I,Bodybuilder for College Kids?

I am a college kid in Canada and I seriously cannot afford $345 (monthly) for the Anaconda Protocol kit (not to mention it would cost more for international shipping, taxes etc.). But if I work hard and make some sacrifices, I can most likely afford to buy two bottles of Anaconda a month.

Is there any point in taking the Anaconda supplement by itself and pairing it with I, Bodybuilder workout program? I realize I won’t have incredible gains but I would like to do my best within my budget. And would it be possible to cut out the transition 5th day workout and pair the training down to 4x a week?

Also, I don’t know if it’s been posted or whatnot but any other guidelines for diet besides the Anaconda supplement?

From college student to college student, I really wouldn’t bother putting yourself into financial troubles for something like this. Being young you already possess a great ability to recover (with the point of anaconda being to improve recovery). Obviously not to maximum potential…however with a sound nutritional protocol, basic supplementation, some smart auto-regulated training, and consistency you should make some good gains following the principles laid out with the program.

I say follow I,BB … but adapt it to yourself. Reduce the workload from the sample as it may be too much volume for someone who isn’t on the Anaconda protocol. This is what I will be doing :slight_smile:

Just my view on the matter. Take it as you want. :slight_smile:

Dude people have been getting big and ripped for ages so sure you can too…

takes hard work and good diet. if you feel your recovery capabilities isnt good enough reduce the workload by making it a 9 day week ?

[quote]Chainfire99 wrote:
I am a college kid in Canada and I seriously cannot afford $345 (monthly) for the Anaconda Protocol kit (not to mention it would cost more for international shipping, taxes etc.). But if I work hard and make some sacrifices, I can most likely afford to buy two bottles of Anaconda a month. Is there any point in taking the Anaconda supplement by itself and pairing it with I, Bodybuilder workout program? I realize I won’t have incredible gains but I would like to do my best within my budget. And would it be possible to cut out the transition 5th day workout and pair the training down to 4x a week? Also, I don’t know if it’s been posted or whatnot but any other guidelines for diet besides the Anaconda supplement?[/quote]

Anaconda is the core of the protocol. It includes MAG-10 in its ingredients. MAG-10 is basically one of the component of Anaconda, it is used to jack up the amount of casein hydrolysate, leucine and citruline malate you are getting with the full protocol without having to add more creatine, beta-alanine and hydration complexe.

So technically you could do the protocol with only Anaconda. You would be getting less protein and amino acids in, but you wouldn’t miss any of the key ingredients from the protocol.

You could add one scoop of whey protein about 45 minutes before the workout (whey takes longer than casein hydrolysate to hit the bloodstream, so you have to take it sooner) with a source of fast-absorbed carbs, then have the Anaconda prior to, and during the workout.

“In conclusion, whole proteins resulted in a more rapid absorption of leucine and branched-chain amino acid into the blood compared with the hydrolysed molecular form of whey protein.”

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

You could add one scoop of whey protein about 45 minutes before the workout (whey takes longer than casein hydrolysate to hit the bloodstream, so you have to take it sooner) with a source of fast-absorbed carbs, then have the Anaconda prior to, and during the workout.

[/quote]

Thib, trying to get results with Grow, and Surge Recovery:

I’m already taking 5g Leucine, 2 Beta-7, 30 minutes pre-workout, before a serving of Surge Recovery 5-10 min. pre-workout. Would another serving of Grow around these two provide a better surge of aminos? Or is that overkill?

Thanks for the replies Christian and the rest!

Just to clarify a bit better though, I am in college (full-time)but I am not that young! I am 24 and have been weight-training on and off for 7 or so years. Decided to go back to school and improve my resume before I hopefully become a police officer in two years or so. I am 5ft10 but only about 182 lbs @ 14% bf (hard enough stomach, no abs popping out tho).

I was only about 135 lbs when i started so I have put in some blood, sweat, and tears but I would consider myself an intermediate lifter. I would just really love to gain 10-15 lbs as soon as possible without of course turning to illegal drugs & steroids!

[quote]Teledin wrote:
From college student to college student, I really wouldn’t bother putting yourself into financial troubles for something like this. Being young you already possess a great ability to recover (with the point of anaconda being to improve recovery). Obviously not to maximum potential…however with a sound nutritional protocol, basic supplementation, some smart auto-regulated training, and consistency you should make some good gains following the principles laid out with the program.

I say follow I,BB … but adapt it to yourself. Reduce the workload from the sample as it may be too much volume for someone who isn’t on the Anaconda protocol. This is what I will be doing :slight_smile:

Just my view on the matter. Take it as you want. :)[/quote]

Teledin, I almost fell out of my chair…

You’re the twin of my brother-in-law…

:slight_smile:

[quote]Blackhole wrote:

“In conclusion, whole proteins resulted in a more rapid absorption of leucine and branched-chain amino acid into the blood compared with the hydrolysed molecular form of whey protein.”[/quote]
So now whole protein sources is faster than hydralysed protein? This is new to me. Do we need to adjust the protocol according to this information?

[quote]Smallfry69 wrote:

[quote]Teledin wrote:

Just my view on the matter. Take it as you want. :)[/quote]

Teledin, I almost fell out of my chair…

You’re the twin of my brother-in-law…

:)[/quote]
lol

[quote]Blackhole wrote:

“In conclusion, whole proteins resulted in a more rapid absorption of leucine and branched-chain amino acid into the blood compared with the hydrolysed molecular form of whey protein.”[/quote]

I posted a few studies showing the exact opposite to be true… that hydrolysed protein are absorbed faster. That’s the limitation of studies… for every study coming to a conclusion, you can find several ones showing the opposite to be true. This is why a pound of experience is often worth more than a ton of theory.

[quote]Blackhole wrote:

I posted a few studies showing the exact opposite to be true… that hydrolysed protein are absorbed faster. That’s the limitation of studies… for every study coming to a conclusion, you can find several ones showing the opposite to be true. This is why a pound of experience is often worth more than a ton of theory.[/quote]

I was told yesterday in a medical exam:

“You’re too young and short for your weight, drop it, one more kilo and you’ll be officially obese”. These are the times when I say “Fuck theory, or at least misapplied/misunderstood theory”.

[/quote]

Would dextrose be a good carb to take with whey prior to the workout?