). And I haven’t read a book for pleasure in years. I was looking for something in life I could reduce, and I’m happy with my strength and size, so I figured I didn’t need to lift so may times per week… in fact, what about just once? Apparently I’m a lazy assole just for asking.

You have to set priorities. No one cares what you do with your time. Do what makes you happy BUT don’t expect to put minimum effort into anything and get GREAT results, that makes no sense what so ever.

[quote]decimation wrote:
more often to train more neural pathways.
[/quote]

Between this shit, and the dudes in the Sup & Nut forum that are fucking eating like TWICE A WEEK. I think the internet has ruined weight lifting for some people.

I have read threads of people actually becoming anorexic on this site for fuck’s sake. Now, we have to worry about training more neural pathways?

Progress is so much more simple than this guys. It isn’t easy, but it is fucking simple.

But I suppose getting stronger on your compounds & iso’s, increasing volume, eating for your goals, and being consistent and frequent isn’t as sexy as “training nuera pathducts.”

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:

[quote]Cgunz wrote:

[quote]Shontayne wrote:

[quote]Cgunz wrote:

[quote]howie424 wrote:

I was asking for input, true. I got a single answer, and I repeatedly asked “why”. No one has been willing to answer that question. [/quote]

No one thinks you can get any results with one day per week therefore all you can so is try it your-self.

Let me ask you something: if you wanted to run 400m the fastest way you could or even say you have reached a very respectable 400m sprint already and you just want to maintain it.

Do you honestly think sprinting once per week would do anything to maintain or increase your speed?[/quote]

Thank you for a thoughtful response. But I don’t think the analogy works. A better one is to say that I ggot a good 400 by sprinting once a wek and then doing slower runs, and could I maintain my 400 time by still only sprinting once a week.

I’m not huge, but I put on around 60 lbs of pretty lean mass since I started, and I’m happy with it. I’ve been maintaining mycurrent strength for over a year with once a week lifts per body part, so I figured I could just combine those.