I, Bodybuilder Phase Length?

Thibs,

I plan on starting the “I,Bodybuilder” program in the next couple of weeks and have one main question;

I’ve always worked in 4 week cycles and planned on doing this with each phase of the program.
Wk 1 - Learning/ Finding weights
Wk2/3 - Heavier work load with stimulant supplentment (NO product)
Wk 4 - Deload wk prparing for next phase.

My only fear with this is because each phase is so focused I would not really be hitting legs or chest for a couple of months. So my question is do you believe I would get better (more balanced) results by doing each phase 2 weeks (as you mention in the article) with no deload until the transition phase then repeating again if I desired after the 5th phase?

Hope this isn’t a pointless question, thanks for you time coach.

[quote]DGarcia wrote:
Thibs,

I plan on starting the “I,Bodybuilder” program in the next couple of weeks and have one main question;

I’ve always worked in 4 week cycles and planned on doing this with each phase of the program.
Wk 1 - Learning/ Finding weights
Wk2/3 - Heavier work load with stimulant supplentment (NO product)
Wk 4 - Deload wk prparing for next phase.

My only fear with this is because each phase is so focused I would not really be hitting legs or chest for a couple of months. So my question is do you believe I would get better (more balanced) results by doing each phase 2 weeks (as you mention in the article) with no deload until the transition phase then repeating again if I desired after the 5th phase?

Hope this isn’t a pointless question, thanks for you time coach.[/quote]

2 weeks is only for a phase focusing on one of your strong points. The minimum I would go is 3 weeks and prefer 4 or even 5. But no need to deload with this type of training.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll keep that all in mind as I start the program.